Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Seaside Shenanigans (OPEN)

Started by Yvhv, September 11, 2015, 02:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yvhv

in the glimmering rise of the sun, her great shadow covered the ocean beneath her, and the strokes of her wings carried her ever higher above the clouds. Her black scales seemed to glimmer in the light, and the hues of green and gold on them made her look as if she were adorned in beautiful gems and strings of gold. As she continued to climb, she angled herself farther out over the ocean, to where the sandy beaches where barely visible in the distance.

Sensing she was just high enough, her wings folded in, and she turned and twisted her body, allowing herself to plummet like a great dragon arrow, resisting the urge to spread her wings and stop her quick descent. She fell ever faster, her focus trained and fixed on the water's surface.

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two..one!

Were the thoughts going through her mind, the one being thought with all her might as she collided with the water, and plummeted into the depths of the ocean, and then using her momentum and wings to rise back to the surface. Once she resurfaced, she let loose a chortle that shook the water around her, and changed her form to that of a white hair with green tipped woman, of olive complexion, with what seemed to be scaled clothes (these were her actual scales) covering her discrete regions. she floated on her back for a while, taking int he warmth of the sun and the cool of the ocean, the movement of the waves, and the motions of fish beneath the water.
A loud growl from her stomach let her know, that the fish below were now lunch. Changing back into her dragonic form, seemingly in an instant, she took a breath to fill her air bladder within her chest for going underwater and made the descent. The fish she found at first were all only big enough to feed a human family of at least 5. These were not enough, So she dove deeper, down into the  realm of fish the size of sheep and smaller cattle, and ate what she could find.

Her efforts however, attracted the attention of other things that were hungry for a meal. Sharks the size of large carts that ahd ot be pulled by many oxen, soon descended upon her, and decided she was food. Much to their dismay, she outsized them and with some trouble on account of their speed, eventually they too were eaten. It was then that she realized, her air bladder was straining, and that she had almost run out of air. So, with haste she made for the surface. But her air supply had grown thin, and her efforts became strained, her muscles and movements heavy and sluggish, and her vision began to blur. She had gone too deep, and hadnt accounted for the strain her efforts had put on her air supply. But those were the very leastof her problems now, because now a sea serpent the same size as her was chasing her as she struggled to escape the depths. It's Blue scales and underbelly that changed with the light int he water, had allowed it to hide from her, and a high resistance to arcane magic had hid it from her wards.

shite shite shite!!! i dont want to die like this! eaten by a sea serpent! Go away you damned blighter!

She thought to herself, and at the sea serpent. As she did, she unwittingly launched a psionic attack against the creature, which stunned it just long enough for her to escape. Once she reached the surface, she took a large gasping breath and forced herself into the air, and rose above the sea just as the sea serpent rose its head to grab at her. NOW that she was in the air and out of reach, Viha roared in anger at the creature, and with a swoop and a fair amount of rage, released a jet of black, green, and golden fire from her maw and singed the serpentine beast , causing it to screech in agony. As it writhed in pain, Viha swooped down again, and caught the creature's slender body below the head and dug her razor sharp curved teeth into its flesh, and fell into the water, the creature's neck in her maw, writhing to escape. But the more it tried to escape, ever more did it seal its own demise, as her flesh tearing teeth tore into its body and eventually allowed her a fatal bite which killed the creature.

Erupting once again from the water victoriously, Viha let loose a roar that carried into the skies and the the water around her, and she took the creature's dead carcass to the shore, not caring who saw, and began to eat it, her instincts of self preservation and sense of power taking over, spilling the blood of the serpent onto the beach, which now ran red with the creature's vital flow seeping from the corpse as she ate.

SilmeriaElemred

From, actually not that far off a distance, an elf was sitting on a rock. His feet in the water and a white dire wolf where he rested against whilest tuning his lapharp. He had seen the dragonic creature enter the watery depts. And had wondered how how long indeed it could stay under.

Right now, not sure if having to feel disgusted or be in awe he saw her feed.

Being his type of moonelf, eating anything from an animal or wearing anything that had come of one was considered a sin since all life was sacred. But that did not mean they disagreed on other people or creatures doing so. It was the way life was after all.

