Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Prisoners of Our Own Device (M)

Started by Lion, October 19, 2015, 11:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"I see," Baeon was quick to say.  He didn't want to hear anymore of it.  It wasn't that he was faint of heart, but details of such a thing happening to anyone was something difficult to hear.  He put a hand on her face.  To think she was robbed of life and of light made his heart go out to her, truly.  Nobody deserved that.  In the end, however, nobody could change the past.  It was all layered reality.

"So you married after you were changed?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Wild

Flavia smiled and silenced her tongue when she saw how the theme upset Baeon. She didn't want to give him more concern than he already had - especially when she was here trying to help him forget his problems at least for a while.

Resting her cheek against his hand, she caressed his hair gently and enjoyed his presence. Her brown orbs saddened when he asked if she married after she were changed.

"No," she replied gently. "I was married when I was sixteen years old. My father sold me like a piece of meat to increase his own wealth and gain powerful connections with my husband's parents.... So in fact I was married two years before I was changed."

There was a hurt undertone in her voice when she spoke. Flavia had never forgiven her father his betrayal: To drag her out of school to marry her off for profit. Sold, by the two people who weresupposed to love her unconditionally - trapped in a loveless marriage to a man who did anything to beat her senseless every time she showed any signs of intelligence.

Lion

"And what did your husband do when he discovered what had happened to you? I can't imagine your condition is an easy thing to hide," he muttered, leaning in to kiss her forehead.  He was content to comfort this lovely creature if he could.

"It's terrible that you can't find peace in your world.  But I guess that makes us two of a kind..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Wild

Flavia smiled sadly when Baeon asked what her husband did after discovering she had turned. "Well, he reacted just the way you could expect him to," she said. "He wasn't happy - but on the other hand - if he divorce me he will lose a yearly income of 30 000 gold. For every 10th year of our marriage that sum will double. He continues beating me though, and I notice I am still capable of feeling pain when he does..."

She snuggled closer to Baeon, nuzzling against him and kissing his cheek when he kissed her forehead.

"I am sorry you can't find peace in your world either," she said as she caressed his hair. "I hope I will be able to lift your spirits at least... And that I will be able to take your mind off your problems at least when you are with me..."

Lion

"What a foolish man, to squander gifts more precious than gold.  I could sit here and feel sorry for you, but that wouldn't help you," Baeon admitted.  "I only hope that what little moment we stole away in, you were able to forget your troubles.  Even if just for a time."

He smiled and sat up.  He moved over to his clothing, picking up something from his belt, a satchel, and moving back toward her.  He sat at the edge of the bed and opened the small sack, and within it, he pulled out a little figurine of a mounted rider on a horse.  It was a faceless figure, one that sat straight on the horse, a female from the apparent artist rendering, and he handed it to her.

"I found this on my way here to Serendipity.  I liked it enough to pay a few coins for it.  What do you think of it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Wild

Flavia smiled when Baeon admitted that it wouldn't help feeling sorry for her. It was still nice to know she had his sympathy. "I managed to forget my troubles for the time I was with you," she admitted with a smile. "I hope I was capable of helping you forgetting your problems also for a while..."

She smiled and watched him when he moved over to his clothing, picking up something from his satchel. When he returned to her side and opened the small sack, she admired the little figurine of a mounted rider of a horse.

"It is a very pretty figurine," she smiled. "You can tell from the details that the artist is good at what he does. I am quite certain this will become very valuable one day. So you did a good find."

Lion

"You can keep it if you'd like," Baeon said, smiling and pushing it into her hands.  "I like it.  But I wouldn't know what to do with it, or where to put it.  You look like someone who appreciates trinkets.  Perhaps you can find some use in it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: