Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Walking the road of life can lead to amazing chances

Started by SilmeriaElemred, November 14, 2015, 03:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

After a few more barks the dogs decided it was time to leave and as a pack rushed off back to the place they came from. With the lightning not working and the dogs having ran, the three non mages ran off.

''It is not worth it Leo... we've lost thisone. We still have other goods to sell.'' the empath spoke.

''N-No. I will not lose to some spirit made of twigs and leaves after having come this far.'' the lightning mage replied. He breathed heavily. He must have shot over a dozin of lightning orbs. Letting them explode on something that did not exist.

The illusion started to raise one of its treelike, vine covered arms ready to hit the two men. He hoped Lula was capable of hitting them in a manner legitable for what the illusion did.

DragonSong

The illusion and Lula struck within an instant of each other, blending seamlessly. She called forth the water in the air, forming it into a whip that lashed across the man who'd been tossing lightning about before disappearing in a moment, leaving no evidence it had existed at all.

She grinned despite herself. That had worked rather well.

SilmeriaElemred

Orion had half the idea that Lula liked this plan just as much as he did.

The attack had hurt the two mages who decided running was better then staying and as they ran, Orion allowed the illusion to follow them a little longer until they were far away enough. The moonelf did not let the illusion vanish right away though instead he let it walk back and when all hostiles were gone made it vanish.

''Pfew...'' Orion spoke with a sigh of relief and allowed him to drop himself on the ground. ''I think... and hope they will not be back at all. Or at least not a while.'' he said with a grin.

DragonSong

Lila practically skipped over to him. "That was fun!" she said, grinning. Then she frowned and crouched to be close to his level. "You alright?"

She looked to the pond and whistled, signaling to the unicorn that it was safe for her to emerge. Raising her hand, she beckoned a thread of water to her palm and formed it into a sphere. "Here. Drink." She held her hand out to him.

SilmeriaElemred

''I'm alright thank you.'' Orion said although did accept and drank the water.

''It got easier when the first three rushed off. Influencing five minds is harder then two. The wolves helped a lot as well. Often their presence invokes fear into a person. Especially the houds.'' he looked towards the forest. ''To bad that unlike some of my brethren I am not capable of communicating with them.''

The unicorn resurfaced as well but was still cautious. *I do still think you are an idiot...* she noted.

DragonSong

Lula grinned at the white creature, standing and approaching to stroke her neck. "Perhaps," she mused, giving Orion a rather interested look. "What will you do now?" she asked, tilting her head curiously to the side.

SilmeriaElemred

''Well, the unicorn's wounds are healed so that is good. I could perhaps weave a little bit of illusion magic in your woods if you want but it will be a slow, slow process. Also with those men gone maybe I could look around a little and admire your forest. Enjoying and resting a place is not something that can be done often if you travel alone. Also... you gave me the impression you had not seen many elves before so maybe I can show you a few more things.'' he suggested.

DragonSong

A bright grin spread across her face. "That is very kind of you," she said happily. "But of course you should rest first. This place is sacred to the creatures of the forest, none will bother you here."

Her eyes caught on a few shadows slinking through the trees, glancing at them with glinting, golden eyes. She nodded respectfully, thanking Graywind and his pack for their help.

SilmeriaElemred

''Rest. Yes. I could use some of that.'' Orion said with a grin.

*Same for me. As long as I am low on power I can not planewalk* the unicorn said and laid down not far from Orion.

''When I get to placing some protective illusion magic though, I'll see what I will do next. Travel a little more maybe. As long as I return home on time for the festival it should be alright.''

DragonSong

Lula nodded. "Yes, yes. Now sleep, both of you." She gave them a stern look to make sure that did as they were told. "You can make decisions come morning."

She sat with her legs curled to the side on the rock she'd used to hide behind earlier, settling in to keep watch for the night. Softly, she began humming, a simple melody of dancing brooks and bending trees, of playful winds and flickering coals. She called a thread of water to herself, making shapes and words as she started to sing under her breath.

SilmeriaElemred

''Alright alright.'' Orion said laughing and made himself comfortable. The unicorn was already asleep he noticed. Feeling the moonlight on his skin and hearing Lula's voice soothed him but it did take him a long time before he could fall asleep.

