Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Humble Beginnings [Whim]

Started by Jounin64, October 04, 2015, 12:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jounin64

Aliki gags at the smell and turns the branch to dust. "I see we have similar magics. I'm a geomancer, in other words I can control earth based items."

He stands at the foots steps of the church. Looking back to see his siblings play brought a smile from under his mask. He looks back towards the church. "Our next step is to present you to Zyra, follow me." Aliki then enters through the church doors. 

Whim

Ewan squinted as they stepped into the bamboo and reed church, constructed atop a much older stone room. It was a simple affair: a floor covered with grass and fur mats, bad backs hardly a consideration here. A maternal statue and altar were situated at the rear of the church; her hands resting on the shoulders of a crudely carved boy and girl.

The boy chewed his lip. He would never have been afraid of spirits, faeries, and gods before... but he could hardly defend himself now. His gaze flickered to Alik; hair scruffy and clothes tattered despite the bath.

"Do I need to do anything? Bring an offering or anything? I've done a few summonings before; I know etiquette's important and all..." his voice was small and uncertain.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

Jounin64

"There is no need to compensate our mother. As long as you're truly a child she will notice you. Just kneel before me and I will bring you to her. You will be traversed as if you are dreaming, but you'll need me because only a prophet can communicate with her."

Aliki did a small prayer facing the statue of Zyra, then turned around facing Ewan once more. "Oh and I hope you have a strong stomach this world isn't meant for non prophets."

Whim

"She seems awful... generous. Between geomancy and dream travel... it must be nice to be a prophet." Ewan murmured with a half-smile. He'd learn soon if they were the real thing. "Will we truly even be leaving your church?"

The boy kneeled uneasily beside Aliki. It felt awkward to kneel and bow his head in supplication, but he did it anyway, stealing the occasional peak at the statue and prophet.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

Jounin64

"Our bodies will remain here, but our minds shall travel afar into our mother's realm." Aliki puts both his palms together and begins chanting in a strange language. His eyes bare a white glow, he then touches Ewan's forehead and flash of light filled the church.

Aliki's eyes fluttered open and before him was a familiar environment. A grassy meadow shrouded with a magenta mist. Looking over he spots Ewan lying next to him. "How are you feeling?"   

Whim

Ewan felt the bristle of soft grass; the world was spinning. He struggled to sit up, but keeled over with a gasp. "I'm- I'm fine. Didn't expect dream travel to be so jarring," it was his old voice, a young man's and not a boy's. When he struggled to his feet Ewan stood a head taller than Aliki, who looked more like a kid in a costume than the dignified priest he recalled.

A cocky smile crossed Ewan's face. The whole affair was bound to offend his host, but he wasn't afraid. He felt like the sorcerer he'd ought to be. "I don't feel much different, but I suppose this is... my spirit, my dreamself, or my mental self-image or somesuch..."

The natural beauty of Zyra's realm was breathtaking. In all directions there was lush meadow and magenta mist. "Well, lead on kiddo. We'll get me, and your Haven, sorted out."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Jounin64

Aliki stood up and eyes Ewan with doubt. "Hmm this is not good...not good at all. Your spirit is one of an adult so you may not be able to even be acknowledged by our great mother."

Aliki puts his hand up to his mask in a ponderous position. "Hmm well i guess there is no harm in trying. Just follow me, if we get separated you'll be lost in here forever." With that Aliki started heading north.

Whim

"Always thought I was young at heart," Ewan cracked a smile. "If she means for me to help you, I'm sure she'll make an exception."

He followed Aliki north. It was a frightening thought you could be lost in her realm forever. Ewan thought it unbecoming of a goddess of youth and beauty, but held his tongue; offending her here wasn't a good idea!

"How'd you become her prophet?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Jounin64

The farther north they went, the more trees appeared to dot the the landscape. This continued until it became a forest of weeping willows. Within the forest the mist started becaoming a thick fog and Aliki had to rely on his memory to stay on path.

Upon hearing Ewan's question he sighed. "I became a prophet like how most do. I was chosen by her and she sent me a message from her realm." 

