Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shattered mirrors, frozen blood. [M]

Started by Medievarad, September 28, 2015, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

It was cold. Even the heretic king thought it was so dreadingly cold. Then again, the loving embrace of the void he had felt once too many in his past was even infinitly colder. Just the thought made him shudder. Reminded him just why he followed his religion. And slew all people that stood in his way.

A thick fur cloak flakkered in the icy winds that blew through him. Freezing him to the core of his bones. Yet again, he trudged onwards. A village within his sight. He would rest there. Burning it down was an idea most unwise. Yet, people would most likely recognize the scourge that he was.

A problem he would solve soon as he walked up to the village.

CrystalRose

Cecelia's breath formed an icy mist in front of her as she walked through the snow. Her cheeks and nose were tinged pink with the cold. She wrapped her cloak tighter around herself, cursing the weather for being particularly awful that day. Just my luck, she thought. It has to be freezing outside the day I go out to the market.

She left her home behind her as she went deeper into the village. Accustomed to the snow, her boots barely made a sound as she traveled.

Today can't get any worse.

Medievarad

Limadan walked through the small streets of the village. The center would be the wisest place to start looking for an inn. People evaded him. Took some distance and dropped whatever they were doing as the massive ment clad in enchanted armour passed through. Nervous whispers and fearful words were uttered. Small prayers murmured asking whatever deity for protection. An aura ofbpure entroy surrounded him.

Yet a woman walked infront of him. A woman of young age. Was her stupidity caused by a lack of experience or just sheer ignorance? It was an odd yet refreshing change of pace. Somone who did not cower in his approach.

CrystalRose

Cecelia narrowed her eyes in confusion. The townsfolk were casting fearful glances in her direction, scurrying away and shutting their windows. Although she carried an unfriendly atmosphere around her, people had never reacted this way before. It can't be me. The woman bit the inside of her lip and dared to look behind her.

I suppose today can get worse...

No more than ten feet away from her was a massive man, covered from head to toe in sleek, metal armor. The foreboding atmosphere around him was enough to freeze her veins into rivers of ice. However, she was too stubborn to give anyone the satisfaction of quivering in fear.

So she held her head up high and kept on walking towards the marketplace.

Medievarad

Absolutely intruiging. A small smile played underneath the heretic king's mask. He had no effort to catch up with the woman, moving with great and mighty strides. The ever dreadful presence drawing near Cecelia. A mighty voice resounded. Deep. Dark and filled with enourmous authority. The command was simple. "Halt." Was said by the juggernaut. And only a fool would disobey him.

CrystalRose

Cecelia eyed the man warily, taking a few rebellious steps after the command was issued. Then, she stopped, knowing full well that he could probably knock her off her feet with one hit. What could he possibly want with me? she wondered. She wasn't well known; she had no money. With a dangerous amount of confidence, the woman placed her hands on her hips and addressed the hulking form in front of her.

"What is it that you want?"

Medievarad

A low snarl left the man. She certainly was courageous. Though. Courage often mingled with stupidity. And this seemed the case. "Do explain.." He started, followed by a slow chuckle. "How do you muster this courage infront of me?" It certainly was becoming more and more interesting. He knew next to nothing about this woman's capabilities. But she sure had some guts. And that was something of importance aswell.

CrystalRose

When the man chuckled, a crippling chill went down her spine. She swallowed her fear and refused to back down in front of him.

"You haven't killed me yet," she replied, refusing to look away. Her arms were shaking slightly. She gripped the cloth of her cloak, forcing them to stop. "If you wanted me dead, I have a feeling I wouldn't be standing here right now. You want something else, yet you haven't even answered my own question yet."

Medievarad

Limadan looked down at her hands. Not the subtlest of movements escaping him. "If you were killed.. You would not be able to gather any courage.. And yet. You toil life on the edge.. For what? Honour? Stubborness?"

He chuckled again. More and more people hastily leaving the streets. "What I want from you? You intruige me. A mere curiousity."

He smirked underneath the mask. "Have you ever heard Harmaa's teachings?"

CrystalRose

"No, I haven't," Cecelia said, wondering what in the world could possibly be intriguing about her. She lived in a solitary shop in a solitary village in a solitary country that was only known for being cold and harsh. What business could the man possibly have here? In an attempt to calm her nerves, the woman ran a hand through her pale blonde hair, keeping the stray strands away from her face.

The more she stood there, the more unease she felt.

"I have to leave; I need to get to the market before everyone runs away," she said hastily, breaking her stubbornness and turning to walk away.

Medievarad

A low snarl left the enourmous man. Yet, he decide to not punish her for her insolence. Quite the intruiging character. He just stared down the small figure. Before she turned around and left. Her resolve shattering.

