Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fit to be Tied [Moonie] [M]

Started by Zane, September 07, 2015, 07:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

A light blush touched Altira's cheeks as Nerissa brushed her lips to the younger girl's cheek. Seemed public displays of affection were increasingly common here, she idly wondered if she would ever stop blushing at little things like that. It was common enough in the Connloathian Courts! Then again, she'd never been to Connloath. "The pleasure is mine." She replied with a warm smile.

Nodding to each of the children in turn, her warm smile filling with adoration, "And it's good to meet the two of you as well." She turned back to face Nerissa, "You have two beautiful children."

Zero

Little Ashley's face lit up at the compliment, Joseph squirmed to try to hide against his mother even more, and both Nerissa and Talia smiled. "Thank you, sister. They are my little treasures. Now come, sit. There is no need to stand on ceremony or stand at all for that matter."

Nerissa took a seat on the couch and patted the place beside her invitingly while Talia moved to the chair across from the sofa. "I am so eager to get to know you. My brother is young and rash, but in the last few years he has been so excited to find you, he worried how long it might take for Luna to guide his mate to him. It does not come so quickly to everyone."

Zane

Altira sat next to Nerissa, angling herself in order to better chat openly with the two other women. "Well, I can give you some basics about myself now, and fill in the details as time goes on if you want. Raff and I have had an.." the young noble cleared her throat, "..eventful morning, so we haven't shared too many details about ourselves yet."

"I'm the youngest daughter of the Zamt'ris family, I have four brothers and four sisters. I am nineteen, my Nameday is during Midwinter. And ironically, Luna lead me to Raff while I was on my way to meet a man that my father had arranged for me to wed." Altira has purposefully used the name of Luna, she wasn't overly religious herself, but she could tell that the Moon Goddess meant quite a bit to the few werewolves she now knew by name.

Zero

Talia and Nerissa both gave a faint chuckle at Altira's description of her morning with Raff. Of course they both knew what that meant, it was difficult for newly mated wolves to contain themselves. Not to mention Nerissa could smell her younger brother, and sex, all over the young woman seated beside her. She made no comment for the sake of a human's modesty.

Not to mention the quick little rush of information her new sister was giving them even as little Joseph had begun to peek curiously at Altira from around his mother. Mother and daughter shared a look when they learned that she'd been on her way to an arranged marriage. Nerissa shifted uncomfortably, not sure what to make of that news. It certainly wouldn't have been pleasant for her brother to hear, but if it was not already known to him he should probably be told. "Does Raff know about this?"

Zane

Altira's own perception of the morning was much different than the one that sent both the werewolves to chuckling. Sure, she'd had sex- very good sex, she admitted to herself, but the emotional instability and the ups and downs, and the internal conflict is what more held her focus. She didn't particularly find it all that funny. Oh well, maybe it was a werewolf thing that she'd yet to pick up on.

But Altira had said something wrong, she could see it see it in their faces. Was it the fact that she'd been betrothed before Raff came into her life? Altira almost found it humorous in an ironic way, like both god and man had agreed that she would meet her intended, but they disagreed on who he was. Her brow furrowed slightly, "Well, yes. He growled a bit, but was quickly over it, it seemed to me.."

Zero

"I've never known my brother to show such restraint. You must have done or said something to calm him." Nerissa said pensively with a frown, knowing that such news would have been upsetting and infuriating for any jealous new mate.

"I think Raff had more pressing issues on his mind and that you underestimate your brother. He has been very eager to please Altira, taking good care of her. Losing his head over a man that means nothing wouldn't be taking very good care of her, now would it?" Talia was surprised that Raff hadn't gone off too, but she'd rather not leave her new daughter thinking that her mate was a man with an uncontrollable temper - he wasn't, but from a human looking at a werewolf it might have seemed that way. "Besides, everyone knows men are hot-headed and unreasonable, it is a mate's gift to be able to soothe him."

"It is a good skill to be naturally adept in, but a great one to learn if not." Nerissa agreed. She'd never had issues keeping Cortland's wolf in check, but as a wolf herself she knew the way wolves think. Altira didn't, but she was sure to learn with a mate like Raff. "So this former betrothed of yours...you have no desire to wed him?"

Nerissa was obviously anxious over this news. Talia had already spoken to Altira of the significance of the mate bond and what her leaving Raff would mean for him, but Nerissa was worried for her brother. It was never pretty when a wolf was rejected by his mate.

Zane

"None whatsoever." Altira proclaimed adamantly, "The idea of being wed to a stranger against my will was, quite unsettling. It went against every idea I had for my own future. And sure, they were perhaps the fantasies of a girl who read far too much fiction, but it was still my life! I begged my father for weeks to call of the betrothal, but he would have none of it.."

