Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tenth Ring - The Demon Plane (A Prince's Past)

Started by Jelenis Tythe, November 22, 2015, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jelenis Tythe

Relief flooded through Sabre as Ana found a way, he would work so very hard for her tomorrow, he would be the perfect Prince and practice his diction and his poise to her heart's content.  He would not have to face Abigor and that was good, how could he face him and not blush, the General's son would sense it a mile off and to make thing's worse he was coming into season.

No...he had to stay away from Abigor....well away.

Though as sleep claimed him he had loose thoughts that strayed into his sleep.

What would it be like if Abigor kissed his throat or pushed his shirt down over his shoulders and stroked his chest?

Parkway

Abigor woke and want should have been a wonderful morning wasn't.  He was more confused and just wanted to be left alone. 

He reached down and kissed her awake.  "As much as I'd love you to stay I need to get ready."

Abigor flipped the covers off and stood.  He helped her out of bed with promises of seeing her again.  None of those promises he planned to keep.  With Dee gone he got ready.  Smiling as he remembered last night and how Sabre changed his costing color to match his colors.  He found himself eager to see him again. 

He dressed in simple grey and purple.  Tying his hair back with a cloth to keep them from falling into his eyes.  He'd sit up a few targets and arrange the gallery so it is like a course.  This would help Sabre with multiple enemy attacks.   Of course he'd run it by Master Zenethor.

He found himself hurrying to the armory to see to his daily chores before training. 

He stopped by the kitchen and chatted with a few.  They all wondered what had gotten into the general's son, he was actually in a good mood.  One of the chamber maids whispered he had spent the night with Lady Deede maybe love was in the air.  Now Abigor spent many a night with many a partner but he had never seemed so chipper the next day so soon all the lower staff was humming about how Lord Abigor had a Lady Love in Deede.

Had he known he would have been absolutely furious. 

Jelenis Tythe

As Abigor had woken bright and chipper, Prince Sabre woke in the opposite way.  He looked pale and drawn as if he had not slept well and in truth he had tossed and turned all night and worse still the season was upon him.

He gave a soft groan and turned over in his bed and buried his head in his pillow and gave a sob.

"Not now....why now!"

At least he would not have to go to the gallery today, Ana had promised him that, perhaps two days even.  It would be worse to face Abigor now, the General's son would pick up the scent of the Season emanating from him and that would send him into a frenzy.  Deep down inside part of Sabre wanted to do just that....to see what would happen, but it would be so very wrong.

He slowly sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes, Ana would be in any moment to wake him, she would scent it too.  Hopefully she would go easy on him....then he remembered he had promised to meet Lord Kora in the Great Library later...Kora would not be interested in any of that....he just wanted to look at books....so he should be alright there.

Parkway

Abigor went through his day finding that he was looking forward to seeing Sabre and showing him a few new moves.  Perhaps afterwards he would join him and return the book on Rune Lore and begin his next lesson?  He was looking forward to it.

Ana had woken up and requested for a nursemaid to come, Lui entered the Prince's chambers.  Once she had shown Lui where things were should the Prince need anything she went off to find Master Zenethor.

Going to Prince Sabre's bedchamber she opened the door softly.  He was on his side and she couldn't tell if he was resting or not but the scent that filtered over her was as old and familiar as time.  The poor boy was in season. 

She went to his study knocked and announced herself waiting for him to grant her entry.  "Master Zenethor may I please have a word with you."

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor was surprised to see Ana, pleased but a bit surprised.

"Of course please do come in Ana...can I get you anything."

Zenethor had a possible inkling of why she might be here, but he would hear what she had to say.

Parkway

She entered and sat across the great demon.  "No m'lord but thank you."  She wanted to get right down to the root of her visit.

"The Prince will not be able to join you today or tomorrow in the gallery."  She smiled and she knew they were safe from even the King in Zenethor's space so she smiled and went forth with the truth.

"I will keep him close it turns out his is in season.  Something happens at the bonfires to make him feel this way.  Though he did not say it in words nor was he marked in anyway.  But, something happened.  He worries the rest of the demons will only see him through eyes of lust and then discard him when through."

She took a calm breath before continuing. 

"If asked why he did not attend it is because he did not finish his doctrine.  It is highly important for the Prince to master this skill.  Though I've no doubt as I am sure you do not that he will, this is the reason once his father asks why."  She smiled at the wise demon.

"I hope you are in agreement with this decision." 

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor frowned, so the Prince had heard Abigor's thoughts after all.  Likely his Pupil has picked up on the subtle changes in the Prince's scent before he had come into season that would explain his behaviour.

"You were wise to bring this to me Ana, I will let the Prince have his couple of days. Try to keep him im his rooms, it would be for the best!"

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre knew he should get up but he just did not want to....he did not want to face anyone whilst he was in season, they did not need to speak to him, their looks said all there was to say usually.  He finally sat up and took a breath, he should wash and dress, then he supposed that Ana would have breakfast waiting for him in the room next door...then he was at her mercy all day for lessons of the doctrine.