He finished tuning another string and his wolf yawned calmly. Although had one eye open watching the dragon. After all. The moonelf was his friend and owner, and would protect him if needed.

Finding the other string still good, Zahrea started to sing and play.

''This tale about a creature fair, yet probably feared by many.
Black scales with green and gold and by the wind carried
She descended from the sky as gracefull as can be
Diving in the blue ocean deep, turning in a lady.
One nearly to fair to behold by any mortals eye,
before she became a dragon again and slayed a seaserpent who was less... mighty...''

it was not much and maybe the text as he made it up as he went was horrible, at the least his voice sounded very calm, and soothing

Yvhv

Viha heard the singing of a wonderful voice as she ravenously consumed the flesh of the sea serpent, refilling her lost stores of energy. When she finished she waded into the water again and cleansed herself of the gore and blood, and transformed into her favorite form. This form was a combination of her blood-lines. She stood at least seven feet tall, and her wing span was almost triple her height. Her tail became six feet in length, and the spike on the tip of the tail glimmered, being bleached white, and looking like a blade of a very sharp sword.

She had horns that curved from the top of her head, and swooped down past her cheeks, and they too were glistneing and white. Her body was covered in the same scales as before, only now they seemed to glow with a faint demonic energy. In fact, a demonic energy seemed to radiate from her, alongside the energy of a dragon. Her claws where white, just as her horns and tail spike, and her teeth when she smiled, where like daggers, but serrated and curved. she walked on two legs in this form, (digigrade) and yet her body moved gracefully like a normal two legged being. instead of being unclothed when she transformed, she was wearing a black tunic and black pants, and the moisture from the water was wicked away by magic. as she walked towards the stranger, she shrank to the height of six feet, three inches and once she was arms length from the musician she spoke with a strange accent, a bit of dragon speech and demon tongue breaking through as she spoke.

"the verses were a nice try. but i the instrumentals are beautiful. tell me, why serenade a dragon, if she could possibly take a bite out of you" she said this with a toothy grin and reached out with a single claw and traced it gently across the musician's face. "you are a looker though. " she then pulls her hand away and sets her hands in her lap. "so, what is your name?"

SilmeriaElemred

''My name, fair dragonic lady. Is Zahrea. A moonelf as it may. And along with my friend Sora here...'' the direwolf tilted his head and was merely calm because his owner was. It did not mean the creature was not on guard though. ''...I travel night and day. And regarding thee taking a nibble of me I'll say. If you wished death upon me, would thee not have done so yet? I could be wrong because we've just met. But thee does not seem to be. The type to play with her food like this. Would I be wrong which is nothing new, I fear I will not be anymore, then a toothpick for thee, dragon fair.'' he still had this strange melodic sound in his voice. And he did not seem fearfull. Well. Surely his heart beat a little faster. And his senses were sharped.

''If it is my place to ask, is there a name I could call thee by'' his voice was now normal speaking voice though that did not mean it was not pleasant to listen to.

Yvhv

Viha listened to the elf curiously. his voice was ever melodious and seemed light hearted at first, and then took a turn to normalcy, but still sounded....unnatural to her. She looked at his wolf companion with a single glance, and then back at him, then smiled to herself. Which name would she give him? She had many names, in many tongues, but all were hers, and were proper. She contemplated each tongue she knew, and each name she had in each in tongue, and then sighed and twitched her tail.

"My name in the man-tongue is Viha. In the tongue of the high elves, my name is Aebrith-Nel, which is star chaser.and in dwarvish my name is Gorta Mór, the great plague....that one is because in my younger days i may have....delighted.... myself to the dwarves' livestock."

She gave these names in earnest, hoping those would suffice.She did not want to give anymore of her names to someone she didnt yet fully trust or know, for names are powerful things, and in some ranges of the wide world, names are the most powerful thing one can ever know,

SilmeriaElemred

''I see. Thee has many names I hear. Unless another is prefered, would but a mere Moonelf such as myself be permitted to call thee Lady Viha?'' Zahrea asked as he got on his feet and bowed.

Sora looked at her owner before burrying her head beneath the paws. Either shame regarding her owners actions or to block out the sun to resume her little nap.

