Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Walking the road of life can lead to amazing chances

Started by SilmeriaElemred, November 14, 2015, 03:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

''Correct. The tailor did not take half of what you had so it is possible you will get more. You tend to get more if you sell these things directly to a person who is also using it, rather then selling it at a trade post. At a trade post you will get less because the people working at the post have to resell the items. And they want to do so with profit.''

He gave Lula a smile and gestured to the rest of the shops. ''Come. Let's find the jeweler shop. Usually you will see jewelery such as rings, bracelets, armcuffs and necklaces when looking inside.''

DragonSong

"Okay." Feeling a little braver, Lula let her grip on his hand relax slightly as she looked around, taking in her new surroundings with rapt fascination.

SilmeriaElemred

Seeing that Lula could relax a bit and enjoy herself a bit more Orion relaxed a bit more himself as well. Still though he did not let go of her hand. There were a variety of shops which all kept this little town running. It was something he was actually quite amazed by. After all, it was not big. But everyone worked together. It reminded him a bit of home.

Eventually he saw a shop with jewelery displayed. Beautiful broches, rings, necklaces and earrings. He already knew though that they would be way to expensive for him or Lula to buy.

DragonSong

Eyes catching on the pretty baubles and bit of sparkle, Lula tugged on Orion's hand gently and pointed. "Is that the right place?" she asked, bouncing a little on the balls of her feet.

SilmeriaElemred

''It is.'' Orion said with a smile and opened the door. ''After you.'' he said as he held the door open for her and went in the store after she had.

There was a variety of cut and polished gemstones and very expensive looking items made of a variety of materials and precious metals.

A very old man came from behind the counter. ''Good day young ones.'' he spoke with a bit of a cracking voice. ''What can I help you with?'' he was almost even Lula's size with a pair of thick glasses in front of his eyes

DragonSong

Once again shy, Lula sort of tucked herself half behind her companion, wordlessly holding out the little bag of pearls.

SilmeriaElemred

''No need to be frightened.'' Orion assured.

''The longeared elf is right. I am a soldier no more you know.'' the man said tapping his cane on the ground. ''I am just an old former soldier who found out to late that making pretty jewelery was my true passion.'' he revealed a near toothless smile.

He looked at the bag. Obviously he could not see the contends, seeing the pearls were still inside. ''Is it buying or selling.''

''It will be selling.'' Orion replied and patted Lula on the shoulder. ''Come on. Show him what you've got.'' he said calmly.

DragonSong

Hesitantly, Lula pulled open the lip of the bag and tilted it to show the contents, taking a cautiously little step toward the shopkeeper.

SilmeriaElemred

''Ahh pearls. Always a good thing to have as a jeweler. Take a seat please.'' he said as he walked towards the counter and took out a box which had several instruments.

''If I may ask, where do these pearls come from?''

DragonSong

"My pond," Lula responded quietly. "The stream would bring them down to me, sometimes as presents from the other nymphs, sometimes by chance."

SilmeriaElemred

''Ahhh I see so you are a nature spirit. It has been a while since I have met one. I remember when I was just a boy and fell into a pond in a forest I had to draw water from. If it had not been for that beautiful nature spirit I would not be breathing now. I suppose it was you who chased those hunters away too then.''

The man sat down on a stool. ''Now let me take a look at those pearls.''

DragonSong

"I had help," Lula murmured, glancing at Orion with a small smile.

Then she nodded and handed the little bag over, still clutching Orion's fingers with one hand.

SilmeriaElemred

One by one although due to his age a little slower then the tailor the old man took out a total of 25 pearls, measured and weighted them before weighing all of the pearls on a scale in a bowl to make an aprox calculation of the amount.

''For all of the pearls, would a price of 25 gold pieces be alright?'' he asked.

DragonSong

"Um...yes?" Lula said slowly, looking at Orion for confirmation.

SilmeriaElemred

Orion said nothing. 25 was a little low actually but it was not bad. He could not call it a ripoff and the man needed to make a profit of it too to get by. Some pearls were not perfectly round either.

''It is your deal Lula. It is alright I think. '' he assured

DragonSong

She smiled, a little relieved. "Alright then," the nymph said brightly, nodding firmly at the jeweler. "Deal."

SilmeriaElemred

''Alright.'' the man took the pouch of pearls and stored them away. ''Do you have a coin pouch young missy?'' he asked as he did so.

DragonSong

"Oh, yes!" She grinned and pulled the little pouch out of the front of her bodice, holding it out to him easily. "Here."

SilmeriaElemred

''Perfect.'' the man said with a smile and took the pouch for a moment after counting 25 gold pieces and put them in the pouch. ''I recommend not to store everything in one pouch though. Thieves and pickpocketers are there in every city.''

''Thank you sir. We will keep it in mind.'' Orion replied. He himself also had spreaded it out over multiple pouches in his bag and always one for him him reach.

The jeweler sat down on his still again and started to sort out the pearls by color and shape. ''THank you both. Hope to see you two again someday.'' he said.

Orion nodded. ''Pleasure was ours.'' he replied before turning to Lula. ''Let's go. I will need something to eat, after that we can pick up the shoes. Does that sound like an idea?''

DragonSong

The nymph nodded quickly. "What do people eat outside of the forest?" she asked curiously as she looked around. She couldn't see any fruit bearing plants.