Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hope is Born [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Calent said nothing but simply watched her and her child.
"Now that you're awake, I suppose I should allow you time with your child." And he bowed and moved to leave.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina just smiled at him, switching sides for Hope before she gave a soft sigh.

"Have sweet dreams when you sleep," she said simply to Calent before turning back and humming her lullaby.

visualspice

Sleep wouldn't come. He was fortunate enough no nightmares had sprouted when he had held his son. Even still, the lullaby remained inside his head, and he made his way to his music room where the soft ballad he began was now echoing softly down the hall.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

The nap had woken Medina up. Naturally she was a fast healer and while there were still aches and pains for the most part, she was fine. Once Hope was fed and back fast asleep Medina's eyes drifted closed, her child resting against her breast while the sound of music echoed. A gentle frown and she sat up, fixed her clothing and snuggled Hope close while she went to investigate.

Oh right.

The Grand Duke was a man of a few secret talents  and Medina found herself in the door way before long, swaying side to side with Hope in her arms and listening to him play. It was almost enchanting, the music and before long she was leaning against a wall with her eyes closed, a little smile on her face. Mostly she had just come to see, sneak a peak even, but the music was so lovely she Medina had forgotten to leave.

visualspice

And then the song ended, notes drifting away. He knew she was there, but didn't bother to look. He simply kept his eyes glued to the ivory keys and waited.

Draconian

Hope was fast asleep, his steady little breaths and his tiny chest risig and falling.

Medina had hardly noticed the music stop and for a moment she felt shame. Clearly he was here to hae a moment alone and she'd rudely intruded. "You play beautifully," she said quietly. Of course he knew that already. A man like him, his ego to the moon and back.

"Do you want me to leave?" Medina waited, steeling herself for some snarky responce. They'd never be lovers, she knew that, but at the very least she wanted to be friendly.

visualspice

Instead of replying to her question, he asked one of his own.
"What are you doing here?"

Draconian

"I was listening," a tilt of her head. Medina tried not to look hurt, but a cocktail of hormones had her on all the edges at once. Looking around briefly she looked down at the ground, "am I not allowed in here?" She asked quietly, chewing on her lower lip. "Can I have a list of places I'm not allowed to be before you get mad at me for being there?"

visualspice

It was only then he turned from his piano and looked at her. His gaze was ice cold, and his reply, simple.
"You are to remain in your room and nothing more." And with that, he stood.

Draconian

Was that a joke?

Medina stared at him, confused. Angry.

"I don't understand. Are you saying that because I've just had a child or... You're uncomfortable with me wandering around?" Sure she could see why, sort of. A little bit. Medina would sooner smuggler her son to Adela than stay in a bedroom.

visualspice

"Does the reason matter. You're my guest," he reminded, his words still showing no ounce of warmth.

Draconian

It grated on her nerves.

Medina bit back the words. She didn't know him. They weren't friends. He didn't want friends. He'd gotten his accidental son and that was it. Medina knew she mattered little, except perhaps as just another good source for his son.

"Of course, My apologies." An incline of her head because curtsying with a baby seemed like trouble.

As soon as she could be out and about without raising eyebrows... Medina looked down at Hope and then back at the Duke. Perhaps that man she'd made love with in the rain was some strange personality, hidden under layers of ice.

The sigh was unintentional but the quiet noise of her bare feet while she wandered back to the room she was allowed to stay in echoed through the empty hall until finally Calent was alone and Hope and Medina were back in their beds.

visualspice

The mood was soured, and any music in him had died. But still, he remained in his music room- one of his few rooms for reprieve, until the candles had all but burned out and he- he had unintentionally fallen asleep against one propped up arm.

Draconian

Medina, being who she was and what she was - stubborn and perhaps foolhardy- tucked Hope into his bed and went and sat in her own. At least for a few minutes. Medina got up again and slowly tiptoed back to the music room. Angry, Medina was building herself up, ready to just be angry. 

Except when she got back into the music room, Calent was asleep and she stood there and stared at him. Frowning ever so slightly. It wasn't a fair situation, for either of them. So, Medina turned back around, walking just as quietly to get a blanket she'd seen sitting on one of the chairs.

visualspice

And as she'd move, she might hear the subtle sounds of sobbing, and the form of Calent trembling.

Draconian

Medina felt her heart stop and oh so slowly she turned around, concern bubbling up from her belly. Was he crying? A few steps closer, trying to be quiet. Was it a nightmare? Did the day catch up and Calent was having a breakdown? Should she talk? Smoothing the nightgown against her stomach, Medina stepped closer, her voice soft. "Are you okay?" Her voice was soft, reaching a hand out to gently hover over his shoulder, trying her best to be soothing. If she wasn't so terrified of being sent to a camp she'd try something more.

visualspice

No response came, and one of Calent's legs moved; twitched and he turned suddenly towards the voice, a powerful hand shooting out and grabbed her by the wrist. But it was evident the Grand Duke was still sleeping, sweat beading across his brow, as his eyes roamed beneath closed lids.

Draconian

Medina stared down at the hand at her wrist, letting out a startled gasp. A nightmare. Was it dangerous to wake them up? Medina reached out with her other hand and gently pressed it to his cheek, still calm. What sort of night terror was he having that he was still moving?

"You have to wake up now. You're having a nightmare."

visualspice

A snarl twitched across his lips, and a growl most inhuman gurgled deep within before his second hand snapped out and took hold of her throat.

Draconian

Calm.

Medina's breath hitched and she moved her hand to the one at her throat. Sleep walking? The growl was strange and she tried to pull at the hand at her throat. What was going on?

"Wake up. Please?." He could kill her. Well, he could kill her if she let him.  What could she do? Her hand tapped at his arm in some small effort to shake him of his dream. Though, judging from the growl she wasn't really sure what was going on anymore.