It the short pause of her sudden tirade she realized, once again, just how similar her current situation was. At least on a basic level. The bite mark on her shoulder was a physical representation of being bound to someone she'd only just met. Except unlike any wedding ring, she couldn't take this one off. Her hand went up to the well forming scar. Slipping easily under the shirt to feel the scabbing.

"But with Raff... it's different. I feel at ease around him." A small smile pulled at the corner of her lips. Barely noticeable to herself, let alone any observer. Unlike any wedding ring she had imagined in the last month and a half, this didn't feel like a burden.

Zero

There was a momentarily relief that crossed the faces of both women, but Nerissa quickly changed her expression to wary as Altira explained how opposed she had been to being wed to a stranger. After all, this wasn't an dissimilar situation. Instead of gaining an unwelcome husband the newest member of the family had been claimed by an unknown mate.

Joseph leaned around his mother to peek wide-eyed and curious at Altira, and his little nose twitched occasionally. The young boy was obviously fascinated by the woman that smelled unfamiliar and yet familiar at the same time. He inched closer to the new aunt his mother had claimed, brown eyes still watching her every move shyly.

Nerissa relaxed again when Altira said that she felt at ease around Raff. "So you are alright with what has happened? I know it was sudden and unexpected for you, but Raff's been dreaming of meeting you for years and I know my brother will be a good mate. "

Zane

Altira opened her mouth to answer, then closed it. Was she alright? She probably shouldn't try to think too intently on the question at that moment, least she broke down once again. Time, That's what she needed. To process things slowly. Take them as they came. After all, it wasn't like she could change the past, and tomorrow would have to see itself. What was important is that right now she was safe.

She took a deep breath and started to speak again, "Much as happened in a very short amount of time. I am still adjusting, but..." She gave a small smile, it was both unsure and confidant, "I will be Okay. Raff has already shown me more care than I could expect from just about any Lord, and according to the both of you, that's just the beginning."

Zero

Talia fixed Nerissa with a frown, but forced it away when Altira answered the question as best she could. Being human once herself she knew that wolves could be pushy and, not unsympathetic, but not really understanding of how difficult the mating could be to really process and adjust to. Her daughter hadn't gone through any of this emotional turmoil at her mating to Cortland, she'd known everything to expect and had embraced her mate readily. It wasn't quite as easy for humans.

"Nerissa, stop badgering your poor sister. This is not an interrogation. Now your men will be returning in a few hours and they'll be hungry. I'm making mincemeat pies for supper. Who's going to be the chef's assistant?" Talia's eyes sparkled slightly as she pointedly did not look at Ashley, who's hand had immediately shot up and who was practically bouncing and wiggling with anticipation.

"Me Nana, me! I wanna help!" The poor girl was ready to burst with excitement.

"No volunteers?" She said theatrically with a grin.

"NANA!" Ashley humphed and giggled, jumping up to take her grandmother's hand and tug her expectantly towards the kitchen. "Nana come on."

Nerissa and Talia laughed as the older woman finally stood and went with the bouncing girl into the kitchen to begin cooking an offering for the ravenous wolves that would descend upon the house in due order.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put you on the spot. It's just that Raff is the baby of the family and I can't help but feel protective of him. I'm sure everything will be fine." Nerissa said sincerely.

Zane

Watching Talia and Ashley brought a smile to her face. She would be alright here, truly. "You're fine Nerissa. If the situation was reversed, I am sure my brothers and at least two of my sisters would put Raff on the spot. I'm the baby of my family, too." With that, she stood and walked over to the kitchen area. Wanting to watch as she was almost certain that if she tried to help, she would be getting in the way.

Sure, she could track and hunt, skin and gut any game animal out there. Except for maybe wild boar- they were extremely dangerous and impossible to hunt alone. But cooking had never been her strength. Ever. But she could burn a piece of meat enough that the non-charred insides were very edible. That's not to say it was good. It would still taste burnt.

Zero

It would become readily apparent that Talia had done prep work on the pies sometime earlier in the day. A large mixing bowl held the filling of minced beef, apples, raisins, and spices. Little Ashley was happily sprinkling flour onto the ball of dough that her grandmother was dutifully rolling flat for the crust.

Nerissa followed Altira into the kitchen, smiling at her mother and daughter before taking a seat at the table to watch them work together, knowing more help wasn't needed, or wanted. Her daughter loved getting to help Talia all by herself like a 'big girl'.

Joseph had also followed them into the kitchen, he looked at his mother, almost indecisive about doing to her, but instead he grabbed a fistful of Altira's pants leg in his little hand and clung to her as he began sucking on the fingers of his other hand. Even as a toddler he smelled the familiarity of his uncle on the woman and was instinctively drawn to his new aunt.

