Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A black and white Tail (Ethereal-Star) Niahi Woods

Started by SilmeriaElemred, July 27, 2015, 01:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

''I basicly already promised I'd be there, I am a lady of my word. What kind of 'Queen of the Night's Embrace' would I be if I didn't.'' Sicillica replied with a semi teasing tone. ''I just hope I will not encounter any from my former herd...''

She thanked Breneg for the second cup of tea.

''Regarding the spider though... I have the feeling we're forgetting something...'' Sicillica said to Chestnut. ''I just have no idea what. Maybe it's not important...''

Ethereal-Star

"You are very welcome, Miss Sicillica. Any time." Breneg told her with a smile. "But I do need to be heading off soon to the ruins as already decided. To take care of missus spider in there and collect the items needed."

Halatir landed back on his arm with a small hoot as he wished his master and companion good tidings with such. He would not go with, as this was a job for his master alone. "My thanks, dear friend." the arch-druid said to the owl. Halatir merely lifted his wings up as if to say, 'no problem'.

"I wouldn't worry about it." Chestnut said in response to Sicillica's comment from before. "As you said, it's probably nothing to worry about. What could be worse than Miss Big Mean Spider in there? But we would both like to come with, if that's okay with you?" he asked the faun with hopeful eyes.

After thinking about it for a good near minute, Breneg slowly nodded. "I don't see why not. Just one request though, and that is to remain in back of me at all times as I negotiate with our spider queen friend. Just to ensure things go smoothly."

"No prob at all, will do!" Chestnut said a bit too cheerfully. To be honest, he wasn't sure why he wished to accompany the arch-druid but for some reason he also felt they were missing some important piece of information. Plus the grand castle was a sight for sore eyes, no matter what sort of nasty denizens called it home. Finishing his third cup of tea, he remarked chipper as ever, "So, we ready to roll?"

SilmeriaElemred

Sicillica nodded as she finished her drink. ''I just hope she has no grudge against me for having wrapped her in a cage of vines as self defence... also another positive point if we come along. We can carry something too. Silverware and gold is not exactly lightweighted.''

She did feel a lot better and returned to her original form. ''And I can easily weave bags too.''

Ethereal-Star

"Off we go then." Breneg went back inside and gathered a few things before heading right back out, the vines rustling again behind him. Halatir, meanwhile perched himself on a branch and groomed himself before settling down and closing his eyes to rest.

Chestnut turned to Sicillica and asked, "I hope you got enough energy to cast your plant magic in case anything goes wrong?"

SilmeriaElemred

''In the worst case it will not be friendly vines like yesterday. I am truely, not fond of killing but if this situation requires thorns and pulling off the spider's legs, I will. This time we know it is there so I will not be so off guard and actually forget I have magic.''

Ethereal-Star

"Such dire actions should not be necessary. After all, I am an arch-druid and have great skill in communing with all of nature and her creatures. With me there, this should only be a matter of calming the beast and convincing it to go elsewhere. Or at the least, let us pass unharmed." Breneg explained, putting a wooden stick with a crystal attached to it in his brown knapsack he carried.

"Yes, let's hope so." Chestnut agreed. "While the running for my life made me once more appreciate the magnificence of the gallop, the circumstances could have been waaaay better."

Breneg chuckled at this, and shouldered his pack. "I can imagine so. So let's carry on, shall we?"

And off the trio went, the morning sun shining brightly through the trees' leaves, casting yellow dappled light rays on the ground, a few light fairies dancing in the rays, trying to catch them, while one basked on a falling yellow leaf going for a ride as the leaf fell from the tree. They definitely looked like they were having fun.

SilmeriaElemred

During the day the forest was beautiful. And it did not take very long to reach the castleruins. Remarkably the vines that created the paths were still holding strong. Sicillica noticed though that the sign was gone. ''Looks like someone did not agree with the warning sign...'' she said.

''I suppose we should go to our hostess first?''

Ethereal-Star

The fact the sign was no longer there was something to be worried about. Breneg inspected the ground nearby for footprints or other disturbances though he was no ranger or tracker. "Best to keep alert as much as possible." the arch-druid commented, examining also the vines held in place. He could sense the magic was still strong, and that there was no danger of the place collapsing any time soon.

Chestnut snorted and stamped the ground with a blue tufted hoof. "Well, we're here, might as well go on in. And if Miss Spider isn't cooperative, maybe a cup of your splendid tea will calm her down, eh?" the unicorn chuckled at his own joke, before the smile disappeared from his face as he too looked at the seemingly foreboding castle ruins.

Breneg smiled. "Come on, let us continue." And the faun led the way, getting out his crystal-topped stick wand from his knapsack.

"Well, here goes nothing." Chestnut trotted along after him, looking back at Sicillica. "Come on, slow poke!"

SilmeriaElemred

''In the worst case I could still lock her up in vines... I just hope I do not have to.'' Sicillica said as she took a deep breath and proceeded. On their way down she noticed some fragments of wood that just hours before had been the sign.