Yvhv

Viha released a small chuckle and her tail flicked in the sand to skewer a crab scuttling by, which she then raised up between them and summoned a small wisp of demon flame to a finger and quickly cooked the small morsel and placed it in front of the wolf and then looked back to the elf.

"im not a lady. at least not yet. i plan to be, hopefully a member of the Serenian nobility.Maybe even join the military after obtaining noble and become an officer. its either that, or i will retake the black dragon flight, and revive the other flight-wings to what they were, and free those dragons in adela being used as lowly steeds by those barbaric Adelans. There is also the strong possibility of myself taking over my father's position as an Archon in...let's just say a demon controlled place."

She solicitited a glance back to Sora and in  tongue of the wild said "So, wild one, why do you walk with the elf? i thought wolves cherished freedom and strength"

SilmeriaElemred

''Still free to go wherever I please I mind you.'' The wolf replied. Not caring Zahrea could not understand it. Sora sniffed at the presented food and ate it. As loudly as he possibly could. ''Besides... MoonElves are amusing and spiritual folk. Good friends for life. You might like them. Not as food though...'' she yawned again. ''They are great for bellyrubbings.''

Zahrea pondered in the meantime over Viha's words. ''The lady is ambitious I can tell.'' Zahrea said calmly. Not a single hint of judgement Viha would most likely have received from humans. ''Not yet have I seen the dragons in Adela. I heard they befriend humans, elves and many more creatures alike. But whatever you wish to do, hopefully I will live through those days and make songs of your progress. I do not mind the old ones but... making new songs about those who live in these days. I would like to do that.''

''Be carefull what you wish for friend...'' Sora said and shook her head. ''Allow me to show you.'' she said before pushing her nose against Zahrea's arm and rolled on her back after giving him a gentle playful bite.

''Oh you want one of those again.'' Zahrea said with a chuckle and started to roughly pet the direwolf who clearly enjoyed it.

Yvhv

Viha watched the two interact, the belly rub and playful bite and the smiles exchanged between the two. At first, a smile was on her face, but that smile quickly became a frown, and she began to look sorrowful and distant. Old memories played in her mind. Joyful laughs, playful sparring matches, debaucheries at far flung taverns in distant lands, and lastly, the warm touch of a hand, caressing her own. For a few minutes, she was stuck completely in the past, and her psionic abilities got away from her, and tried to spread these memories to those around her.

She fell to her hands and knees as she felt the memories flow like a river, and as each one passed, her countance changed with the primary emotion of each memory. From pain to sorry to joy to agony and elation. Hundreds of years of memories flowing from her were cast into the air between her mind and the mind of the elf and wolf. If they saw or not she did not know, but a memory came up that caused her to cry out verbally in elvish "Please don't take them from me!"

She began to cry as the memory began to unfold. A female wild elf*, standing taller than most usual elves, (six feet) was holding a black scaled demon horned infant, that had elvish ears and with dragon wings. Around the she elf, and viha (from viha's point of view) there was a company of 120 elvish warriors, archers, and spellcasters. The she elf was looking for a wayt o escape the throng, while trying to hide the infant. Viha had summoned her armor and halberd and was preparing to attack. The she elf shook her head, and stepped into the throng, and viha cried out with the same phrase of "dont take them from me!!"

A light flashed, a scream, and then the elf, the infant, and the entire host was gone, and via was left alone, on her knees, crying. Just as she was now. She hoped the other two hadnt seen her memories, hadnt seen seen her shameful inabilitiy to fight for those she cared for. It was then that a rage filled her and her eyes began to turn cold, yet burning with rage, and her scales quickly began to become harder, thicker, and a green flame flickered in her mouth. A well of hatred seemed to be pouring from her, as well as sorrow and pain. her claws scraped the ground, and tail slammed the sand behind her to one side. She was shaking. She was on the verge of losing control to the wild dragon and the demon inside herself.

[*Wild Elves are a Species or sub species of elves similiar to sylvan elves, except that they have no heirarchy, are always ont he move, and are more in touch with their primal wild side than any other elf species. they are in some cases a bit bigger than the normal elf, and are the best of all elvish athletes, and among their msot fierce warriors. The magic they wield is wild, unruly and so powerful they were banished by the other elves much before the drow were banished, for their tendencies to do as their instincts want and desire.

