Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hope is Born [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Before the maid could say either way, a voice interjected from behind.
"A sunrise walk sounds lovely."

"Your Grace!" And the servant was soon bowing. But as he looked over at Medina and saw Hope asleep in her arms, he gave the faintest tilt of his head.

"But would it be well to wake him?" his voice was soft, soothing.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina stared, wide eyed.

Hated the way her heart lurched and she snuggled Hope closer, who simply snuggled against her skin. Swallowing slowly she was at a loss for words, what could she say? "I..." She blinked, having not expected the Grand Duke at all. "He's..." needed his sleep. But what would the two of them walk around for? A brief look to the maid and Medina gave her a pleading look. This was the maid from before right? The one who'd had children? "What do you suggest?" She said softly, looking at Hope and then the maid, "Sleep or walk? Well, I'd be doing the walking," she licked her lips in an effort to stop talking.

visualspice

Calent remained where he was as he suggested, "You could have your maid watch over Hope. If you walked with him outside, you might wake him up and upset him."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Did that mean he wanted to walk alone with her?

Medina gave an almost weary look over her should before she pressed a gentle kiss to the babe's head and passed him to the maid who took him. The child slept through it and Medina wanted to commend him for being such a deep sleeper. Medina curled her arms around her middle, finding herself suddenly cold without the warmth of Hope against her chest.

"Alright," She said softly, pursing her lips, "Wouldn't do well for a baby to make him needlessly fussy." Still, a part of her was grumpy. She wanted to watch the sunrise with her child, not... A look to Calent and she moved her hands into the fold of her skirts before she gave him a hesitant smile. "Did you sleep well?" She asked softly, curiously, remember how well he'd slept the night before and how horrified Zannrick had been at the idea.

visualspice

His lips were flat as he shook his head.
"I rarely sleep." He moved to be at her side, offering out his arm. "Shall we?"

Draconian

The expression she made mirrored his own.

Her lips were drawn thin and she gave him a curious look before she curled her arm around his. "Of course," She said simply, started to walk, though she let him lead the way - she'd hardly been allowed to explore the palace and while Outside looked right There, she knew it was probably done a silly number of hallways.

"You slept fine the night before," She said softly, curiously, "Did... You not.." She paused, trying to find a nice word, "Exercise ? Last night?" A quiet sly way of asking if he habitually banged maids, no doubt.

visualspice

Her comment made him frown, and frown deep. she'd even feel him stiffen against her.
"I do not make such things a  habit," he replied cooly. And she was right. The halls were long and winding, but Calent lead her true, not bothering to linger in any which direction as the doormen opened the massive gold gilded doors and in flooded the rich smells of the garden, and the faint pink light of the rising sun.

Draconian

The reactions from this man were...

Entertaining.

Like he was hearing her say things no one would dare utter near him.

Which, she supposed, was true.

"I see," Medina said softly, curious as to why exactly he'd found her then. That night had been an ... Accident. A series of events that had gotten to out of hand for either of them. The night before though had been intentional and she looked at him, eyes soft, curious. Finally though, they were outside and she got her first good look at the garden and her mouth dropped open.

"It's ..." Even in the morning light it was beautiful and she gently pulled her arm away from Calent to move down the steps to the garden, looking around it. Like if she didn't rush through it it would disappear. A brilliant smile of pleasure over her shoulder and she found herself standing in a beam of sunlight, head tipped back and eyes closed.  "It's beautiful here," She said, voice soft, knowing it would carry to him, "Do you come here often?" She had stopped moving, standing in the light, waiting for him to catch up. Then they could have their walk.

visualspice

He supposed it was something new for him, to see someone so unaccustomed to  the royal gardens, or even the noble foods, react in such a way as she. It was child like and carefree, something that carried over to him and made him feel like he had less to carry on his shoulders than he truly did. Perhaps it was their differences that attracted him, or even perhaps, the strange similarities unspoken.

He continued to watch her quietly, walking up beside her in stride and continued down the path, just letting her enjoy herself while he just took a moment to simply be. It wasn't everyday he could just step outside, just use the moment to take in the warmth of the rising sun, to take in the smells of the dews rising off the fresh blooming flowers, or take in the way the sun's rays changed colors each moment, each inch that it rose up higher and higher into the sky.

Draconian

No answer.

Not that Medina could blame him.

Surely he was sick of her questions by now so she didn't take it personally. Very few things were taken personally around this man. Medina supposed it was because it still hadn't quite sunk in that this man, this father to her child was... A slight wince, her face warmed by the morning sun. Medina's hair hung down her back, straight even after it had been braided the day before.

After the night of holding Hope, her arms felt empty and her chest was cold.