Like everyone else. "And persue this dull life? Have an unmeaningful existence and be forgotten in the weave of time?" Limadan shook his head. Pathetic. He didn't even need to hear her answer. Not interested anymore.He noticed an inn on his right and entered.

CrystalRose

(Prepare yourself for a long part ;-;)

Cecelia glanced back just as the man had entered the inn, her eyebrows furrowing. Why is he here in the first place? To be honest, she hadn't expected him to let her go so easily. If he hadn't killed her, than what else could he possibly want? He never answered her question. The woman shook her head, rubbing her hands together to ease her nerves and ward off the cold.

She soon approached the marketplace, not at all surprised that it was nearly deserted. A single, middle aged man stood at his stall, eyeing her warily as she walked up to him. He wrinkled his fat nose in disgust.

"You think I'll still sell you my wares, girl? After you just spoke to the Heretic King?" he spat. Cecelia felt a surge of anger go through her veins as she narrowed her eyes at him. Like I had a choice in the matter! However, before she could utter a retort, the shopkeeper added, "You're probably a heretic yourself, aren't you?"

"Listen here, you old-"

"Threats aren't going to change my mind," he said, glaring at her. He slammed his meaty hands on the stall table and snarled, "And if you don't leave right now, I'm going to get the guards to arrest you. I don't think you'll like prison much, girl." Cecelia took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. Before she could do anything she'd regret, she grit her teeth and walked away. It's all that Heretic King's fault. And if I can't get supplies from the market....well...I have no other choice than to confront him.

With an amount of boldness only stupidity could provide, the woman began to trudge towards the inn.

Medievarad

There seemed to be some commotion in the inn. Louder than usual. All of a sudden, the door was blasted from it's hinges, a corpse flying out. A shortsword stuck through his gut. The trail of blood followed the corpse as it smacked against the wall.

Enter Heretic King. The massive man stepped out of the inn. Blood covering his clothes. People seemed to back away. Yet guards or security were nowhere to be seen. A smirk curled on Limadan's lips. He was feared to the extent that even the peacekeepers remained at least five meters away from him. He put his foot down on the corpse, his hand closing around the hilt of the shortsword. Pulling it slowly from the man's gut. "Fool." He merely stated, wiping the blood of the blade on the dead man's clothes, before sheathing it and going to return back to the inn. As if nothing had happened.

CrystalRose

Cecelia approached the inn, watching in horror and...slight amusement as the man kicked away a corpse as if it were a mere stone in his path. But I do not have a choice to back down. If I do not approach him, I will be without supplies for longer than I can survive. The woman took a deep breath, running up to where the man was about to enter the inn. Her heart seemed to freeze in her chest in fear as she boldly grabbed the arm of the massive juggernaut. The metal was cold under her fingertips, an unpleasant chill running down her spine.

She couldn't help but feel she had made an awful mistake.

Medievarad

A hand on his armor. Something he would've shrugged off, probably even give a backhand to anyone who was insolent enough to dare touch him. Yet, he did not. His curiousity got the better of him as he turned to Cecelia. "You seek revenge?" He merely asked, his hand notioning at the corpse in the corner idly. As if it was the most normal of things.

CrystalRose

"No," Cecelia replied simply, her jaw setting in determination. "I am seeking...your aid, I suppose. Since you spoke to me, the only shopkeeper who dares show his face with you around...he denies me his wares. Because of you, I cannot get the supplies I need to run my shop and earn money." She paused, eyeing the man carefully. "They say...that I may be a heretic as well."

The very word caused a feeling to settle in her gut. The feeling was unpleasant...yet mildly exciting. It was definitely an interesting title.

Medievarad

"My aid?" A dark chuckle resounded from behind the mask. "If someone does not give you what you desire, you take it," he simply stated, "a knife to throat usually does the trick." He said, shrugging slowly. Before she said the word heretic, causing him to turn to Cecelia.

"Do you imply I am a heretic?" His voice was cold, yet burning rage was still heard.

CrystalRose

"Everyone in this town surely thinks so," the woman said, crossing her arms over her chest. "And it would be unwise to commit murder and steal. I would surely be arrested, and then no one would get what they want. However..." She eyed the metallic juggernaut. "...No one seems intent on arresting you. Why is that?"

Medievarad

"Then perhaps I should destroy everything that breathes.." He said to himself, contemplating. He saw the woman folding her arms as if scolding a child. The disrespect. He more felt like snapping her nek right there. But the heretic king kept his composure. "They simply can't."  Was what he stated, so bluntly. So matter-of-factly.

CrystalRose

"How? How could you possibly stop all of the guards in this town?" Cecelia asked, intrigued. The woman wasn't going to lie to herself; the very thought of being that powerful made her adrenaline run. The dark, cracked part of her mind was drawn in. She took a small step closer. "Are you truly that powerful?"