Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

[Character seeking thread] Let's try this o.O;

Started by Anonymous, December 18, 2005, 02:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Well, I'm a newbie, so please forgive me for making such a topic instead of jumping into a thread right away - the amount of stuff going on is a bit overwhelming, as I am used to much, much smaller games with, like, ten players o.o;

I'm looking for a thread  my character here(see sig) would fit into. In a nutshell, for these who don't like long profiles, she's a priestess with a rather caring personality, is good at healing people, but is currently homeless and travelling around.

I don't mind most possibilities in general - I don't mind if, say, my character is stumbling on someone who's wounded, hired by someone as a healer(or seeing a joboffer for such), I don't even mind the clicheed damsel-in-distress intro on my part(although to be honest, I don't like it much), or other plausible ways.

Well, anyone @_@? It'd surely help in the beginning. ^^

Anonymous

Another newbie here, with the same problem... this place is big.

Anyways, my character Avuikx might be good for a few threads if, say, your character tries to "cure" him. What's her take on the cycle of birth and destruction of the Earth?

Anonymous

Hiyo, I saw your thread too ^^ I didn't reply because, well, my character didn't fit your job requirement ^^ She surely isn't a plotter XD

I'd surely not mind having them meet. She'd not continue to try to heal if he didn't want to though(and she'd fail anyway, that surely is a big change to the body o.O)

Her stanceon that  is, well, mostly that it is well beyond her capabilities and understanding - in fact, just as life follows death and death follows life, it is just the natural circle in her opinion, and makes sense. She ain't a cosmologist for sure, and to her it is mostly metaphysical anyway. It's beyond her scope - it happened a long time before she was born and will happen a long time in the future, regardless what she does.  

There is also another problem - if we newbies act among us mostly, we won't get contact to the game itself, and that's bad :(

Anonymous

My guy Nena was in a thread, it seems dead--I'm not sure what the limit on abandonment is here, but it seems like it's gone.  I'd be more than happy to drop him somewhere--rather fond of him.  Of course, I'm a newb as well; don't know how you feel about that.

Anonymous

Eh, I didn't mean it'd be bad to play with other new people as such x.x Sorry to have written it sounding like that. Bad Fennel, don't write when tired!

Anonymous

Still; if you're looking for someone, I'll be more than willing to participate.  And I'm rather flexible about location, story, whatever.  If Nena's just not what you're looking for, though, I won't be offended.

Anonymous

I'd not mind it, no worry, I'm open too.

I'll try to come up with an idea that can start all three characters and post it here for discussion, as new players have to hold together or something ^^.
How does that sound? It's past midnight though so don't expect something from me for quite a number of hours XD

But there should be ways :) Maybe that'll attract some other players too then o.o

Rhindeer

I have a character I could lend to the thread, if both of ya are interested. Hey, it could be a threesome. XD No, not thaaat kind... >.>

Anyway! I have a cynical summoner character, a human named Zharith that hails from Necromantia (but does not currently live there). I haven't gotten to play him much, so I'm still fleshing him out a ton, but what I understand of him so far is that he's trapped in a sort of purgatory, so to speak. He made a big boo-boo in a past life, and now he's paying for it in all his recent lives--the Big Screw-Up he made happened when he was 23, and so now he has a tendency to die three months into his 23rd birthday in very unorthodox ways (of his own doing and the doing of others). And then, he's reborn (into a different sex, role, country, etc.), has to relearn all the information, and, once again, has to try and figure out a way to break the cycle. Thing is, he can never figure out what he did to begin with (hah, I don't know what he did yet, either, ahem). So, it's driving him nuts.

So, yesh. That's basically all I have for him. Dunno if he'd fit or if anyone would be interested, but, yeah! Heh!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I personally leave threads for about five or so days before i start wondering if i should flee.  :D

Anonymous

O_o  Nevermind, it's back.  Soon as I speak of something, damn.  Well, if you'd still like my participation, I can whip a new character out rather quickly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Small Wonder"I have a character I could lend to the thread, if both of ya are interested. Hey, it could be a threesome. XD No, not thaaat kind... >.>

Anyway! I have a cynical summoner character, a human named Zharith that hails from Necromantia (but does not currently live there). I haven't gotten to play him much, so I'm still fleshing him out a ton, but what I understand of him so far is that he's trapped in a sort of purgatory, so to speak. He made a big boo-boo in a past life, and now he's paying for it in all his recent lives--the Big Screw-Up he made happened when he was 23, and so now he has a tendency to die three months into his 23rd birthday in very unorthodox ways (of his own doing and the doing of others). And then, he's reborn (into a different sex, role, country, etc.), has to relearn all the information, and, once again, has to try and figure out a way to break the cycle. Thing is, he can never figure out what he did to begin with (hah, I don't know what he did yet, either, ahem). So, it's driving him nuts.

So, yesh. That's basically all I have for him. Dunno if he'd fit or if anyone would be interested, but, yeah! Heh!

I'd be interested, though I'm not sure if the offer was extended to me...

Rhindeer

Quote from: "Silv"
Quote from: "Small Wonder"I have a character I could lend to the thread, if both of ya are interested. Hey, it could be a threesome. XD No, not thaaat kind... >.>

I'd be interested, though I'm not sure if the offer was extended to me...
It's extended to anyone! ^__^ So, yeah, if you're interested...we can do somethin'!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Avuikx and Zharith would work for sure in a thread! And I guess if you don't mind one could also smuggle my little Gabrie along, too, for a while. The problem is, of course, how to.

It sucks to be braindead/writer blocked, but I'd like to, if there is a fitting way. :)

Anonymous

I haven't been on in more than two weeks, and from the looks of things, I'm not the only one. I have an idea, though. If anyone's still interested.

Rhindeer

Zharith is still up and open! ^_~

Anonymous

I'd be interested, obviously new too. >_<  I'm always bored!

Rhindeer

Yay then! XDD Looks like we have a slowly growing little group here, then!

Alrighty then! Where should we take our people? XD

Anonymous

I could work with an open space or a village, but whatever works for anyone else I can work myself into. -nods-  :)

Anonymous

Avuikx is nomadic, so wherever your characters are right now is fine.

Anonymous

hmm so can my elf mage tag along.... He can appear anywhere you need him and I can work my way in any way you need or swing him in if need be as well :D.... So yeah if I can be a part of it I will get started on that