Whim

"I've never been much for the gods. Prophecy and theology aren't my forte. And it was you still chose to listen. Most kids I know are eager to grow up. You're a curiosity for certain," he smiled "Very sage, if I may, for someone keen on remaining twelve forever."

The fog was thickening. In his bones Ewan felt a growing eldritch presence. Was it her? He quickened his pace to keep up with the taciturn priest.

"So, what is this mist? You seem... frightened of it?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Jounin64

Aliki chuckled. "It was a calling that you don't ignore. As for my personality I must be a leader, but I can be funloving and youthful if I want, that is the beauty of eternal youth."

"As for the mist, it her power. It is the flowing free will of eternity, but confined here because she must restrain herself due to her maternity."   

Whim

"God to know you take time away from being a prophet to make silly faces in the mirror with the rest of your flock."

Ewan thought he saw figures playing in the fog, but chalked it up to imagination... It has hard to fathom a frivolous goddess of youth and children holding so much power. But then she was a goddess; her immortal followers bound to have a wealth of knowledge.

The duo continued through the eerie realm. It was all trees and flowers in bloom, eternal spring, without a whiff of artifice or man-made structure. "We've been walking a while. Are we near her? I'm sensing some sort of arcane power nearby..."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Jounin64

Aliki looks longingly in the distance. "Yes...we are quite close. The power that you are sensing is the loving arms of Zyra. There is hope after all..."

The trees began to disperse and circled around forming a grassy dead end with the shrine of Zyra bestowed in the middle. The mist seceded from the clearing and rays of sunshine peeked in. "Here we are." 

Whim

Ewan stared at the Zyra's statue, squinting through the fog as the overcast realm turned bright and sunny. The clearing was pretty but eerily still. There was no sign of the goddess.

"Should I be seeing her?" Ewan asked, uncertainly. She should be here. She needed him. It was a foolish thought but he had to hang onto whatever leverage he had. In this spirit-form it was easy to forget how meek and uncertain he felt in his real body. He had to get this right.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Jounin64

Aliki clasped his hands together and dropped to his knees. "Our great mother, is this the key you sent us? If so will you do your children the humble favor of bestowing your presences for us."

Whim

Ewan fell silent and exhaled sharply. Grateful the spirit hasn't ejected him.

As Aliki prayed the vegetation around the statue began to rustle. The vines began to weave themselves into a voluptuous, feminine form wreathed in flowers; simultaneously youthful and maternal. She reached out with a smile and tipped Aliki's heae back.

"The key is within your grasp, my son," she said warmly. "The sorcerer has the potential, but not the agency. Alas, you know as I do I have no power over him. Not for good and not for I'll."

She spoke like Ewan wasn't there. "Aren't you... A goddess?" The mage asked.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Jounin64

Zyra took one look at Ewan, then back to Aliki. "Tell the sorcerer that I can only talk to my prophets and that I am indeed a Goddess."

Aliki relayed this information to Ewan. He knew that this has become a gray area, if he wasn't a child of Zyra, but wasn't an adult to her, then where did Ewan stand?

Whim

"Tell Zyra that even if I see myself this way, I'm a head shorter and much rounder than you in the flesh," he cracked a bemused smile. "Surely there's a way she can give me the power to attempt the spell again - for the whole village?"

"Can't she somehow... transfer the power to me through you? I suppose its fair she doesn't condider me a true child... but that'd mean she'd not consider you proper children if I can work my spell on your village. And I am the key."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Jounin64

"I will try my my best, but I cannot guarantee results." Looking back to Zyra, Aliki asked if there is anything that she could do, but humbly respected if it was a no, for he did not want to be greedy.

"My Child, if you come back with a pink lotus, then I can grant you that power, but only for a short time." And with that Zyra vanished.

Aliki looked over to Ewan guessing that he was going to ask about the pink lotus. "Lotus' here are like treasures here for their serenity. The color of a lotus is the type of task that needs to be done, and pink is magic based tasks."

Whim

Ewan peered around the misty glade, half-expecting to be whisked into the waking world. "Is it here or in the waking world?" The fog on the edges of the sunny glade looked much more foreboding, and vast. An infinite haze of immortals' memories, wasn't it?

"Seems a simple task, unless its deep in the jungle or the fog. Ever done this sort of thnig before?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Tags: