Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Change of Scenery (Midnight)

Started by Wicked Basket, November 03, 2015, 07:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Attend to her personally? Alsake guessed that such a thing would involve following her around like he already has been doing so far anyway. Not wanting to waste his strength made sense as she would want to make the most out of what she had paid for him. Alsake knew full well of his strength, though he didn't like using it for violence. Perhaps his job would simply be to move heavy objects.

Nightmare

They walked on in silence until they reached the stairs again. "Since you will be following me, there will be plenty of time to show you the rest of the house later. Come with me upstairs. My dinner is almost ready."

With that, she started walking up the stairs. "I'll show you where you will be eating on the way."

Wicked Basket

As they walked Alsake did his best to make note of landmarks, such as paintings, vases, and whatever else he could use to navigate this maze. He hoped he'd be able to find his way around in a timely manner.

Nightmare

When they arrived at the top of the stairs, they arrived at the entrance of a grand dining hall. There was a table a hundred feet long in the center with chairs lining the sides. At the far end, an exquisite chair made in the shape of a dragon rested at the head of the table. "This is where my guests and I, as well as some of my guards, eat. Depending on what I decide your job shall be, you may or may not end up being in here."

Wicked Basket

Alsake looked around the dining hall in awe. He knew that there were rich people in the world, but the fact that someone could be so wealthy as to be able to afford all of this mind boggling. To him anyways. Though she said it was a possibility, he highly doubted he would ever be eating in here. He was just a mere slave after all.

Nightmare

Rather than walk down the dining hall, Cynthia turned to the left and began walking. When they reached the wall, she opened a door that revealed another dining hall, though no where near as exquisite. The walls were bare, the chairs and table simple wood, and the table was far smaller. That's not to say it wasn't still nicer than the majority of other, less wealthy, people's. "This is the hall where the slaves eat. Two meals a day, prepared by the chef,"

She smiled, knowing the prospect of a meal prepared by a chef would likely be a complete shock to Alsake. "You see, money is just an object to me. It is far easier to just ship in large quantities of food that I use than to go out of my way to find food for the slaves."

Wicked Basket

Though not as impressive as the first dining hall, the one for slaves was still much, much better than the arrangements he had had before. And two meals a day? He had only gotten one a day from his old master, though it was quite more than what normal slaves got because he wanted to keep Alsake in fighting shape. Looking at the chairs though he would probably eat standing up as his wings would interfere with sitting in a chair. Still, this was certainly better than before. It almost seemed too good to be true.

Nightmare

"Some slave owners don't understand how to command obedience." Cynthia said. "Once something is broken, it no longer cares what happens to it. If one of my slaves forgets their place, I simply take away these luxuries and break them. Once that happens once and they are given these luxuries back, they never want to lose them again."

She sighed. "I would simply advise you never do anything to lose these privileges in the first place."

Wicked Basket

That was certainly not how his old master had handled slaves. Alsake certainly didn't want to lose these luxuries.

"I do as told," he assured her.

Nightmare

"That is good." Cynthia said with a nod. "Come with me, I need to go talk to my chef."

Wicked Basket

Alsake followed obediently behind Cynthia wondering what the chef would be like.

Nightmare

It didn't take long to arrive at the kitchen and when they entered Alsake would be able to see the chef working away at dinner. She was a beautiful elven girl with purple hair, blue eyes and fair skin. When she noticed Cynthia enter, she paused what she was doing for a moment. "Ah, Lady Arun! Come to check on dinner?"

"Indeed, Airi." Cynthia said to the elf. "It looks like it's coming along quite well."

Set out already, there was a large roast boar. Aside from that, various fruits and vegetables were arranged into baskets to be brought out with the meal. The smell of herbs and different foods flooded the air.

Wicked Basket

Alsake inhaled deeply through his nose and took it all in. It was perhaps the best thing he had ever smelled. Is this what he would be getting to eat? If it was then he hoped there was plenty because he could eat quite a bit.

Nightmare

The chef that Cynthia had referred to as Airi smiled. "It is indeed! It shouldn't be much longer now."

Cynthia nodded and smiled. "I'll return in ten minutes, then."

She turned to leave the kitchen, motioning for Alsake to follow. However, she paused at the door for a second. "Oh, and do prepare something for my newest acquisition. I need him to be in top condition."

Wicked Basket

Alsake followed behind Cynthia once more. He was certainly doing much more walking than he ever had. His old master had kept him locked up whenever he wasn't fighting or training. Things were so much different now with this new master. What else would change, he wondered.

Nightmare

When they were out of the kitchen and back in the dining hall, Cynthia sighed. "Well, ten minutes isn't enough time to explore any further. I suppose I'll go relax on the balcony."

From the dining hall Cynthia opened a door and stepped out onto a large balcony that ran the entire length of the dining hall. There were many individual tables out here for when Cynthia and her guests decided to eat outside. For now, she took a seat and waited for her dinner.

Wicked Basket

When Cynthia simply sat down and didn't do anything Alsake was unsure of what to do. He decided to just stand nearby and wait, making sure to be out of the way.

Nightmare

Cynthia could tell that her new slave was uncomfortable, at least in the sense that he wasn't exactly sure how to handle this situation. That was good. It meant he wasn't used to having down time. "I assure you, after I decide on your tasks there won't be this much sitting around doing nothing."

She paused for a moment, thinking of what uses she could have for him. He was definitely an intimidating presence, at least size wise. If his personality matched, she likely would have used him as an overseer for the other slaves. However, she couldn't have an overseer that felt bad for the slaves that he was responsible for.

His muscles could be used for transport of heavy objects and large construction projects. She did have a project in mind lately...

"Do you have any experience with building?"

Wicked Basket

Alsake shook his head. He had never built a thing in his life. He wouldn't know where to begin. Hopefully she wouldn't have him try to build something. He would surely fail.

Nightmare

"Well, surely you're capable of some heavy lifting." Cynthia said with a grin. "I feel that might suit you better."