SilmeriaElemred

((Thank you for the info))

Zahrea, despite being a moonelf and a young one at that, did notice quickly something was wrong. He saw everything although it did not nessesarily meant he understood the situation. Still he could conclude that Viha had lost something really important to her. Well. She refered to them so there were more infants taken?

He had stopped what he was doing the moment he noticed something was wrong with Viha and despite Sora barked to warn him not to, Zahrea though with caution approached Viha and cupped her face. His touch was gentle but real. Which was what was important now.

He had not ever fully trained his mental abilities. Only his illusion magic. Rarely had he entered a mind. But it was day. And sunlight would boost his power a little. He whispered a little prayer to Solos before he slowly started to allow calm thoughts into Viha's head, accompanied with words. He did not invade memories but sought very carefully for what would calm Viha down and translated that to illusions of his making which started to fill their surroundings.

The illusions were not only visual though. Scents and sounds could be mimicked too

Remarkably though he did not tell her things were going to be alright. All he told her was where they were now and wherever Viha was she had to return to where they were now.

Yvhv

Viha Saw the illusions and heard the voices, the scents entered her nostrils and her eyes glazed over. What she saw that calmed her, brought tears to her eyes as well. The flames in her maw died, and the hatred and pain and anger subsided, and alll that was left was a somber, crying Viha whom wasnow trembling from her episode. her chest heaved as she slowly began to control her breathing and tried to stop her shaking.

"I-guess you-want an explanation?" she said between her sobs and breaths. Eyeing the two partners, Viha allowed herself to fall onto her side and then rolled on her back, and looked up at the sun. She lay her hands on stomach, and took a deep shuddering breath.

"Maybe-It's time....for me to quit being strong for once....and be weak for a change."

SilmeriaElemred

''Allow me to be blunt.'' Zahrea said calmly and sat down near Viha, placing her head on his lap.

'He does that.'' Sora said calmly, joining them.

''Also you do not owe me anything. If you do not wish to explain, you do not have to but... if you need someone to listen, I will listen to every word and not interupt until you are done. Heck. I will even brew tea if you want a cup''

Yvhv

Viha nodded. "Tea....i was never one for tea....But, she..She made me like it. sure. tea. as long as it has sweet berries and honey in it, i would like tea."

She took a deep breath, and looked up at Zahrea, and sighed.

"When i was younger, by an entire century, i had set myself on a journey across the land and into unknown regions. Rather than fly and make the business easier, i decided to go on foot. I first traveled from this spot here, and went into Connloath. It was just as afraid of magic and the strange then as it is now. It was dangerous, exciting, and interesting. After that, i decided to head as far north as possible into the frozen wastes. As i traveled there, i came across a She-Elf of the Wild. She had fierce, Scarlet eyes, with golden pupils; Flowing black hair that shone beautifully in any light, and a fire in her eyes that seemed like it could scorch the sun with just a glance."

As she described the elf female, one possibly could detect a hint of not only admiration, but of affection, and want. She gave a hefty sigh after the description and her tail twitched slightly.

"She had the fiercest countenance i had ever seen of an elf, and she was built like a seasoned soldier. She carried an axe that even the storngest of dwarves or men would've had to had a pair to lift, and she wore a suit of hide armor, made from the scales of a green dragon. Which in my eyes was just fine; because green dragons are envious, boastful, and sickeningly arrogant creatures, and you can take that to the tradesman for much gold. But, that is a minor trifle. She glared at me, and i at her, for a time until she finally spoke."

'This is my land, dragon! and i'll have your bloody head mounted on a spit before you can try to bewitch me with your magic!'

"were the first words she ever spoke to me. I thought it odd that she could tell i was a dragon. Thena gain, after leaving Connloath, i may ahve let my scales show a bit. Nevertheless i was surprised to hear an elf speak in such a way to a dragon."

She looked up and smiled. "no offense. but most elves ive experienced have some sort of strange reverence for dragons. and it gets rather...off putting and annoying when they try to pay respects. so you can imagine my surprise at her words. Well, not one ot walk away from a challenge, i drew my longsword and said "then come on with it knife ears! Ive always wanted  an elvish servant."

she paused and chuckled. "again, no offense."

