Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dangerous Games of the Occult [Raevyn]

Started by Jounin64, September 10, 2015, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

"Hmmm so if I do this then...." Alphonse pours a strange elixir on his sword while studying another book from his library. An electrical charge flows through his blade. "Ah yes! Time to add this to my inventory."

A loud knock echoes through his home. "I swear to Ansgar if this is another mordecai i am taking both their hands this time!" Alphonse mutters as he opened the door with a smile. An armor clad solider stood adamant from the other end.

"Alphonse Everin?" The solider bellowed.

"Yes...how may I assist?" Alphonse responds as coyly as possible.

"There has been rumors of you harboring illegal merchandise."

"Well those are lies."

"That's a shame...I need a way to advance in the ranks."

Alphonse looks suspiciously around then pulls the man in. "Do you want an enhancer or something to take your rivals down a notch? Or are you on the riskier side and want something magic based?"

The solider glances around nervously at the mention of magic. "Uh..um I think an enhancer will do just fine...preferably for strength."

"One strength enhancer coming up." Alphonse leaves for a minute into his laboratory and returns with a tonic. "Drink this and you will have the strength of twenty bears...only for a mere 100 gold."

The solider pays him and scurries off. "These people are always so stupid, they never realize that the enhancers are magic based. Oh well it's better business and their execution isn't my problem."

Raevyn

"By the Ancestors, Ret! Be careful!" Zaramay hissed, jumping back as the big, black feline knocks over her mug; which knocked into the container holding her runes and cards, scattering all. Grumbling to herself, Zaramay bent down to gather her scrying tools, only to yank back her hands as if they were burned. "I didn't ask anything..of..." her voice tapered off, her sea-green eyes widened in annoyance, and fear. She crouched down, waiving her hand over the mixed runes and cards; a faraway look entered her eyes, and her voice echoed through out the small grotto, "A man, who deals in the darkest of magics and with those that are hazy in the Fates' eyes..." the sensation of a rough tongue, moving across her cheek, has Zaramay regaining her senses. She blinked a few times, and glanced over at her feline companion, "The Fates have shown our next path".

Several days later, Zaramay stood in front of a door, the runes burning in her hand as she tried to see away that she could walk away; the aura rolling off this place, had her sick to her stomach. With a sigh of resignation, she raised a trembling hand, and knocked on the door.

Jounin64

"So if I set you free then you can get me more supplies?" Alphonse question a minor demon that he summoned.

"Yes that would be the arrangement." Alphonse dispels the bind and the demon flees through the door leaving it open. Alphonse's new supplies appeared before him, he then noticed a woman standing at the door.

"You there!" he yells to her "You saw nothing unless you want your tongue ripped out! I haven't done that in months and have been itching to do it again."

Raevyn

Zaramay swayed as the demon passed her, her stomach threatening to lose it's contents, as she tried to ignore the evil aura all around this place. Ret growled at the man threatening Zaramay, his fur raised on his back, as his claws slowly unsheathed and stirred up the dirt.

Wrinkling her nose, Zaramay glanced over at the man, "I don't see how you can associate with them, the stench.." she shivered and silently begged her stomach not to revolt, "Especially the stench it leaves on you and all you touch, how do you even associate with other people"

Jounin64

"Stench? I rather pride myself on my hygiene...its bad for the skin if you leave others blood on you." A smug smile then curls up in his face.

"Ahh your a mage then most likely one who practices primal magic if you can smell the dark magic on me. I assume your here to buy something or kill me...I recommend buying something."

Raevyn

"Buy something? From you?" she laughed mirthlessly, "No matter how many cleansing ceremonies I would perform, your stench would cling to it" Shuddering, she started to back away, not taking her eyes off the man before her, "I don't care what the Fates demand. I can not be work with someone who reeks. Come Ret" she snapped her fingers and the black feline reluctantly made his way to her. "Just forget that I was ever here"

Jounin64

The door suddenly shuts before she could leave. "I don't think so, you see anyone who threatens me....does not leave unscathed." A menacing grin forms on his face. "I did you warn you that you should've bought something. You see in this house I'm completely in control."

He starts making two summoning circles and twin demons spawn from them. "Meet Fear and Terror, the first demons I've ever summoned and my personal house security."

