Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You get what you order

Started by Valo, May 22, 2015, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valo

[Welcome, Ice!]

It was such a beautiful morning and the streets were full of people, especially after yesterday's heavy rain. The air was fresh and easy to breath, and one could see lots of kids playing together, old people walking slowly without any certain destination, and young people walking hand in hand smiling slyly to each other. Then there were those, who were hiding in the shadows, waiting. One of those was a tiny little thief, Fireflower. She was wearing her regular green dress, and her red hair was on a long braid. Today she was also wearing a light pink coloured scarf on her forehead, which she had stolen on her way to the market place.

Her wings were flapping slowly, when she nervously waited for that mysterious golden eagle to appear.
She had heard, that there was this one wanderer, a nice young golden eagle passing by. And Fireflower knew, that eagles usually took good care of their fortune. So she was eager to see, if this bird had maybe brought some of her funds with her on her travels. And if she hadn't.. well, she had golden feathers. One of those were worth of everything she had! She wasn't sure where the eagle was staying, and she didn't have any sort of plan. That made her really nervous, because usually she always had a plan for every gig she decided to do.

Fireflower was checking her surroundings every now and then trying to find the eagle. It was golden, so it was hard to miss, right? She didn't have to wait for long, when she saw a golden flash in the crowd. Slowly she leaved her standing place, and started to walk slowly towards her.

Ice

(nice thanks valo)

There was a lone golden eagle walking threw the city. She was sure keep her distance from the crowds as to avoid thieves. She did not want to have anything stolen from her. See she had a dream that something like that would happen. She could tell the future and foresee certain events. Though she would not know who would do such  thing like that to such a kind bird like herself. She smiled and the eagle just kept on walking.

She then stopped to check out her surroundings. She did not see anyone that look studious so she was not worried about that. No she was actually quite relaxed now and feeling calm. She did not see the girl coming towards her as she was looking in the opposite direction.

Valo

Fireflower walked towards the golden flash, and as nearer she went, more sure she got that it was the golden eagle. And luckily, the eagle was walking to the other direction. The tiny thief approached, but she didn't have any sort of plan. She checked out, if the eagle had a belt or something, where she might keep her money. Didn't see it. So, it was time for plan B.

Fireflower nodded carefully to the eagles shoulder. The feathers felt weird and when the sun was shining, the feathers were reflecting the light, so it looked like the eagle was shining. Like a knight in a shining armor.
"Excuse me madam, but you seem to be lost", she said and smiled warmly. "Where are you heading? I can help you?"

Ice

Ventra felt the ever so subtle feeling of being followed. Her physic powers to her to be wary here. She stopped and moved her special bag to where it would not be noticed. Then she felt the sensation of being touched. She whirled around fast and say the small female who was talking to her. " heh no I am just wondering threw here. I never really have a direction in mind. You can give me company though I would not try anything funny if I were you." she stated softly. She knew what the girl was up too now. She had foretold it after all.

Valo

Fireflower was feeling disappointed, because stealing would be easier, if the eagle was at home alone with her. But well, she could do it here also. It would be tricky if somebody noticed, because then there would easily be like ten men after her. Essyrn wasn't a good place for a thief.
Fireflower nodded.
"Oh no, madam! I would never.." she stuttered and lowered her gaze. She tried to see, if there was anything to stole, but she wasn't sure. First she'd need to win the eagles trust. Quickly she lift her eyes and smiled.

"Where would you like to go? I know this town by heart", she said. "I could show you the beautiful central park or the town's oldest tavern if you are feeling hungry." Fireflower smiled and was pointing to different directions while she spoke. "If you haven't been here before, I'd suggest the market square. There are many talented craftsmen selling their goods." Market square would be perfect. Lots of people (and therefore many things for the eagle to focus on instead of her money), and if the eagle decided to buy something, Fireflower would see if she had any money with her, and possibly how much of it.

Ice

The eagle smiled as she heard what the girl said. She would keep her guard up around this woman until she was certain of her ignitions. " alright . You will have to forgive me I am a bit wary of strangers. " Ventra said softly.

She them smiled as she listened to the girl talking now. She was sure that one of those places would be fine. " we can go to the market if you want . I have no particular place that I am heading." she said softly. Then she waited for the girl to lead the way.

Valo

"Great!" Fireflower said enthusiastically and started walking towards the market square. So the eagle was wary of strangers. Wise move. One usually didn't believe that somebody would get robbed in Essyrn, where thieves were punished harshly. But that's on of the reasons why it was so good place for a thief. Nobody would think that you'd try to steal. Except this birdie.

"So, what brings you to Essyrn? I assume that you are traveling? It really is a beautiful place, especially during the summers. We get quite a lot visitors during that time", Fireflower chatted and led the way. They turned from the next corner, and soon they were able to see the square. It was full of people, with merchants and craftsmen selling their items. It was also a very noisy place, people were shouting and chatting, kids were playing and birds were squeaking high above them.

Fireflower lead the eagle forward, heading to the busy square. With the corner of her eye she tried to check, if the eagle had the money. Nope, she was still keeping them safe. But not for long...

Ice

Ventra walked behind the girl as they made their way towards the square. She was trying to give this girl a benefit of a doubt. She was broke for her thoughts by the girl question. " yes I was traveling. I am a fortuneteller who travels the world predicting the future for those who will listen." she said with a smile. She was not going to lie about having powers. Sometimes they were very useful. And a good way to protect ones self.

She then smiled as they got closer to the square. That was a nice site to see. And also someplace to have a bit of fun. This girl was not so bad she really was not. Though that could change anytime.

