Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A prodigal student [M]

Started by Medievarad, October 29, 2015, 01:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

He smirked, shaking his head. "Not at all. Why would I be?"

Rhindeer

"A lot of men have a tendency to underestimate women," Max said, blinking in the sunlight as they stepped outdoors. "You know, assume they'll be an inferior instructor and get all whiny about it. That's all."

Meeting his eyes, she flashed another grin. "Glad that ain't the case with you! I'd hate to have to knock that pretty head of yours around to prove a point."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Medievarad

"You're a fully trained mordecai chosen to be my mentor. I can't argue with those facts, if I even wanted to." He shrugged slowly. It was easy as that.

He chuckled slowly. "So I got a pretty head?" He smirked slowly. "You would.. Itht after you stop being scared shitless from my shifting."

Rhindeer

"I'm not scared!" Max said, sticking out her tongue. "Just startled! There's a difference! Anyway..."

Pausing out in the yard, she hooked her thumbs in her belt and stretched out her back, rolling her shoulders. She had pointedly ignored his comment about his prettiness. "I figure we can head into town for a nip of food. We got the day off today, so why not take advantage, eh?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Medievarad

"Sure there is." He grinned slowly, stopping in his tracks as Max did. "A day off? I haven't even started yet." He chuckled, nodding. "Sounds like a plan, lead the way, mentor." He said with the same faint grin.

Rhindeer

"You just had good timing, apparently," Max said. "But don't think you're getting the whole day off. I still plan on drilling ya, so don't get too comfortable."

And with a nod his way, she turned and lead the way, heading for the road that lead the short distance into town.

Medievarad

"Timing or luck." He chuckled slowly. "Not like I would mind it. I haven't seen a fully educated mordecai in action yet, so consider me eager." He said with a soft smirk, following Max down the road to town.

Rhindeer

"Oh, there'll be plenty of time for that. Don't you worry, poppet," Max said. "Just stay alert. I know I said we're off duty today, but you'll learn you're never really off duty. Especially as a Mordecai."

She cast a glance his way. "Surprisingly, a lot of people hate us."

Medievarad

"Poppet? Oh lord." He chuckled slowly. He was never going to get used to that one. "Well. I'm never unarmed." He said in reply, pocketing his hands. "They hate shapeshifters more. Believe me."

Rhindeer

"Er, yeah, you might want to keep that bit to yourself," Max said, turning to look at him, a slight frown on her lips. "Except during training--and when otherwise necessary, of course. People, um...well, let's just say if I wasn't a Mordecai, didn't know you were a Mordecai, and didn't know it was impossible for it to be magic, I'd think your ability witchcraft."

She looked back to the road, the town now in sight. They'd be there in just a few more minutes. "It's not really something you want to advertise."

Medievarad

"Naturally." He shrugged slowly. "I've already had such experiences with it. You don't need to tell me." He said. Feeling a tinge of anger of his ability being compared to witchcraft. But it was a polar opposite. But then again. Her words rung true.

"And I won't, no worries."

Rhindeer

"Good!" Max said, and clapped his shoulder. "Now relax, we're all friends here. Let's enjoy a couple hours out on the town before we gotta buckle down, eh?"

It'd be a good chance to get to know him, get him to open up a little. And besides, she wanted to enjoy some of her rare free time today--even if it meant dragging a newbie along with her!

Reaching town, she lead the way to market. "I dunno about you, but I'm craving sweets," she said.

Medievarad

"No worries. I am relaxed as can be." He chuckled at the smack of his shoulder. "But sounds good." He said as he followed down the market. "I'm not a picky eater.. So I don't care..  I am forced to pick quantity over quality." He grinned slowly.

Rhindeer

"Well, you get to pick quality today," Max said as they entered the busy marketplace, hawkers crying their wares and the rich scents of fresh baked bread and meats wafting on the air. She had to raise her voice to be heard over the ruckus; the place was nearing its peak in busyness the closer it got to noon.

"Seriously, my treat," she added as she pat the coin purse at her belt, hidden beneath her tunic. "Just pick whatever ya want. I mean, just 'cause you're not picky doesn't mean you don't got preferences, right?"

Medievarad

"I wouldn't know what to pick, y'know." He replied. His voice raised over the ruckus. His voice deep and loud nough to easily cross over the entire market place. "So surprise me. I'm just afraid ya'll end up broke." He showed a playful grin. "And I do got 'em. But. I'll leave it to your better judgement."

Rhindeer

"Oh, I see how it is," Max said, playfully jabbing him with her elbow. "Lazy ass. You're gonna make me do aaall the work! Well, I don't wanna hear no complaining when you're munching on pig snout and chicken feet."

Despite her words, she lead them not to the butchers selling their choice meats, but instead followed the scent of baked goods to her favorite baker, who was quite well-known for her pastries. "Hope you like sweets, because that's what you're gettin'."

Medievarad

"Huh. Do tell me." Artorias grinned as she jabbed her elbow at him. "That's just a benefit.." He snickered. "Been there. done that." He chuckled, some rather comical memories recollected. "Long story, I'll tell you one time." He stated, to stop any inquiries to it from now.

"No pig snout?" He asked with a faint chuckle as he followed Max, past the butchers, onto the bakers. "Hm. Sweets are a pretty nice change of pace." He grinned slowly. Not like he had a choice after forcing the woman to choose their dinner.

Rhindeer

"Please tell me ya can at least make a decision about sweets," Max said with a teasing look his way as they came to a stop before the baker's table, which was laden with fresh baked goods. There were all manner of things there, from honeycakes to cinnamon rolls to apple tarts and apple fritters and other sorts of sweet breads.

For herself, Max snatched up a cheese tart and looked over at Artorias with a raised eyebrow.

Medievarad

"Well. It kinda narrows down the choice." Artorias chuckled slowly, picking up a sweet, raisin bread. "Yeah. This'll do." He looked at Max, the loaf was pretty big comparing other loafs. "Yeah. I'm taking the whole loaf." He said, whether she'd ask or not, a shit eating grin on his face.

Rhindeer

She supposed this was her fault for not setting any limits. Max resisted the urge to pinch the bridge of her nose and stifled an exasperated sigh.

"Well played," she said, meeting his shit-eating grin with a wry smile of her own. She brought out her coin purse, asked the baker her price, and shook the proper amount of coins into her outstretched hand. "Next time, remind me to pick for you instead!"