Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Put Up Your Dukes! [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 12:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"You'll forgive me if I decline, and you ought to retract the offer. If anyone were to know of your affiliation.... well, you might as well just declare your a mage who murdered the Grand Duke and are plotting against the new one now."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Fred shrugged, "My sister is in that palace. I'm walking on broken glass already, what's a few more shards?"

visualspice

"Your sister?" he looked the man over. "A maid?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"No. Not a maid," Fred shrugged, "She went to the church. From what I've heard she had her child and now she's... "Fred shrugged again, "Trapped in the palace. I got a note. A very curt to the point note that she didn't write." A little smile and another shrug, "I'm waiting for her body to show up at my door."

visualspice

At this he perked up.
"Your sister mothered the child of Hope?"

Draconian

Fred frowned ever so slightly, "So I've heard. I haven't met her child." Another look, "Why? Are you going to drop her dead body at my door?"

visualspice

At that, the masked man glared at him.
"I'm a vigilante, not a murderer. Your sister, as far as I know, is just some symbol, a pawn to the Grand Duke whose scraping at the dirt in order to find any worms to rally his chickens behind him."

Draconian

Fred wilted just a little bit.

Of course he knew the Grand Duke was a monster.

It was another thing to use your own child as a pawn. Another thing entirely to...

"Medina doesn't even..." Frowning deeply, "I need to get her away from him. Her and her child." A glance to the vigilante, "How much do you charge?"

visualspice

If his face wasn't already scowling, he would be doing it now.
"I don't charge," he growled.

Draconian

Fred pushed his hands through his hair and let his head dip back, eyes closed.

"I..." Another gentle shake of his head, "Right. Vigilante. Nevermind. It's not your problem. I'm sure if Medina wanted to come home she'd do it. She's..." Fred licked his lips and rubbed at his shoulders, "Nevermind." folding his arms over his chest he leaned against a wall and shook his head, "Do you feel okay? Light headed? Dizzy?"

visualspice

The masked man glared at him.
"I feel annoyed." It was time to be rid of this place, so he moved to stand, but the suddenness of his actions rushed to his head, and he found himself suddenly losing his footing- and toppling over towards the doctor.

Draconian

"Careful!"

Fred was quick to move, curling his arms around his waist, their chests pressing together before Fred shifted to the side and moved a hand to his shoulder to support the Masked man.. "You can feel as annoyed as you like, but I am a doctor and I would prefer you not hit your head while you're here. Dizzy? Nauseous?"

visualspice

He glared through his masked and shoved the man away. He was able to support himself, but it was evident he did not appreciate the close contact. After a moment, he looked towards the doctor again.

"I'll be fine. Blood loss can do that to a man."
He hated looking so weak.

Draconian

Fred fought the urge to groan, but he did let himself get pushed away.

Fred wasn't a fighter.

And while he was tall, he didn't have the most masculine of features. Or particularly burly arms. Fred frowned at the man, "Yes. Congratulations, you learned something by almost falling on your face. Do you want some tea and a cookie?"

visualspice

And that's when there was a sudden fierce knocking at the door.

"Open up! It's the City Guard!"

Leif swore and looked to the lit candle, then down to his own injured form before limping towards a corner, eyes searching frantically for a place to hide.

Draconian

Fred jerked at the knocking and frowned, grabbing the candlestick and looking to the Masked man before shaking his head. Knew it. He just knew it. Fred unbuttoned his coat and mussed up his hair, gave a quick look to his cleaned hands before he pulled his sleeves down carefully. 

Letting the Masked man find his own hiding place - though Fred was sure he'd probably sneak through the house and hide under a bed.

Finally, candle in hand and looking appropriately tired and mussed he frowned at the guards, "Can I help you?" He grumbled out, sounding sleepy and like he'd just be roused from a nice nap on a desk.

visualspice

"Sorry to disturb you, but we're in pursuit of a man. Wearing all black, has a mask... And was injured. We saw blood in the alley close by and are checking all the homes in this vicinity. We need to do a search of your home." And it didn't sound like an inquiry so much as a command.

Draconian

Fred paled slightly - which was hard to detect on his dusky tanned skin but he gave a tired shrug and pulled his coat around himself tighter. As much as Fred wanted to tell them to piss off, he knew that would get him a broken jaw and his house searched anyway.

A few steps away from the door and he held it open, "Careful please, I need to keep this area clean for patients and i would prefer not to waste my morning cleaning up mud you've tracked in when I could attend to sick children."

visualspice

If the city guards were hesitant, they showed little of it. They made their way through his house, up the stairs, down the stairs, searching in closets and under the bed. Soon they came back to the door and bowed rigidly to Fred.

"Seems all clear. Just be wary. The masked man is armed and dangerous. I wouldn't put it past him to harm yourself, or even any women or children who are in your care."

Draconian

Armed?

Fred thought for a moment, not recalling any weapons. Dangerous he would believe but... Oh well. It was too late now. Fred licked his lips and gave a  tired nod to guards as they left his house and he kept in his sigh of relief until the door closed and he was a few steps away from the door.

Must have jumped out a window or something.

Fred didn't care because now he was tired and he went to his bedroom, toed his shoes off and began to unbutton the wrinkled shirt with every intention of falling into bed.