"Well, we clashed blades. My sword against her axe, in a battle that i had not had in over two centuries. At last i had found myself at odds with a real foe, whom fought without chivalry and restraint. Who fought with all her fury and might against me, and was not aligned to some code or had to follow orders. she was fighting merely to fight for survival. As was i, and it was beautiful. Our fight hewed trees, burnt the ground- because she had magic and i my fire. Our strikes shook the ground beneath our feet and made snow fall from the sparse few trees there were. Neither of us would give way, neither would yield or admit defeat. We fought until our muscles ached, our breaths heavy, and our bodies weakened from such a duel."

'You are a worthy foe. And also, not without your looks, She drake. What is the name of such an equal adversary that i have met?' She had said to me"

"What is yours, She-elf that fights like a dragon? reveal yours to me and i shall reveal you mine."

she sighed and paused for a moment. "That tea sounds very good right now. i think i require some to continue my story."

SilmeriaElemred

The moonelf nodded and gently relocated Viha's head before he got on his feet. Built a fire, and emptied a watersack in a pot which he would then heat.

Various small paper bags with dried tea, and a small jar of honey were retrieved from his back. ''Red berries for you... vanilla cocoa for me.'' he said calmly.

Sora released a soft growl.

''Sorry Sora... we're out of meat... we will hunt together later.'' Zahrea replied. His kin was against killing but it was unavoidable with a friend dire wolf. He occasionally helped the wolf with hunting since she seemed to enjoy doing it together. But he only made the kill if he knew it could be done swiftly with as little pain for the creature as possible. Also he made sure to actually use all of the creature; from fur to bones. It still made him feel uneasy but it belonged to the kind of respect he had for his furry friend.

Yvhv

Viha looked over at Sora "there is an entire sea serpent over there, and it may go to waste. Im going to eat the rest of it but you are welcome to some of it. It tastes like...well a little like sheep. But a little saltier."

She watched the moon elf make the tea. Tea. Her partner  had always insisted that she try it, add sugar to it or different berries. But Viha liked her tea simple. Just leaves and berries,and occasionally honey. She sat there and thought about this, and about the first time she had ever drank tea with her.

SilmeriaElemred

''Fair enough. If you don't mind, I will dig in.'' Sora said with what seemed a grin and trottled towards the seaserpent. Not considdering manners and started to eat.. It was not half bad.

''There we go.'' Zahrea said calmly as he held out a large cup of tea with a calm serene smile. Viha's tea had a strange warm color. Deep pink, almost red from the berries. ''I do not know how much honey you like though. You may need to do that yourself.''

His own tea had the scent of chocolate and vanilla. It's color a warm brown.

Yvhv

Viha smiled as she watched Sora begin to consume the sea serpent's flesh, and then nodded to the elf and took the tea from him, and quietly took a  sip and sighed happily. This was the flavor of home. The taste of the paste that comforted her, and made her feel safe. with a single breath, she released a puff of smoke and smiled.

"You make tea almost as well as she did.....almost as well. Let's see...where was i? Oh yes, the names. Well, i decided i would go first, since how she wouldnt answer me outright and gave me the death stare to end them all. So i told her my name is Viha Wise Claw! Daughter of Elxerca Wise Claw, and Anzinor The Shadow! and that made her blink, and give me a look of wonder, as if she knew one or both of my parent's names from somewhere, maybe an old legend. Then she looked at me with those eyes of hers and said slowly and firmly: ""My name is Eirwen Llinos, The Banished."

Viha used this dramatic moment to take another sip of her tea and chuckle. "and from that moment, we proceeded to fight again, because once exchanging names, we had both seemingly decided that we would test one another to our limits and see not only whose strength was greater, but whose name would be victorious. The fighting lasted until the sun set again, and rose again. when the first ray of the sun rose and struck our blades, we both went for the killing blow, for we had grown tired of the extended fight and wanted it to end. When that ray of light shone on us, and we both swung, we both found ourselves with wards keeping the strike at bay, both going for a decapitation. FOr some reason, that was the moment that started our relationship, which was started with-well just say lots of snow got melted."