Valo

A...a fortuneteller!? Suddenly Fireflower felt sick. How could she had missed something so important! She wasn't sure about this thing anymore. Maybe she should just grab the purse of whatever and run? Yes. She would easily hide somewhere, thanks for her small size.

"Okay, lets go here! Let me show you one place, where you would like to go for sure!" Fireflower said joyfully and led the bird to a merchant, who was selling beautiful rocks and jewelry. The bird seems like a person who would like to buy something like that. Magic rocks 'n' stuff.
"Hi there Oliver! Let me introduce you to my new friend", she said. "I thought that she would like to see these", Fireflower said and stepped back. Now...get that bloody purse of yours so I can see it, take and run away with it.

Ice

Ventra looked to the girl as they walked threw the  square.. She also looked at all of the different people selling things. She gave a smile as she heard what the girl said. She smiled and looked at her with a smile. " alright ." she said with a smile on her beak. Though it was hard to see the bird smile much.

Then they went over to the merchant and she gave the man a smile. He went about showing her some of his special stones. She blinked  anther eyed the girl again. She the picked out a stone that would help her with her fortunetelling powers. She took out her bag and the eyed the girl. She knew that something was about to happen . Though what she did not know exactly.

Valo

Fireflower's fingers were burning as she saw how the eagle took out her bag. Ventra was still looking at her, so she just gave the bird a happy smile and turned back the merchant.
"What a fine stone you chose", she said casually, hoping that the bird wouldn't believe that it was her, who she had sawn in her vision. The bird lifted her bag, and Fireflower realized that it was now or never. She grabbed the bag, and pulled hard, so that it slipped from the eagle's grip. The fairy started running as fast as she could, under the table, behind the curtains, over the bench using her wings to power up her jump.

She got out of the square and took a glimpse just to see, if Ventra was after her. She saw nobody. She turned from the corner, but there was somebody standing there. The small fairy bounced back when she hit the guard's big tummy. The purse flew from her hand and few coins dropped out of it as it hit the ground.
"Why are you in such a hurry?" said the guard and grabbed the purse. "This is way big for a fairy.. wait a second." Fireflower had tried to act innocent, but there must've been panic in her eyes. Before she got to stand up, the guard had grabbed her arm and lifted her up.
"I accuse you of stealing, young lady", he said.
"No, that's my purse! Yes, I know that it might seem too big, but it's none of your business what size of purse I use."
"Well, I don't actually care about the size of the bag. It's just that there is a man standing behind you, and he signed me to grab you." He turned Fireflower around and there she saw a man, who smiled slyly.
"This is for you for helping to catch a criminal", the guard said and threw one of the coins from the bag to him. The man nodded and fled before Fireflower got to say anything. The man must've been following her, even though she didn't see nobody. Damn.

Fireflower was afraid that the eagle would show up and tell the guard everything.

Ice

The eagle was looking at the stone that she was about to buy. She heard what the girl; said and smiled. She then moved her bag and it was grabbed by the girl. She saw her take off and glared . It seemed she had been right about her. She tossed the stone to the table and took off after the girl. She flew with increasable speed after the girl.

She then lost sight of her for a few seconds. She glanced around and moved to see if she could find her. She knew that she could not have gotten far. As she turned the corner she saw the scene that was unfolding. She frowned and watched for a few seconds. The good nature of the bird just could not let the girl go to jail though. No matter how much she deseed it.

" so now you have gotten caught. Maybe I should let him take you to jail but I believe there might be another option. " Ventra stated to the fairy now. She then look to the guard and nodded. " indeed she is a thief but I press no charges"  she was going to get this girl back but not in a conventional way.

Valo

[Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long!]

Fireflower's heart was pounding. The guard was holding her arm, and she couldn't run anymore. It didn't take long until Ventra appeared, and landed in front of them. Fireflower could feel how the guard tightened his grip, wanting to make sure that justice is done and the thief doesn't escape. Thievery in Essyrn was something people would not tolerate. But the guar didn't know that the eagle was not local.

Ventra told, that she didn't want to press charges. The guard nodded and let got of the fairy's hand. He nodded and moved on, even though he didn't look pleased. He gave the purse back to the eagle and murmured something. There as an opportunity to catch a thief, but he didn't want to argue with the golden eagle. He turned from the corner and headed back to the market.

Fireflower stared to Ventra. For the first time in ages she felt ashamed, even though she never usually did. It was easy to trick the most kind ones, because they suspected nothing. But this bird was kind and wise at the same time. And fast, goddamn it.
"I'm sorry for what I did. But thief's got to do what thief's got to do", she said cocky and shrugged. "So now you want to give me a lesson, don't you? Teach me how to gain money in an honest way. Yeah, sure." But she didn't flee from the scene, but stood there waiting.

Ice

(Your fine dear :D)

Ventra watched the guard let go of the fairy. she did not really believe in locking others up. no you punished them by doing to them what they did to you. though she was not going to steal from the fairy. she had a better idea.

she then turned to the fairy and looked at her with her piercing blue eyes. " I understand that this is your job. however I for told that you would get killed in prison. that is why I let you go. I am not going to force you to be something you are not though." she said with a glare.

Valo

[Sorry again... Been searching for my inspiration.]

For the first time in a very long time Fireflower felt ashamed. The fairy lowered her gaze. That woman would've gotten her killed, but she saw what would happen and decided to rescue her beforehand.
"Well.. " she was trying to make up something really clever, but nothing came in mind. So she just lifted her gaze and smiled a bit. "Thank you". That was the most honest thank you she had said in her life. And then she said something she didn't believe she even could.
"Can I return the favour somehow? You just sorta kinda saved my life, so... you want a nice bunch of flowers or some chocolate or something?" She was really bad with these things.