Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shattered mirrors, frozen blood. [M]

Started by Medievarad, September 28, 2015, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Mayhaps.." He let out a slow chuckle. "As such is the reason why I do not need sleep." He said as he sat down against the wall again, facing the door. "If they are stupid enough, that is."

CrystalRose

"You'd be surprised at the stupidity you can find in this tundra," Cecelia muttered, laying down on the bed once again. She closed her eyes for a few moments, breathing deeply. Killing the man would've traumatized her if it was the first time she had drained the life from someone.

It wasn't the first time she had frozen someone's heart.

Medievarad

"Would I now?" The man snickered a bit. "Seems like this isn't the first time you choked the life out of someone."

CrystalRose

The woman's eyes shot open, the blood draining from her face. I didn't mean to.... Although it was a mistake, she couldn't deny that she had enjoyed it. She swallowed thickly and pursed her lips. When she spoke, her voice was ice cold.

"This is not something I wish to talk about, Limadan," she said. It pained her to know that no matter how hard she tried, she'd never be free of her mistake.

Medievarad

Only a slow chuckle left the enourmous brute. "No. Do not weep. Rejoice." He said, looking towards Cecelia. "Killing will make you stronger." He pulled the enourmous blade from his back, resting it on his lap. "And you will become addicted.."

CrystalRose

"It is not the fact that I killed that upsets me," she replied quietly, folding her hands on her stomach as she lay. "It is the person. There is one person I killed that I can never forgive myself for." Although she was pained for that one instance, the thought of being addicted to killing was somewhat satisfactory. And she would be stronger as well.

Medievarad

"Whom. And why?" He asked, his curiousity piqued once more. "And forgive.." He chuckled slowly. "It is foolish to think you'd have to forgive yourself. I merely know I am beyond redemption already.."

CrystalRose

"Holding a grudge against myself is not good for my mind," she said, refusing to answer his earlier questions. She simply closed her eyes once more, hoping to fall asleep. She'd be able to let go of her mind and life for the moment. She'd be able to rest.

Medievarad

Silence dawned upon the room. He could press the woman for the answers, but, his curiousity had dissipated as soon as it had appeared. Not interesting to persue it further. Yet he arched an eyebrow, regarding her from a distance.

She still was hesitant in her actions.

She had to be broken.

CrystalRose

Cecelia embraced the fogginess that enveloped her mind, falling into a deep sleep. The room seemed to disappear, along with the man sitting on the floor. Her mistake was pushed to the back of her brain.

For now, she was alright.

Medievarad

And so, time ticked by, the juggernaut just seething in the corner, watching the door. Not a moment escaping his vigilance. The night slowly passed, sunrise soon dawning.

And when Cecelia would wake up, there'd be two mangled and bloody corpses on the floor, in a puddle of their own dried blood. Limadan was still sat in the corner. As if he didn't even move a muscle.

CrystalRose

As early morning came, Cecelia felt herself being drawn back from the depths of slumber. She groaned, wishing she could hold on to her last moments of sleep. The woman soon sat up as her eyes were adjusting to the dim light in the room. As she looked around, she was startled to see two corpses on the ground, their dried blood surrounding them. Two thoughts arose in her mind. First of all, I am one heck of a heavy sleeper. Second of all...

"You couldn't have cleaned up a little?" she mumbled, still a bit grumpy, as it was still early in the morning.

Medievarad

"Complaints?" He looked up at the woman, an eyebrow arching underneath the mask. "I can have their jobs finished and rip your guts out right here." He said, the same cold and emotionless voice resounding from behind his mask.

CrystalRose

"But didn't you say you'd protect those that join you?" she asked, challenging him with her gaze. And if he rips my guts out, that would make even more of a mess...

Medievarad

"Respect goes a long way.." He said, merely followed by a dark chuckle. "And there's your result," he gestured at the two corpses on the floor.

CrystalRose

Cecelia glanced at the corpses once again, a thought entering her mind. He did protect me while I was dead asleep... The woman was a bit prideful, but she muttered a quick, "Thank you," followed by a loud cough. She looked away from the juggernaut and sighed.

Medievarad

And she recieved a mere snarl in return. "Now. We shall move on." Limadan stood up again, sheathing the enourmous blade and opening the door. The hallway and stairs only littered with more corpses and dried blood as he walked through, trusting Cecelia was still following.

CrystalRose

The woman walked silently behind him, trying not to trip over the corpses that decorated the inn. Living in the tundra, she was used to seeing dead bodies. A lot of people died from a lot of different causes. Starvation, hypothermia, and being mauled by the animals were just a few situations that took people to their graves.

Medievarad

As he stepped out, he looked around. A mob of angry peasants surrounding the two. Some of them even trained guards. "Intruiging." Was what the giant uttered. Being outnumbered at least twenty to two.

He glanced at Cecelia. "What do we do? Submit or fight?"

CrystalRose

"We fight," the woman replied simply. She didn't see how Limadan could possibly submit to a crowd this small. She had to learn to trust him with her life, and now was a better time than ever.