Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shattered mirrors, frozen blood. [M]

Started by Medievarad, September 28, 2015, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Good choice.." With a loud sheen, the giant pulled the enourmous blade from his back. "All at once!" His voice thickened by deep bloodthirst. The crowd closed in on the two, charging forward with a loud and infuriated cry. There were numbrous. There was no way they were going to lose.

Yet, said determination immediatly dissappeared as already three of the crowd had lost their lives within the first seconds. And Limadan seemed to only get warmed up.

CrystalRose

Cecelia surged forward, her eyes fading to a ghostly white as frozen daggers appeared in her hands. She thrust them into the chests of their opponents and watched as their bleeding bodies fell to the ground. A memory struck her mind when she saw how their blood seeped into the fresh snow below them. This isn't the time to think about-

She sidestepped a blade just as it bit into the flesh of her arm. The woman grit her teeth and froze and shattered the heart of the one who gave her the injury.

Medievarad

Limadan turned around, surging forward and pulling Cecelia back by her collar, surging forward with a mighty sweep that caused more than one fatality. The sound of flesh ripping and bones shattering only caused the brute to become more relentless in his attacks, a walking tank that took all the blows send at him. Yet, he didn't care in the least, the pain even seemed to just fuel him further.

CrystalRose

Cecelia ignored her own cut as she formed more weapons out of ice. She sent arrows towards hearts and cracked open heads with frozen maces. The more she killed, the easier she found it to be. It was so easy to forget that these people had families to support and jobs to go to. And the only person I ever loved is dead, anyways...

And so she barely noticed the cuts, scrapes, and bruises she received as she annihilated as many of her enemies as she could.

Medievarad

And soon, the two stood amidst the massacre they caused. Limadan lifted the blade to his shoulder. He was completely drenched in blood. He raised his left arm, the souls of the fallen slowly ascending from their corpses, bound by dark green chains and tormented into the heretic king's will. A loud, manical laughter resounded as he slowly reaped the souls of the ones they had killed. "You belong to me!"

CrystalRose

Cecelia let out a shaky breath, looking down at all of the people they had killed. She felt adrenaline pump through her veins as she thought about the battle. It had gone by in such a blur, leaving her wounded and shaky.

But they were still alive.

And she had never felt so powerful before.

Medievarad

Limadan raised an eyebrow. One was still alive. A soul he couldn't reap. He looked around to see a peasant with a broken leg crawl away. "Do not kill him," he said to Cecelia as he walked over to the wounded man, grabbing him by his hair. With a sharp tug he dragged the survivor towards Cecelia.

Limadan threw the man down infront of Cecelia, pulling out his shortsword and stabbing it through the wounded man's hand. Pinning him to the ground. "Feed. Do not outright kill him."

CrystalRose

"Feed?" Cecelia asked, confused about what she was supposed to do. The first thing that came to mind was cannibalism, but she dearly hoped that that wasn't the case. I've already killed so many people today... While she didn't feel disgust, she did feel a small twinge of guilt for what she had done.

It's not my fault, she thought, trying to convince herself. They were foolish enough to attack us in the first place.

Medievarad

"Yes. Feed." He looked down at Cecelia, putting his foot down on the sword in the man's hand, causing a cry of pain. "Strength above all else. You need to survive to attain strength. And regular food will not always be present."

CrystalRose

Cecelia's stomach churned with unease, and she stared down at the man that was being pinned to the ground. She grimaced as she lowered herself down to his level and took out a frozen knife of her own. I have to do this. I have to... With one swift movement, she chopped off the man's hand, trying to ignore his screams of pain. Blood surged out of the wound and tainted the snow with red once again.

The woman brought the flesh up to her lips, still hesitant in what she was supposed to do.

Medievarad

He folded his arms, merely watching, not saying a word. The screams nor her hesitation seemed to change his resolute stance.

CrystalRose

Do it; eat the man's flesh right in front of his eyes... The sadistic part of her mind urged her to go forward. She swallowed thickly and opened her mouth, trying not to think about what she was about to do. It's necessary for power. Isn't that what you want? The woman bit down on the hand, resisting the urge to puke. However, she couldn't chew it for long before her gag reflex kicked in. Facing away from the juggernaut, she pulled her own hair back as she emptied the contents of her stomach onto the snow.

"I-I can't do it," she gasped, wiping her mouth in disgust. "I can't eat another human being!"

Medievarad

A low snarl left him as Cecelia threw up. He shook his head. "In time." He merely said, pulling the woman up straight again. "It requires a lot of hunger and desperation to get over it." He said with a cold and emotionless voice. Portraying nor dissappointment, nor consolation.

CrystalRose

Cecelia nodded, surprised that he did not yell or threaten or punish her. Instead, she wrapped her cloak tighter around herself and tried not to think about what she had almost done. I'll probably end up having to resort to cannibalism anyways. It's only a matter of time until my humanity is wiped away. But isn't that what I've wanted? She shook her head to clear her thoughts, hesitantly looking at the juggernaut.

"Are we going to leave the village now?" she asked.

Medievarad

"Yes. We leave." He said, before turning around, followed by the sway of his cloak, he walked away from the massacre. "We will find others. We will become numbrous and force Harmaa upon the world.."

CrystalRose

The woman followed him wordlessly as he led her away from the bloody scene. As much as she wanted to, she didn't look back. It was all behind them now. She decided to venture and ask another question, if only to get her mind off of the day's events.

"Do you have a specific place in mind where we will go first?"

Medievarad

"Wherever the lady of grey wills us to go." He replied idly as he trudged through the snow. Slowly, snowflakes descended upon the pair, slow at first, but it seemed to intensify. Soon enough, they were in a snowstorm, visibility limited to only several meters.

"Remain close! Step into my footsteps!" His enourmous voice thundered above the winds loudly as the heretic king trudged through the storm as if nothing was happening. Providing a lot of cover of the elements for the smaller Cecelia.

CrystalRose

Cecelia stumbled a few times as she got used to the rhythm of the man's steps, making sure not to fall or be swept away by the winds. She noticed how dwarfed she was compared to him. While he strode calmly in his outer shell of armor, the woman found it somewhat difficult to navigate through the harsh cold. She hadn't traveled much throughout her life.

Especially not after what happened a few years ago.

But now, she found herself shivering and pulling her cloak tighter around herself.

Medievarad

The giant stopped in his tracks, turning to look at Cecelia. With a slow and clean rip, his own fur cloak was pulled from his back, as he held it out to the woman. "You're no use when you're frozen." He merely stated, offering the fur to her. The sheer size of it would be enough to completely cover Cecelia.

CrystalRose

She nodded, taking the fur and wrapping it around herself. It was massive on her, and she was soon enveloped in warmth.

"Thank you," she said quietly. Living in the tundra for all of her life, she felt somewhat weak for not being able to withstand the cold. I suppose I didn't leave the alchemy lab too often...