''If we manage to reason with her, maybe it is an idea to bury the corpses or something? Sure they make a fine warning and were most likely nothing more then scavengers but... letting themstay like this. It feels a bit wrong.''

Ethereal-Star

"Our first priority is the spider. After that, we shall see what can be done." Breneg told them as they neared the castle entrance.

The river trickled alongside the path, making calming, soothing sounds as they walked. Pushing open the large rickety door, or what was left of it carefully, the trio made their way in. No sign of the spider just yet.

Breneg seemed to listen intently for several moments before he indicated a direction. "The stones direct us this way. They echo that a mammoth spider was last seen going this route. The earth beneath us says the same." He looked at the ceiling just to check that the spider queen was not there laying in wait, and Chestnut looked up as well.

"Ah, just what every perfect day should be like." the unicorn mused. "A day of frolicking, exploring, running from an ickly giant spider only to head back into the jaws of impending danger. Yep, perfect day indeed."

So they all headed down in the direction that the arch-druid advised, vines hanging down every which way that tickled Chestnut's nose teasingly. "Achoo!" he sneezed loudly, it echoing far on down the hallways. Achoo, choo, choo, choo, oo, oo, oo... the sound reverberated throughout. Chestnut held his breath momentarily in anticipation.

SilmeriaElemred

''Shall I clear those vines Majestic king?'' Sicillica giggled. She did exactly that for multiple reasons. The spider most likely already had noticed their arrival but if they had to run the last thing she wanted was becoming entangled in vines. And more sound perhaps could attract the Gods knew what.

Other then vines though Sicillica allowed some luminescent flowers to grow to provide more light on the ceiling and walls in case the spider would be waiting. She did wonder what the archdruid would permit violence wise if the spider would be hostile. If she accidently went to far she hoped he would not be angry.

Ethereal-Star

"Hah! Vines do not stop this grand steed!" Chestnut snorted in indignation at the response of the black unicorn, but underneath that he was chuckling as well, although inwardly. "But yes, if it please Her Majesty to make way for the King, by all means do so!" Holding his head high with pride, a certain look of both mirth and grandeur shining in his blue eyes, Chestnut shook his mane in a majestic fashion befitting of one such as him.

"After all, we can't have vines tangled up in His Majesty's hair, now can we?" He said, his eyes twinkling in jest.

Breneg said nothing, remaining quiet, but there was a look of concentration upon his hairy goat-like features. One ear twitched at some sound he heard, but then it was gone and all was silent once more. Well, except for the unicorns talking, that is.

They walked on, the arch-druid also casting a spell of bright light once the passageways got considerably darker, making it harder to see, even with the luminescent leaves and flowers Sicillica had cast all along the hallways. Now with more than enough sufficient light to guide their steps, they continued on, Breneg ever alert for any sounds or shadowy movements, while Chestnut quipped up a snarky comment here and there, one of them about stepping in mud and getting his gorgeous hooves dirtied.

Still no sign of the spider though. Or any other trouble for that matter.

Breneg stopped to listen for another moment, before he put his cloven hand on the stone walls and concentrated. After a moment had passed, he opened his eyes again. "The dire spider is close by." he stated, looking at Chestnut and Sicillica. "I also sense more than just her though, so be on your guard. Another massive presence, although not quite as large as the spider queen herself is also around here too, most likely her mate. Not to mention, there is the faint stirrings of life yet to be born."

Looking pointedly at the other two he pressed, an urgent note to his voice. "Do you remember coming across any spider egg sacs? I sense many arachnid presences, but the others are rather small and would not pose much of a threat."

Chestnut froze, eyes wide as he thought, trying to recall what they had seen before. Finally, he spoke up. "I actually cannot remember, Great One of the woods." He chuckled nervously. "After all, running for my life tends to make me forget other details. But there might have been?" The unicorn admitted, looking rather sheepish. The blue and white unicorn turned to his female companion. "What do you remember seeing?" he asked.

The arch-druid nodded to himself, seemingly somewhat satisfied at the response given. "Most likely they are the unborn offspring of the spiders. I would be very careful where you step as the slightest misstep could ruin any chance for peaceful negotiations if anyone accidentally crushes one of the babies if they tread underfoot. That is, if any have emerged into the world yet. I don't think I need to tell you both that the parents will be extremely protective of their young. Best to stay back as far as you can, and let me do the talking."

SilmeriaElemred

''It was quite dark. I am a black unicorn but I have no good vision in dark caverns.'' Sicillica admitted. ''It could explain why she was so hostile. Most beings do know better then killing a unicorn. Especially without warning. Dire's are capable of speaking right?''

Careful not to hit sacs, Sicillica tapped the floor. Carefully forming vines which game bloom to luminescent flowers. ''At the least we did not trample any on our way out. There were no webbings or remains on our feet or... hooves.''

Tags: