Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I think we started off on the wrong foot... [visualspice]

Started by Nightmare, November 12, 2015, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmare

OOC: Tags to @visualspice

It had been a long day for Midnight, traveling through the shadows to reach the city of Uthlyn. On the way he had prevented one mage from being captured, killing two mordecai in the process. Yes, he was a mage, but one who depended very little on his magic. He could just as easily win any fight with just his twin swords, making mordecai a relatively easy target still.

Though he preferred the days when he didn't have to do anything. On those days, everything seemed to be right with the world. Those days he could relax and walk through the towns and streets without being on edge.

Those days came so rarely. It was now the late afternoon and he had a feeling his day wasn't quite over yet. He was in a tavern, trying to enjoy a drink and relax a little bit. However, the group of brawny men next to him had a little too much to drink, it seemed. They were getting rowdy now, slamming fists on the tables and shattering glasses on the floor.

Midnight stood up to leave, but one of the men backed into him. Naturally, the idiot thought it was Midnight who ran into him. It was only a second before the man turned around and yelled. "Watcshhh where yer goin', k-" he paused, interrupted by a hiccup and a burp. "Kid."

Before Midnight could respond, he felt himself be pushed, or possibly thrown, backwards. It wasn't long before he felt himself crash into something and fall to the floor. At first, he didn't think much of it. Until he noticed he had been shoved into someone else and had also knocked them to the ground. It was easy for him to realize he was going to have to deal with that now.

visualspice

Taverns weren't exactly her flavor, but it figured her unruly child had been spotted this way. Ever since she had returned to the capital, her daughter seemed to be in full force of want to help with supporting the mages. She was every bit like her mother, and Katahnia was not about to let her child simply wonder around the dangerous streets to get herself killed.

However, once inside the tavern, she immediately regretted her decision. It not only smelled bad, but the men were already thoroughly drunk and rowdy. And though a few tried to hit on her, she made her way around them as she began to look around. It seemed her daughter was no where in sight, but that didn't mean she didn't have connections here and was out of eye sight.

However, before the woman was able to look into it, she turned around and was confronted by an oaf of a man. He had a ripe red face and a large gut, and two barrels for arms. Not many women, bar maids aside, were even in the establishment, especially not alone.

"You look sweet, like candy," the man went on, breath as fowl as the dead. He wobbled a bit and leaned in closer to her. "How's about we go find a room upstairs..."

Katahnia was quick to slip out of his grip. The last thing she needed was to cause a scene.

"I'm so sorry, but I'm here looking for my husband-" she lied. And that's when the man laughed and followed after her.

"Obviously he ain't here and is a sorry sod of Ansgar," the drunk went on. "Why don't you forget about him for the night. Me and my friends... we could use a little lady like yourself..."

The man was too close he was almost slobbering on her, and where his hands went-
Katahnia went to strike the man when suddenly...

A fight was breaking out elsewhere, and turning suddenly in the large man's arms, Katahnia turned to witness the entire bar suddenly come to life in an all out brawl.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nightmare

The first thing Midnight did was stand up and brush the dust off himself. He still hadn't taken a look at the person who he had bumped into and instead was staring into the eyes of the man who had shoved him across the room. Though he was normally against fighting when it wasn't necessary, Midnight knew he wouldn't be getting out of this situation without at least throwing a few punches.

The drunk who had pushed him originally was now laughing hysterically after witnessing Midnight knock into this other person, who was just now finally standing back up. It turned out to be a skinny man a few inches taller than Midnight and it was no surprise that he was not as entertained as the other man by the situation. He grabbed Midnight on the shoulder, intending to spin him around and punch him in the chest.

Midnight easily blocked the punch and retaliated with one of his own, knocking the man unconscious with a single blow. However, now everyone around him was getting rowdy as well. It seemed this fight was going to keep growing and growing and soon everyone in the tavern seemed to be brawling.

visualspice

A sloppy kiss to her neck had her reeling. She had enough, and with as much strength as she could muster, she shoved the man away, and stepped back to watch him domino into a man, who toppled onto another man and thus sending him crashing into a table.

Surprised how things were escalating, Katahnia attempted to rush towards the front door.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nightmare

Midnight turned towards the door of the bar after the man had been taken care of, pushing his way through a sea of people in the process. Normally there would have been no issue and he would have used his magic to leave. However that was too dangerous for him to do in Connlaoth.

He was about halfway to the door when someone came running the opposite way. Midnight sidestepped the man but in the crowded space it was hard to get fully out of the way. Once more he got knocked around and in an effort to keep his balance he reached out to grab something. However, it was clear when he began to look up that he had grabbed someone instead.

visualspice

With a yelp, she felt the pull of someone strong, the collision of bodies, and the world falling away. The landing was hard, as she was on her side and there was a man on top of her. And the moment that registered, she gave an indignant gasp and rough shove.

"What do you think you're doing!? Get off!"