Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Walking the road of life can lead to amazing chances

Started by SilmeriaElemred, November 14, 2015, 03:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

((sorry... real life stuff slowed me down imensely))

''Depends on what kind of species they are. Most species though eat meat, vegetables and grain products. Also fruit. Most races are dependant on food and water to survive. Settlements chop trees or make a piece of land available to grow food on or keep animals.''

He lead her to an inn and gave it a glance. Looking at the overal impression. It was clean and the patrons were not dressed in smelly rags. Meaning it was a respectable place. Or at least respectable enough. ''As for my race, we do not eat anything that is from an animal.''

DragonSong

[No problem!]

Lula glanced curiously around the inn as she followed Orion. "Hmm. I think I'm more like your people then," she mused quietly. "Of course, I don't really need to eat, but I like the way some things taste."

She sort of skipped forward and wrapped slim fingers around his arm, glancing up at him with wide, sparkling eyes. "What's this place? There's lots of people here."

SilmeriaElemred

''It is called an inn. Most towns have them. It is a place where people eat, drink, gather and meet. Travelers often sleep in inns. However some are not safe to be in. I always look at a few things. How clean it is, how clean the patrons are, if it doesn't reek, and how the patrons behave. See? Everyone is smiling, laughing and enjoying their food and drinks. There is no feeling of hostility.'' he explained as he lead Lula to an empty table. Pulling back a chair so she could sit down.

DragonSong

Lula nodded slowly as she looked around, taking note of the factors he mentioned. She took the seat and tucked her legs up under her body so she was sort of perched on the chair.

"I see." She nodded and her eyes flicked up to his face. "Well...now what?"

SilmeriaElemred

''And now, we order.'' The mooneld replied and raised his hand to one of the women who were serving drinks and food. ''Hello ma'am, I would like a glass of juice. Also, which dishes do you serve here that has nothing in it from animals? Regarding things that is made of their meat or bones that is.''

The woman pondered. ''No animalmeat, that will be roasted vegetables then I think and bread?'' she said. Orion nodded. ''perfect.'' he replied and looked at Lula. ''What would you like to have?''

DragonSong

The nymph was suddenly shy again, but she piped out a quiet, "I'll have the same." The idea of eating meat did not appeal to her.

SilmeriaElemred

''Two times juice and two times roasted vegetables coming up.'' the woman replied and headed to the kitchen to gave out the order.

''Places like these are often busy. If you ever, get into trouble and I am not by your side, look for a good inn. There are often kind people in places like these.''

DragonSong

"Alright." Lula nodded and drew her feet up onto the chair, hugging her knees to her chest as she gave another curious look around. "Are there lots of these sorts of places then?"

SilmeriaElemred

''most towns have one. The larger the town the more you will find. Some are only for sleeping and drinking, with others it is also able to rent a room.''

The servinglady placed two glasses of juice down before quickly going to another table. Those who were seated there all received a pint of ale.

DragonSong

Lula took her glass and sipped at it. She crinkled her nose a bit, not in distaste, more curiosity. "They put something in this," she decided. "It's...very sweet."

SilmeriaElemred

''Well, it is fruit juice. Some fruits do not grow in this region. Maybe they got their hands on exotic fruits from traders and turned it into juice. Fruit juice in general is sweeter though. Sometimes extra honey is added. I do not understand why though.'' Orion replied before taking a sip himself.

DragonSong

"Perhaps humans just like things sweeter," Lula mused with a shrug. She took another sip. "It's certainly not bad, just...different."

The sound of the door opening suddenly startled her- just another customer, but she was still feeling quite skittish- and the nymph just about jumped across the table, suddenly scrambling to press against Orion's side, nearly climbing into his lap in the burst of panic.

SilmeriaElemred

''Easy easy, it is alright. It is safe here. See?'' he looked at the new guests who were a pregnant woman and a man, of whom Orion assumed was the woman's husband.

He understood Lula's reaction though. The events of the poachers probably scared her a lot.

DragonSong

The nymph blinked wide, ember eyes up at him, and for a moment her form seemed to almost flicker between flesh and water.

Then she sighed, calming herself, and tried to sit back. "Right... Okay." She swallowed and forced a little smile, turning her attention back to her drink.

SilmeriaElemred

Orian remained calm and smiled reassuring.  ''There are places more busy than this one.  I will avoid them when you are with me for a while until you got used to it a bit more.''

He did hear a few men laughing about Lula's startle and had to resist the temptation use his illusion magic on them to startle them instead but decided against it. ''Don't worry.  It will be fine and if needed I will protect you.''

The tavernworker arrived as he spoke placing two plates with roasted vegetables and baked potatoes on the table. ''There you go. Enjoy.'' She said kindly before serving others.

DragonSong

Confused by the laughter- what was so funny?- Luka glanced toward the sound before turning her attention back to Orion.

"Yes. Right." The smell of food made her ears perk up, literally, and she leaned over the offered plates, sniffing curiously.

SilmeriaElemred

''Best not to mind them. Many people judge easily about reactions of other people. But what is important, is that we enjoy ourselves.'' he winked before he started to eat, using the cutlery next to his plate.

DragonSong

"Mhm." Lula smiled and nodded, watching how he used the utensils before taking a crack at it herself.

Her eyes widened when she took a bite- surprised, but pleasantly so. "This is good!"

SilmeriaElemred

''It indeed is. Meatless dishes tend to be a challenge often in taverns or inns. Hence I learned to cook myself. Not to mention most of the time I do not stay in towns.'' he admitted. There were times though like when it would storm, or snow he'd need to find a shelter better then the average cave.

DragonSong

She crinkled her nose and nodded in agreement. "This place is...interesting. But I think I like the forest better, in the long run."