She smiled as she said this last part, and sipped more tea. "But you want to know what happened that caused my breakdown. well....let me paraphrase it by saying that a bunch of purist High Elves, with their high and mighty nature and their floating cities and stupid air of arrogance, decided they were going to...to...stamp..out..my family..." Her voice took a sad turn and she sobbed softly. "They sent Eirwen to their city of Les'narad, a floating city of magic that hides behind spells that not even a dragon can break. and they...killed my babies. My sweet innocent babies.....But i got them back hundreds of times over. I felled 10 of their cities, decimated their population to nothing in those cities and with great spells i learned from their libraries, made their cities turn to dust. And those that werent int he cities when i destroyed them, i hunted them, hunted them for 2 centuries. each one i found, i made them tell me of a city, and then i went to that city, and destroyed it. I had vowed to paint the world with their blood, the blood of all High Elven kind,for the blood of my innocent babies. They had started a war, and i was going to finish it...until i realized that what i was doing was wrong. Killing those that had no hand in the events that played out that day, and annhilating them wasnt going to bring my babies back...or bring honor to their death. But i had given into the ways of the black dragon, of my mother.

Unlike other dragons that mourn the killing of their young first, then spread their rage unto the world, we black dragons take a different approach. We kill those we think responisble, and we wipe them from the world, every last trace and speck fo their existence, extinguished. Red dragons may be known for their anger, but we black dragons, are known for our relentless vengance and rage when our young are hurt or taken from us. Hence why few other dragons dare to raid our nests. At any rate, i realized i was not doing the right thing by my little ones. so i stopped the killing, and instead began to attack their minds, trying to find their dreaded prison where my love was being kept. i eventually found out that the city teleports across the land high int he sky every day in order to keep it safe, and it doesnt follow any pattern. So, ive been searching since then, and when i can, i try to rest and relax, and try to.....let go of my hatred for them. but it is hard. Very hard indeed."

SilmeriaElemred

''I'm sorry for your losses.'' Zahrea said calmly. He pondered for a moment though. ''You know... my... race of Moonelves share a close bond with our God Solos, and Goddess Lunaria. If... you wish... I can help you find that prison. After all. Moonlight and Sunlight does reach that thing. I'm a second born so... maybe I can do something about that magic of theirs.''

Sora had returned, her white fur not being so white as before anymore.
''And he of course offers that. Moonelves do not kill. Unless he is really... really convinced they should not breathe the very air that others do... idiot... thinks he can offer this just because he channeled Solos' power twice...''

Yvhv

Viha had to hold back a baneful snort and comment. But her eyes spoke the words for her. She didnt place much stock in any gods, not even the gods of dragons and demons. And, why wopuld she trust the gods of elves? But she did not speak . Instead she thought. She considered. Then, after a few minutes, she decided on the right words.

"Your offer is accepted. However, there is an issue. Sora says you will not kill unless you are sure they deserve to die. That, we cannot have. If you help me, if you assist me, the High elves will try to kill you, and Sora. It will be merciless, it will be swift, and it will be relentless. They will not hesitate or show you mercy, just because you are an elf. To them, the only elves that matter are other high elves. So if you are seriously considering helping me, bring that into consideration. Also, i place no trust in the gods. Not the gods of dragons, and least of all of elves. But if you truly think your gods will help, then go right ahead and beseech them for help. Pray to them, make sacrifices, do whatever it is you do to get their help."

Sitting down after walking towards Sora and playfully batting at her with her tail. "It will not be simple or easy, and more likely than not you will come out of this with possibly a few scars, and seeped int he scent of elvish blood. "

SilmeriaElemred

''Let's see... they killed children. That works for me as a reason. Also. I've kind off always been a rebel.'' he said with a wink. ''Also. I'm an elf and you seem to trust me. Or better said I have not ended as a meal yet. Also, sacrifices, no. That is not how it works...'' he said his cheeks seemingly haven gotten red. ''I will be right back.''

He started to disrobe.

Sora laughed. ''It's effects are worse with women of their race but... they need to be in such a state that they are basicly almost sexually aroused. With men, it is the strongest in sunlight with women, moonlight. Water seems to amplify that power a lot'' she explained. ''Hence I think Zahrea is hilarious along with his other kind. Most elves are rather... well against open sexuality but not moonelves.''