Without looking up from her work Talia addressed Nerissa. "So I am thinking that a family hunt needs to be done soon. It's always so nice having the whole family together, and we have a wonderful reason to celebrate. Everyone can meet Altira so she can be fully welcomed into the family, and roasting the kills over a bonfire will make quite a nice supper. Imagine all the children playing while us grown-ups catch up."

"That sounds like a splendid idea, mother." Nerissa turned to Altira with a smile, "Would that be alright or is it too much? Everyone really does want to meet you, and honestly we just love any excuse to gather the whole family together. Years ago, before I was born it was common that whole packs lived together in a single, large den. I almost wish that we all did now."

Zane

Altira quickly found herself entranced by watching Talia's hands, watching how she cooked. It was something she occasionally had done back home. Already she noticed a difference she couldn't quite place. Certainly both the cooks at her manor and Talia were quite efficient, but there was just something so fundamentally different about the way they cooked. Talia's hands were precise and tender, she made the chefs of her family home look utilitarian in practice.

She felt the light weight settle onto her pants leg, and only just managed to snag the waist of Raff's pants before it fell off her waist, where it had been hanging precariously loose. Without really taking her eyes off Talia, she squat down and scooped up the little boy, cradling the tyke against her hips like she'd seen Ciel and Amaya do with Ciel's sons whenever they came to visit. She gave him a curious glance, unsure if Joseph would start to fuss as little kids often did whenever new people tried to hold them. A slight twinge pulled at her chest as she realized she'd never gotten to hold Ciel's sons without them fussing.

It was only when Nerissa spoke that she pulled her eyes away from the small boy in her arms, "I don't see why that would be a problem. The more the merrier, right?" In truth, Altira didn't know exactly what she'd agreed to, she hadn't been listening, she'd been focusing on Joseph and the memories and realizations of her past that kept poking at her.

Zero

Joseph immediately settled when Altira lifted him to rest on her hip. The young boy clung to her shoulder with his free arm and continued to suck on the fingers of his other hand contently as he looked up at his aunt with childish curiosity.

Nerissa looked at this display and smiled warmly, very happy to see her son feeling so safe and secure with their newest family member. Of course she had expected it would be so. It was still nice to see.

"Oh how wonderful. We'll set it up for a week or so from now. Everyone will be so happy, and they'll all adore you. You're such a good mate for Raff. I can already tell." It wasn't as if Luna would curse her poor brother with a bad mate! "Just remember to be firm with him and keep him in line. If he gives you too much trouble come to me and mother and we'll help you straighten him right out. Us women have to stick together, after all. The males are such dumb brutes sometimes."

Zane

Okay, she needed to stop spacing out. What was 'it' exactly? Well, she had a week or so to find out. Altira shifts her hold on Joseph ever so slightly, making very sure that her borrowed pants won't fall by accident. "I think I may be able to handle that, I grew up with four older brothers after all, but I'll absolutely seek you both out if I need help." And despite showing much confidence, she knew she'd be coming to them a lot.

She was once again reminded of how she never could have predicted this particular path her life had taken. A year ago, she'd met and been a potential bride for the high lord! And now.. now she was at the precipice of an adventure far greater than the heroic romances she used to read with her sisters. The realization brought a smile to her lips. It was a genuine smile too, not one that she was putting on to ease Raff or Talia.

She had escaped her fate of being married- sold off to a lord for political gain, being forced to bare him heirs without a certainty that she would even be cherished. She could finally have the adventure she had always dreamed of. Probably. Perhaps she was getting ahead of herself, but this new line of reasoning was so liberating, to finally have broken free of the fate befallen a nobless.

"Not a whit.. we defy augury.." Altira spoke the remembered line of verse to herself, her grin broadening as she realized just how much this meant to her.

Speaking of impending fates, her eyes darted up to make contact with Nerissa's "Is it alright that I'm holding your son? If I'm holding him still when I first meet Cortland?" Altira remembered halfway through speaking that Nerissa was an alpha, and that she shouldn't maintain eye contact. Her eyes lowered, focusing instead on the taller woman's mouth. That'd be a tough habit to break. "I don't want to step on any toes... or should I say tails?" she quirked the corner of her mouth up, hoping to smother her small blunder with a bit of levity.

Zero

"Be sure that you do, my brother's a good wolf, but he's thick and stubborn as the rest of the males." Nerissa said with a soft snort. It seemed to be an ingrained trait of male wolves to be stupidly possessive, aggressive, and stubborn. On the plus side, she didn't think her new sister was going to have too much trouble keeping Raff in line.

Both of the women looked at her curiously as she began speaking, to them, cryptically. They knew of no verses or quotes like that. Wolves didn't generally have as much exposure to human things quite like that. Even Talia, who was born human, had been a poor one.