DragonSong

While Lula could sleep, it was not something her body needed to do. She was perfectly at ease pacing her little glen, keeping watch for anymore potential threats until the sun began to filter through the trees.

SilmeriaElemred

A ray of light reached Orion's eyes which woke him up. The unicorn had been up for already a brief hour and was softly conversing with Lula about last nights events.

''Good morning'' Orion spoke softly as he stretched and sat up. He rubbed the muscles on his neck. They were a bit stiff since he had not bothered to grab his bedroll and a blanket

DragonSong

Lula broke off her conversation, looking over at the elf and smiling. "Morning." She sprang easily to her feet and moved toward him, the unicorn following sedately after her. She tilted her head, observing him; some creatures looked different under the light of the sun. "Sleep well?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Yes I slept fine.'' Orion assured. He looked at Lula and the unicorn with a smile.

*Amusing. Golden hair and eyes, and you call yourself a Moonelf. What do I amiss.* The unicorn asked.

Orion chuckled. ''True... Sun elf would be a better discription regarding the men of my race but... somehow we just stuck with Moonelf.'' he rubbed his eyes and straightened his clothing. ''You seem a lot better. How are you feeling?''

*A lot better. I should be able to planewalk in a few hours so I can go home and restore faster. Thank you though. Without you I would've become a persons pet or circus animal...*

DragonSong

"I should thank you as well," Lula said, dipping her head to him. "I have no doubt those hunters will talk of the ferocious monster they encountered here. Hopefully that will keep their fellows away."

Looking between the unicorn and the elf she ventured, "Should you eat? I assume you may be hungry." Food, like sleep, was something else she could partake in if she wished, but wasn't necessary for her survival, so she was really guessing. She supposed she could find some grasses or berries if they needed sustenance. 

SilmeriaElemred

''My race requires food yes.'' Orion spoke calmly. He opened his bag and got several things out. Realising though that everything had gotten wet. When he swam to the surface he had his bag on him.

''My luck.'' he chuckled as he took out a few extra pieces of clothes, and a blanket. His bedroll was wet too but it mattered little since it was made of willowbranches.

Everything which was wet was placed on the roll which he rolled out so it could dry in the sun after wringing it out. ''My kin of elves lives on what nature provides with exception of meat. We also refrain from wearing leather. I can get some nuts or berries for now. To bad my tealeaves are soaked though...'' he sighed but he did not seem to be angry about it. Having gotten rid of the men last night was completely worth all this.

DragonSong

"Tealeaves?" Lula tilted her head curiously. She'd never heard of such a thing.

Realizing Orion's- rather damp- problem, she moved toward the clumps of fabric he had spread out to dry and closed her eyes, breathing deeply to summon flame to her hands. Fire didn't come as naturally to her as water did, perhaps because she avoided using it for fear of hurting her own forest. Still, she managed to heat her hands to a rosy temperature and waved them over the supplies, attempting to quicken the drying process.

SilmeriaElemred

''Tea is an aromatic warm prepared by pouring hot water over cured leaves from a specific plant. The taste varies on how hot the water is but also when the leaves wee plucked. To add flavor, blossom or flower petals can be added or even fruit or herbs. Or a combination.'' Orion explained. ''I can not use these anymore though.'' he said as he opened a few small wooden boxes. One had dark leaves, one green and another very light ones. All were sogged though.

''Thank you for helping drying my clothes. If it is to much though it's alright. I will then just hang them to dry up.'' he assured.

DragonSong

"It's no trouble," Lula said with a quick smile. She was getting the hang of this. Within moments his supplies were dried. "I don't get the opportunity to use my fire much, it's good practice."

She flopped to the ground with a contented sigh. Whistling sharply, she called a few songbirds to her, whispering a request. They flew away, twittering, and she smiled as she watched them go. A sudden thought struck her and she glanced back at the unicorn. "I don't believe we ever learned your name," she said.

Two of the birds returned, bearing twigs with ripe berries, and landed on Orion's shoulders, offering him the food.