Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hope is Born [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He didn't like where she was going with her implications, but he did not advance towards her- or even answer her replies. Though at her suggestion, his eyes narrowed, if not, softened all but briefly.

"I think the mother deserves to hold him for a while. You've been through a lot."
Not to mention the street singers and news zingers would not stop talking about Reajh's 'Hope'.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina gave a little nod, shuffling back from the edge of the bed. Just as cold as ever, though she tried to smile through it. Again she ignored the Grand Duke to set her attentions on her baby, quite finished with his meal before she pulled him away and held him to her chest, patting his back. She realized then that she wasn't aching or in as much pain as she probably should be.

"Can I go home?" Her voice was soft and she looked at him. "I know you don't want me here," though she smiled when she looked down at her son. "Probably have to explain things you don't want to. Or come up with some good excuses."

visualspice

Frowning, he said nothing for a time before walking over to her bed side. The baby was calm, and content it seemed. He gently ran a feather light stroke of his fingers over the babies cheek. And he found himself staring at the child, but still- he said nothing.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

The child stared back and before long one tiny fist was wrapped around the finger and promptly directed to his mouth. Medina gave a quiet giggle before adjusting Hope, cradling him in her arms. A son. She had a son.

In the church.

Medina frowned slightly, trailing her fingers over him again while his eyes dropped closed and he fell asleep with his fathers finger firmly planted in his mouth. "I think he likes you."

visualspice

There was just the softest hint to his features when he replied, "Or he likes the taste of my thumb."

Draconian

Medina's voice got softer when she noticed Hope had drifted off, CALENTS thumb still in his mouth.  A small smile and she closed her own eyes for a moment. If it had been a different setting this moment would have been perfect. A loving husband to give children too, instead of an accidental night of passion. Still, gazing down at her son, golden eyes swimming with a love she'd never had for anyone before, Medina wouldn't have changed a thing. "I'm sure he'll love you for more than the taste of your thumb someday," it was an idle comment, the words not thought out.

visualspice

Such an expression made him falter, his own heart fluttering at the thought. Strange how the woman's sweet, motherly grace made him feel... Well, feel anything at all.
"You will have to tell him the truth, someday," he murmured softly, eyes still ont he child.

Draconian

Medina stared down at Hope, smiling all the same before she played with the fluff of fine dark hair on his head. "What if he knew? Growing up." A brief look outside and she turned back, eyes only for her child. "I can't imagine suddenly learning your origins would lead to good things." Hope's eyes opened and he resumed suckling on CALENTS thumb, giving his father a doe eyed look before his eyes drifted closed again. "Now that he's here... I... I only want the best for him, even if I don't like it."

visualspice

At that, Calent frowned.
"What's best.... You'd have to give him up."
What's best.
Clearly it was to take his post..
as Heir.

Draconian

Give him up.

Medina felt her heart breaking at the very idea and she pressed a gentle kiss to Hope's forehead before she stared down at the little life they'd created. The person she's been most excited to meet. The only person in the whole world she'd loved before she even saw their face. "Right now?" Concern was in her voice and she smoothed a finger over Hope's cheek, accidentally bumping hands with the Duke.

visualspice

Tensing, he kept his frown, eyes never leaving the child's sleeping form.
"If you wait..." he went on, a hand itching to take her's. "It will only make it harder."
He paused, staring at her hand now.
"You should hear what all of Reajh is saying about the child."

Draconian

Swallowing heavily she felt tears well in her eyes. Maybe she'd been lying. Medina didn't want to leave her child. A life like this though. Medina turned to stare at Calent for a moment before her finger trailed over a tiny cheek again. "Saying about..." Medina frowned, "Why. He's perfect. Why would..." Another pause, "I didn't tell anyone anything. I swear I didn't tell anyone who the father is." Panic rose like bile in her throat and she snuggled Hope closer.

visualspice

His hand found her's. His touch, gentle.
"Medina..." He gave pause, voice gentle, but he felt strange knowing and uttering her name.
"They know nothing but what took place inside the church. Your child.... Our.... Hope, has become a symbol to the city- and no doubt, the entire kingdom with time."

Draconian

Her name on his lips had her shiver and she swallowed heavily, looking down at his hand on hers and she stared between him and Hope. "A symbol? Why... How." Though she turned her head, "I didn't..." Medina closed her eyes, face having fallen. Everything felt bittersweet and she let her head fall, her long hair falling from her shoulder to drape around her arm.

"I didn't want things to turn out like this." She whispered, turning back to Hope, pressing her lips to his forehead, "I was supposed to have you at home. With my brother. Run away and keep you forever," she whispered against his head, voice soft before she gave a watery look to the Duke. "His skin is too much like mine to belong to your wife," Medina said softly, a quiet little observation.

visualspice

Calent stayed silent, and watched her. Emotions were such a broad thing on a woman's face. Though still.. he couldn't help but... feel something tighten within his gut. Or perhaps his heart.
The hand on her's lifted to brush a tear away. nd he simply stared at her, not saying a word.

"You could both stay here," he said quietly. His thumb still brushed over her cheek.
"WHen you came to the church... what.. had you expected?"
She was so far along with child....
Why come there? Of all places...
And with him.. the crowd..
The one's she CLAIMED she wanted to avoid.

Draconian

Medina looked away, a little bashful at his thumb on her cheek. A touch far more intimate than she was expecting from him, who seemed so cold and distant. His question had her blush and she dipped her head down to look into wide green eyes. Hope had woken up and she curled his hand around a finger, gazing down at him. The whole world melted away when she looked down.

"I wanted to see. I wanted to... To tell him the story of the grand church... " Medina sighed, "I shouldn't have. My brother warned me I could have him at any day I just... Didn't expect it. I thought they were just little twinges but... I guess I realize now that it was me going into labour." Medina pursed her lips before she frowned, Hope grew fussy, his face about to crumple up and go red but quickly enough she bared her breast and the baby began to suckle. She paid no mind to Her Stranger and simply ran her hand up and down the child's back.

Swallowing slightly she cast a brief glance to the side, cheeks going slightly red, "I wanted to see you, too."

visualspice

He watched his child nurse. It was a serene and beautiful sight.
"You could stay.." he whispered. "Other men... have taken on lovers. The country knows I need an heir... And they would approve to have the mother of Hope be the vessel for... more of my children."

Draconian

Medina's chest went hollow and she held Hope closer to her. The phrasing was interesting. A vessel for more of his children. Her golden eyes flicked up to his and she stared at him for a moment, going quiet until the only thing making noise was the child nursing. "More?" A look to him, face straight, though confusion flickered in her eyes.

visualspice

"Yes." His stare remained. "It would protect you.. and offer you, and your children... a future."

Draconian

Medina looked down at Hope, staring down at him. The implication of her having no future without him gnawed at her spine but she remained quiet. "Is that what you want?" Medina swallowed carefully, looking to him while their child noisily suckled.