It didn't take long to catch up with Calent in the garden, falling into step beside him. He was tall but... So was she.  A brief look to him and a quiet inhale of breath. "This is more lovely looking than you wearing cake," She teased softly, looking at his nose before turning to a flower bud, still closed up tight and covered in morning dew.

visualspice

At her remark, he simply turned at her, still not speaking.
"It was a most unusual situation," he went on coolly, eyes falling across the neatly trimmed hedges and other shrub sculptures that came into view. But what was set out amongst them all was the large pool in the center, with a gushing fountain, seven tiers high, that sparkled in the pink sun light.

Draconian

Unusual situation.

Medina grinned, looking at him before she followed his gaze and...

Water.

Medina's fingers itched to slip her hands into it. Zannrick wasn't nearby and while she was sure there were many mordecai scattered about the palace  there wasn't one in the immediate area and Medina looked at the fountain with a strange longing. A step back, a moment to calm and she just looked at it.

"It's... Certainly grand," She stated simply, moving closer to it to lean over and look at it before she sat along the side, dipping her fingers into it and swirling her fingers through it before she lifted her hand and flicked the water to Calent. It didn't go very far, probably not even far enough to hit him but... Medina decided she liked throwing him off for good or bad. So far, it's all been bad, and she had a devilish smile on her face. 

visualspice

And just the littlest flecks of water landed upon his face. He frowned and used his hand to wipe them away, just staring at her, frowning at her smile before turning away.

"Sometimes I wonder if you've forgotten you're a guest in the most wealthiest place in all of Connlaoth." Of course it was grand. Did she think someone of such high standing lived in a dirt hut?

Draconian

So stoic.

His frown only made Medina smile wider and when he turned away there was the softest of chuckles. Her fingers moved back to the water and for a second, just a second, she let it swirl around her fingers before she pulled her hand out and wiped the water off on her dress.

"Does that bother you?" Medina asked softly, standing up. Her hair tumbled over her shoulder in sheet of dark brown, the fabric of her skirt giving away the fact that she was walking towards him, "It's a lovely place, but it isn't mine and while I can appreciate it I'm not going to fall over myself for simple objects..." She lifted a hand to tap at her lips, "I will for food though. Did I thank you for supper last night? Because Thank You for inviting me. I'm sure you instantly regretted it," She grinned, teasing.

visualspice

He cleared his throat, stiffening his stance and avoiding her gaze for a moment to stave off any flush.

"If I were of a lower class, I'd know my place, and know the value of positions above my own."
He looked at her again, studying her as she smiled, as care free, as unclaimed as the winds...
Winds? He set his frown deeper.

Winds did as they wanted. Winds shaped and destroyed, even comforting those on a hot day to cool them off, or remind them just how harsh the winter was- and that money or status... everyone was affected by the wind, couldn't stop it...

She was no wind, not in all of it's regards. But he hated he couldn't stop himself from looking her over, and reliving the memory of that one night free of his castle walls where there were no labels, no barriers, no positions, no war....
and no title. He was just a mind, as free forming as the wind.

But the wind was calm, non existent that morning. No, he had to shake off that thought. The winds were nothing of his concern.

"It bothers me, yes," he admitted. "A woman in your position should know her place."

Draconian

Should have been offended.

Medina chose not to be. As a man who was raised with titles and lables it was easy to see this from his point of view. So, Medina nodded, tucking her hands behind her back while she swayed to a soundless tune.

"Perhaps its my Adelan heritage," she smiled, "I do value your position. I imagine its very stressful and taxing. Everyone wants your attention all the time. Theres never enough time in the day to do everything and," she finally stopped swaying, standing in front of him. A hand reached out like she was going to hold his but she stopped short and let it fall back to her skirts.

"Nothing will be good enough. I value what you do,"  perhaps misguided and tyrianicle but...  "I know my place. My name is Medina Savage. Mother of Hope. I may not be nobility - ever - But... The way we met," she smiled then, "It changed everything. When I look at you, I don't see your position. I... See a man, lost in the storm."

visualspice

She just had to bring that up. He looked away, still walking down the gardens- with or without her.

Draconian

"What did I say!" Medina called after him, surprise on her face. "You can't just wander off in a temper!" A huff and she followed after him, "Calent!"

visualspice

Still, he said nothing, hands clasped behind him, walking with eyes forward.

Draconian

Worse than a child!

She hoped to all the stars in the sky Hope wouldn't have his fathers stubborn streak. Or at least use it for good. "Calent!" Medina picked up her skirts and shuffled after him, flushed before she caught up and walked beside him. "I cant fix it if I dont know what went wrong. Do you not like being reminded you have a stressful life?" While she had long legs, Calent still out paced her and she had to shuffle along quickly, "I just... Wanted to tell you I gain nothing from this."

Well. Gain nothing but being the Grand Duke's Sort Of Mistress.