Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shattered mirrors, frozen blood. [M]

Started by Medievarad, September 28, 2015, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"They fear me.." A smirk formed on his lips, behind the mask. He raised his hand, met by a loud and tormented scream as a soul rose from the fresh corpse, bound by dark green chains. The soul got warped, pulled to his raised hand and dissappearing in the palm of his hand. Reforming as a small green orb. "Because their fallen comrades will fight them.."

CrystalRose

The woman's brown eyes widened both in wonder and in fear. That amount of power demanded respect, and she bowed her head slightly. It's no wonder the townspeople scattered when they saw him, or why they call him a heretic... She looked back up at the man and squared her shoulders.

"Teach me," she said, the bold words coming out of her mouth before she could stop them. The chaotic part of her mind craved this sort of magic.

Medievarad

"Teach you." He looked down on Cecelia. Was this some kind of bad joke? He shook his head. Letting out a slow chuckle. "Why would I? Why would I grant knowledge to those that do not believe?" He closed his fist around the soul. "You will serve me.. Fool.." He murmured to himself as the green orb in his hand dissappeared, becoming a part of his undead army.

CrystalRose

"How can you judge my faith in something I am not yet aware of?" she asked. She furrowed her eyebrows, studying him carefully. She was irritated at him for laughing at her. However, she knew that she had to be patient for once. "Tell me what you believe in; then we'll see whether I agree with you or not. Fair enough?"

Medievarad

"What I believe in?" He sighed slowly. "They're called the teachings of Harmaa." He said as he looked down on the elf, dwarfing her with his own size. "They are very clear. Seek power at any cost. Destroy all those in your way. Offer your kills up to the lady of grey." He chuckled again. "That is how she will grant you more power. If you win her favour."

CrystalRose

"That certainly sounds more fulfilling than the life I've had so far," she muttered, her jaw clenching. Did she want power? Yes. Did she want revenge on the town that hated and neglected her? Of course. The more she thought about it, the more her sadistic nature agreed with it. Her lips curled into a small grin.

A small part of her told her to stop.

But she didn't.

"Let me join you, then."

Medievarad

"Good." He nodded. "I am staying here for the night." He said as he walked back in. "You'd want to join me in my room. Since you'll probably be targeted for having this talk with me." The Heretic King was met with distrustful looks and frightened gazes as he stepped in. Yet, no one seemed to make any kind of move towards him.

"I protect those that chose to join me," was what he said to Cecelia.

CrystalRose

The woman nodded absentmindedly and walked in behind the juggernaut. While she was a bit intimidated at the thought of sharing a room with him, she understood that it was necessary. Her magic was strong, but not nearly strong enough to fight off anyone who wanted to kill her.

The man's words surprised her. He definitely didn't seem to be the protective type, especially for those who he had just met. However, Cecelia had no choice but to trust him on the matter.

And so she followed him in silence.

Medievarad

Limadan walked through the inn, up the stairs to the room he had rented. He opened the door, walking in. It was a small room. Only one bed and a small nightstand. It seemed a very bland room. Not a backpack or anything of the giant to be seen.

"I do not need sleep." He stated with a sigh, sitting down in the corner. "Name."

CrystalRose

"Cecelia Dyrn," she replied, tentatively sitting on the edge of the bed. She looked around the room, but could see nothing of the man's possessions. The woman looked back to him curiously. "Yours?" While she found it odd that he didn't need sleep, she didn't ask about it. But while she slept...what would he be doing? Would he just sit there and watch? Or go out and kill and get more blood on his hands?

Medievarad

"Limadan of Harmaa." He merely replied dryly. He didn't make an effort or a move to even pull off his armor, wearing it as a second, steel skin.

CrystalRose

Cecelia wanted to ask more questions, but decided against it. It was a miracle that she wasn't dead, or back at home living a dull life. She didn't care that she'd be looked down upon for being with Limadan. The woman was used to it by now. Ever since that accident three years ago... She shook her head, banishing the memory.

With nothing else to do, she laid down upon the bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Medievarad

"Tomorrow, we move onwards. The journey will be harsh." He said, looking over to Cecelia. "And so will be your trials. Be ready to hide your face," was what he noted.

CrystalRose

"Where will we go?" she asked quietly. As she lay there, her long, light hair splayed around her on the blanket. Her brown eyes stared blankly in front of her as she pondered the consequences of the day's choices. Was I right in following this man? Someone I know nothing about?

In her mind waged a war between her neutral good and chaotic evil.

(I s'pose being partially insane causes multiple personalities in Cecelia. I hope that's okay ;-;)

Medievarad

(not nescessarily. But, that's okay if you wanna put it on your toon ^^)

"We will seek others." He took a deep breath, standing up again, a knocking on the door. He put his hand on the know with a slow sigh.

CrystalRose

Cecelia sat up, wondering who could possibly want to visit the juggernaut. Her mind was on the alert. It could possibly an enemy, someone who'd want to kill them. ...Or just the person who owns the inn...

(I'm just playing around with her personality and mental state. Her character wasn't very well developed when I thought of her)

Medievarad

He opened the door swiftly, sidestepping as a young man with a dagger stumbled in. A sloppy attack. The young man's face was twisted in anger, stained with tears. A swift kick to the back of his knee forced him to take a knee. The giant twisted his arm, breaking it and placing the dagger against his throat.

"This one is yours. Finish him."

CrystalRose

Cecelia nodded, activating her ice magic. Her eyes darkened from brown to black, then faded to white as the temperature in the room dropped drastically. She approached the kneeling man. He looked up at her in fear and anguish, no doubt searching for revenge for his friend. But sometimes vengeance is never achieved,,,

A quick, almost painless death should be satisfactory.

Cecelia placed her hand on the man's chest, freezing his heart and shattering it.

Medievarad

"Good." He said as he opened the door again, throwing the young man out of his room nonchalantly. "That should prove a warning."

CrystalRose

"Do you think they'll come back during the night?" Cecelia asked, eyeing the door warily as she stood to her feet. She was a very heavy sleeper; she'd be knocked out cold.