Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You can see with more than your eyes

Started by Parkway, October 01, 2015, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

@Deli

More walking! Findilwen needed to sleep in a bed tonight.  She was exhausted.  How long has it been since she last had?  Too long!  She passed multiple people milling about the market area she imagined them as queens, rooks and knights alongside kings strolling among the cobblestone.  A smile came to Fin's lips at the fantasy she created for each.  She walked towards the inn and once she entered she began to let her mind wonder again imagining black and white smooth stone beneath her feet, an endless sea of enjoyment awaited.

What would I be in the imaginary world? She presumed a pawn, one to jump into the fray to be sacrificed. An ugly duckling, one to waddle to the end of the board to become whatever she pleased. The smile which graced her lips bloomed into a wild mirthful grin; that was a nice thought. To be what you wish.

"Hmm." Her boot pushed off the wooden floorboard, one tanned boot stepping before the other. The satchel again beginning it's rhythmic chant against her upper back. Right let's see who'll get on with me and not. A few freakishly tall males had wandered in. How did people find that attractive? They were simply brick upon brick, cement layered between to act as icing upon a cake. One which didn't earn any kudos with dear Fin. Oh we have some drop-dead gorgeous bar wenches. Approaching one of the tables she happened to notice one of the tall males; Fin was immediately drawn to a his face. He was standing near the tables, he looked to be in the process of picking just the right one to settle down at.  Her jeweled jade eyes widening, a soft sheen swimming before them. Shit! He's cute! She had yet to find someone who could draw her attention like this.

Fin noted his attire, the wild grin from earlier lingering as she came to a sudden halt. She almost bounced on her heels as she turned her head upward to look the 'wall' in the eyes.

"G'day to you Sir, has anyone ever mentioned you're tall." Mirth flavoured her voice, a playful undertone in her eyes. Her knees bent, as she sprung up one hand rising as if to compare her level to his whilst she jumped. Hardly making the mark. Yet, as if fate wished to say something on her descent her bag with an extra helping hand from gravity moved into her upper back. It making her stiffen somewhat. "Ah, that served me right for not introducing myself proper like." The words were accompanied by a symphony of laughter,  one which presented no ill intentions.

"Sorry, 'bout that just couldn't resist. I'm new here? Maybe you could be a wonderful samaritan and show me around." The smirk played about her lips, a teasing pause between her sentence as she bobbed her shoulders upwards. "Or, better yet. You could be a tease and show me all the wrong things to do – and the fun things. Like getting lost! A lot! Still happens to me." Another guffaw escaped her as she kept smiling, eyes shining as she attempted possibly fruitlessly to make conversation. If she didn't click with him, it didn't mean the end of the world after all. There were plenty of others to try and make conversation with. Possibly a few too many.  But this gent seemed the right combination to her and she wanted to know more!

Delentus

Why can't anything go right for once? That was the thought that kept running through Darius' mind as of late. He had nearly been caught by his past few targets' guards on more than one occasion. Hell, his last contract nearly caused him a few burns and maybe a missing finger or two. Perhaps he was losing his touch, or maybe he was becoming sloppy. He could even just be in some need of relaxation, he mused to himself as he walked into what he assumed was an inn.

The smell of alcohol, smoke, and food hit him as soon as he entered the doors. The constant sound of drunken conversations brought a strange sort of comfort as he made his way towards one of the tables. As he was just starting to settle in though a, what he was assuming young, elf walked up to him. Her behavior was more than peculiar, although he couldn't help but chuckle as she jumped up to make her point at him being tall. What really caught his attention though, was her offer.

"It's funny that you would mention that, I was just thinking to myself that I needed some sort of fun." he said as he leaned against the table. "But before I agree, I would like to know some more. Mainly, why should I take up your offer?"

Parkway

Now here he had her!  Why should he?  Crimsons, scarlet and multiple shades of rose spider-webbed her cheeks as she simply stood staring at him in bemused interest – and a smile on her lips at his lines. "Well, s'long as you don't ask me to dance you should take me up on my offer because, um...  Well you just should. The corners of her lips tugged further upward, her mood brightening some; if that were even possible.

So there she was with nothing to offer but her grin so she let it brighten the moment.  "I can do some tricks?  Like juggle!  But no dancing!  Absolutely no dancing!"  Her eyes twinkled and she flashed him another sunny expression.  "Sooooooo..." And she did drag to word out.  "Maybe you can teach me a trick or two?"  She shrugged her shoulders.  "I'dunno you seem to me as though you can teach me a trick or two...maybe?  No?  yes?"

Delentus

"Well I'm afraid I can't take you up on any offers until we at least become acquainted." he said with a slight bow. "My name is Darius Balugari, and what about you?"

Her questioning about him showing her a "trick or two" made him uncomfortable. He did well enough to keep any suspicion off his face, only showing a slight grin as he stood back up.

Perhaps she was just a silent witness of one of his contracts, swore vengeance upon him for some reason or another, it didn't matter to him though. If things went sour he would walk away, he always did.

Parkway

She bowed right back.  "It is a mouthful, Findilwen Lanthantinu.  But most just call me Fin."

He was studying her and Fin wasn't sure if she should run and hide or salt her flesh for tenderizing.  For a few minutes she was uncomfortable.  Maybe she offended him?  Whatever it was now she felt she overstepped herself.

She looked about the place and shrugged. Turning back to him there was a grin.  This made her reconsider.  Scurrying up courage she let her natural grin spread across her features.  "So now that we introduced ourselves may I sit with ya?   What I was really looking to find was someone who could lead me to a job.  I am good at finding stuff, pocurring things, and stuff of this nature."  She raised her eyebrows as her grin widened.

Delentus

( OOC: I totally thought I replied to this. I'm sorry.  xD )

"Hm, you sound like you're trying to get yourself in contact with the kind of people most stay away from." he said as he sat down. "And why would someone like you want to do that now? It isn't a very safe, or reliable way to make a living you know."

As he finished up the sentence, he stopped one of the tavern works and handed them a small pouch of gold. "Bring us a bottle of Serenian red, and something to eat."