Raevyn

She squeaks as the door slams behind her, and the man before her summons his demons; Ret resumes his protective guard  in front of Zaramay, as she looks from the demons to the man in front of her, fear causing her eyes to grow wide.  With a shaking hands, she quickly draws some symbols in the area, causing brambles to grow in a circle around her. Once they appear, she unsheathes two long daggers from their hiding places on her person.

"I am not here to harm you, nor to buy anything from you...I was sent, well you wouldn't believe me if I told you who sent me..but I mean you no harm.."

Jounin64

Alphonse had the demons circle her. "Yes, you just want to talk to the crazy black market dealer with no intention of business or harm. Give me a reason...a very good reason to why I shouldn't make you leave with multiple scars."

He advances to her and draws his sword, pointing it close enough to skim her throat as he gives off a wide toothy grin.

Raevyn

The runes grow hot, where they sit in a pouch around her neck, as a far away look enters her eyes; her grip loosens on her daggers, and they clatter to the ground. Sweat beads along her forehead, as the crystals under her eye turn a violent crimson. Her lip curls as she looks through the demon summoner, and her voice is filled with disgust and hate, "The Fates have decided that your Duke must die"

Jounin64

His grin became less maniacal as the demons disappear and he sheathes his sword. "Well why didn't you tell me that earlier. Any enemy of the Duke is an ally of mine...now let's see how do you suggest we torture him."

Raevyn

"T-t-torture?...Who said anything about torture? The Fates only wish him dead!" Zaramay stammered, bending down to pick up her daggers, and hide them in a blur of movement. Ret lays down at her feet, and begins to nonchalantly clean his claws; clearly making a show of cleaning his two inch long claws, one eye trained on the demon summoner as he does so. "And you believe me? Most people, when they hear that the Fates have commanded something, tend to think I am crazy and treat me as such"

Jounin64

Alphonse snaps his fingers and two chairs float in. He sits down and motions her to follow suit. "Crazy? Hmmmm...I don't take you for that type, you are so unlike me."

He rests a cheek on his fist and chuckles. "I could care less by your reasoning, your end goal is the same and that is all that matters. As for torture...he'll never learn if he dies swiftly."

Raevyn

Zaramay quirks an eyebrow as she takes a seat, "Why would he need to learn anything? According to the Fates, he has committed many atrocities, and his punishment is death. From the little the Fates have shown me, he doesn't seem the sort to learn any lesson, he doesn't wish to learn"

Opening her satchel, she digs through it muttering under her breath, as she is wont to do, and withdraws a pair of mismatched cups and a bottle of some shimmering liquid. "Would you like some?" she asks as she holds out the bottle for him to inspect, "It's a drink, that my kin hoard...it's almost tradition to drink some when you are coming to some sort of an accord, with new and old acquaintances alike"

Jounin64

"Hm? Do you think just because my mind isn't quite here means my wit isn't either? just met you and you are offering me a mysterious drink."

Alphonse casually casually causes some household items to shake. "Remember in this house I have complete control."

Raevyn

First a look of confusion, then shock, crosses Zaramay's face, as she realizes that her host would think she was offering him something that would be detrimental to his health. "This drink is made of some perfectly safe berries and herbs. The alcohol content, is so low that it couldn't even get you tipsied,"she stows one of the cups back into her satchel, and pours herself a small cup of the shimmering liquid. She takes a sip, her blue-green eyes trained upon Alphonse, "Besides, even with all you have done, the Fates believe you still have some worth in this world,"

Jounin64

(OOc: Sorry I've been really bust lately I'll try to respond more frequently)

"Oh you flatter me, I am really starting to like this fates thing, it actually sees my use in the world." Alphonse takes a cup and pours himself some of the drink. "Cheers  to a prosperous alliance."

Raevyn

((OOC It's okay. I understand. Life is busy))

"The Fates' see a use for everyone, whether it be through their death or through actions still open to the living," Zaramay smirked, as she stirred the shimmering liquid with one grey finger; her silvery nail glistening as the liquid slides off. The Fates did indeed have a use for everyone, and apparently hers was to travel the land, tell stories and fortunes, and battle the occasional evil entity.

"So...why deal with demons?" Zaramay asked, as she poured herself another cup

Jounin64

One of Alphonse's eyebrows arch up giving her a quizzical look "Why? Why not should be the proper question. What most demons want is freedom so as long as you free them on this realm they'll give you what you want. What they do to others is not my problem."