The next questions were much easier. Talia smiled softly at Altira and shook her head. "You are his aunt, you are always welcome to hold him. Or any of the children. Don't be surprised if they seek you out, not just to meet you out of curiosity, but for any and all reasons. You smell like their uncle, who they know is an adult they can count on to always care for and protect them. You're as much family to them now as he is."

"But you should give him to me for now, Courtland won't mind that you've been holding him, but for the proper first greeting you shouldn't have a baby on your hip." Nerissa chuckled, rising from her chair and moving to her side, holding her hands out for her son. "The men are coming. We should go greet them now."

Raff was large in his hybrid form, but Courtland was massive next to him, and covered in jet black fur as they came sauntering from the woods to stand before the house.

Zane

Altira handed her nephew back to his mom, then quietly followed the two women outside. Squinting slightly as she stepped into the early evening light for the first time that day. She was admittedly a bit nervous meeting Cortland, he was the Alpha Male after all, what if did something wrong, and was cast out. Altira thought she had remembered reading that somewhere- wolf packs will cast out detrimental members to preserve the survival of the whole. The irony that she was now worried about being sent away when just that morning she was been worried about being forced to stay wasn't lost on her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to get her head on straight. With a slow exhale, her eyes opened- and there they were.

Altira involuntarily looked to Raff first, it was only then that she realized just how much taller than her he was. In that form, Raff dwarfed the nobless. She had probably looked like a child in his arm as he brought her home the night before. But looking over to Cortland, she couldn't help but gawk. Cortland was taller than two of her! Altira felt very small- glancing between the two males, but what she didn't feel was fear, and the nervousness from just a moment prior had melted away.

Remembering what Talia had told her, Altira bent at the waist, bowing deeply towards Cortland, she introduced herself. "I am Altira." and after the briefest of pauses- added, "Raff's mate."

Zero

Raff's attention was wholly focused on Altira the moment his mate appeared from the den. He felt his heart pick up a beat or two as she looked to him and he gave her a wolfish grin that he hoped was encouraging. There wasn't a single worry or doubt in him that his mate would not be accepted completely by his pack, the family would adore her as much as he did. His mother already seemed to very much like her.

And why not? She was wonderful.

Every pair of eyes were drawn between Altira and Cortland as the alpha looked down at the tiny woman in front of him. His brown eyes roamed over the new female appraisingly as she bowed respectfully to him and he let out a rumbling chuckle at her introduction. Beside him he head Raff grow softly and he rumbled louder as he cast his eyes to his beta that immediately stopped growling.

The much larger black wolf rolled his eyes with a smirk – newly mated pups and their possessive protectiveness. Cortland leaned down, drawing in a deep breath as he took in Altira's scent. He could smell his son faintly on her, which pleased him, but far more prominent was the scent of Raff, his new pack member was thoroughly saturated in the other male's scent and he let out a soft chuckle. It was a good omen that the human woman even allowed her wolf mate to mark her so.

Ignoring the fact that Raff was growling again, the huge black hybrid placed a hand gently on Altira's head. "I am Cortland, and it is good to finally meet you. As the alpha of this pack I welcome you to our family, Altira, now please go hug your mate before I have to scruff him."

Raff stopped growling, managing to look sheepish as Cortland's hand fell away from Altira and the black beast stepped towards his own mate, Nerissa moved quickly into her mate's arms as he lifted her up and buried his nose against her neck, inhaling deeply and somehow looking more relaxed almost immediately.

Zane

Gods above, Cortland's hand on her head completely covered the back of her head. She had no doubt that if the massive alpha had desired, he could have crushed her head in a single hand, no more difficult than crushing an egg. Altira idly wondered how any humans had ever managed to kill a werewolf. Looking at Cortland, it just didn't seem possible.

Doing as instructed, she moved into her mate, sliding her arms around him and burying her face in his chest and breathing deep. It was interesting. Cortland made Altira feel unassailable, like no harm could befall her or anyone else when Cortland was around, but Raff made her feel truly safe a knot of tension between her shoulders relaxing as she breathed him in, as his arms wound around her. She wondered if that's how other members of this pack felt about Cortland compared to their own mate.

Her own mate. She took another deep breath of him and tightened her arms around him. And yet again, she wondered why any part of her had wanted to rebel against this. Fuck it, fate had seen fit to deliver her from the dreadful fate of being the bride to some nameless fucking lord, she was practically living in a fairy tale. This was already much better than what her father had intended. Time to commit to it.

"I'm sorry I freaked out earlier Raff. This is just a lot to take in over the course of a day. But I think I've worked through the bulk of it. I'm not going to cry anymore." She made this proclamation quietly, practically talking into his chest, she was hoping that he'd be the only one to hear it, but she couldn't be sure, she wasn't yet used to a werewolf's sense of hearing.