They were not so bad....a bit boring...but bearable.

He went to the basin and poured some water and washed himself and then went to his wardrobe to find something to wear.  He settle on a dark charcoal grey pale of breeches and black boots, matched with a lighter silvery grey silk shirt and a waistcoat of the same charcoal grey as the breeches but threaded with silver too.

He headed out into the main room and found not Ana as he would have expected but her second...Lui.

"Good Morning Lui." He said softly and took his place at the small table by the window.

Parkway

Ana nodded.  "Thank you Master Zenethor, I knew I could count on your level head."  She rose and then bowed.  "I shall be going.  And I will do as you suggested and keep him in his wing."  The nursemaid exited and in her usual brisk and efficient manner headed towards the kitchen for herself before returning to the Prince.

Abigor was anxious.  He did all he was supposed to and some.  When finally he could head over to the gallery to prepare he stopped by Master Zenethor's study first to request permission to set up the drill session.

Knocking he announced himself and waited for the demon to allow him to enter.  When he gave consent Abigor did.

Abigor nodded and sat across taking the same chair that Ana had vacated a few hours before.  "Master Zenethor, sorry to interrupt your work but I wanted to ask permission to set up a drill session for today.  I think after last night I saw and understood what you meant.  In fact I think we might become good friends, like my father and the King."   His voice was that of a young demon, not the adult he was becoming, it was eager.  It was as if ten years lifted away.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor sat back and listened as Abigor spoke and he folded his arms across his chest.

"Tell me Abigor did you realise this when you admiring his rear on the way back to the castle or when you thought about dragging him and the female you were with into the woods and ravishing them both?" He asked sternly.

He would treat Abigor like an adult, he would have the truth.

"We will not be training with Prince today...nor tomorrow....he is in season and somewhat distressed, he read you last night Abigor....he is confused."

Parkway

So Master Zenethor knew as did the Prince.  He flushed.  He wasn't above feeling embarrassment, but it was more so that he wished Sabre hadn't heard.  Not because he didn't wish him to know but that he had wished to say it to him.

"I do not understand myself Master."  He looked up at Zenethor his eyes swimming with confusion.   "We were dancing, I mean Deede and I when he was sitting on a bench with Lord Kora.  He was absolutely the most beautiful demon I've ever laid eyes on.  When Lady Jana wanted to dance with him I felt a surge of jealously."  He had not realized he was trembling but he was.  "I tried to fight it.  I told myself to stop yet it wouldn't.  I did not act nor will I Master Zenethor.  I know my thoughts were unjust.  He didn't mean to provoke them.  I won't say it will never happen again but I will be sure to mask them from now on."

He had kept Master Zenethor's gaze, but closed his eyes just now trying to clear his thoughts.  "I truly don't know what came over me.  But it was different this time."

Jelenis Tythe

"Abigor." Zenethor said firmly.

"He is the Prince....he will not be a conquest, the young man is terrified enough that is all he is seen as!"

He shook his head.

"He is meant to meet Kora today to go to the library, the Prince will not be able to but you will take Kora, The Prince would be upset if the promise of seeing it was not kept."

Zenethor sat back and regarded his favoured pupil with a critical eye, his own father would not be too pleased at his son's thoughts either.

"Guard your thought my boy...I understand you are young, the Prince is attractive...but he is an incubus...desire itself...but he is also innocent and unworldly, try to hide what you feel from him!"

Parkway

"Yes, I will guard them.  You will not have to worry of them."  As he mentioned Lord Kora he nodded.  "Will it be okay?  I mean he won't be there, or how will I know he won't?"

He sat there and was started by the fact that he was disappointed he wouldn't see Sabre today...or tomorrow for that matter!  Wow, how did he do such a change in just one day?  "Master Zenethor, I have his Rune Lore book.  I finished it.  Should I leave it in the library?"  He wasn't sure if this meant the Prince wouldn't show him.  "Should I not go to him for lessons?"

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor growled softly in exasperation had he heard nothing.

"Abigor, he will be nowhere that you are!" It was said a little more sharply.

"Take Kora to the library, leave the book where it was given to you.....you will not engage the Prince...you will not go to him....do I make myself clear!"

Sabre sat eating his food but pushed it away after a few bites, last night had been very confusing and he was still trying to make sense of what he had heard from Abigor and how it made him feel. Part of him was excited and wanted to hear more.....that was because of the season so he thought. The other part of him was terrified of what would happen if his father found out.  Lui looked anxiously at the uneaten food and the pale colour of the prince....did the physician need to be called? She would speak to Ana on her return she knew the Prince better than anyone she had raised him since the birthing that killed his mother.

Parkway

The general's son nodded.  "Yes, Master Zenethor."  He stood and waited to be excused.  Once he was he left his thoughts were a mass of confusion.  What happened?  Was all he could keep thinking.

Abigor made his way to the gallery to expel some pent up energy.  He didn't understand why he had those thoughts because he knew no matter what he would never act on them.  Master Zenethor expected him to hold his honor and he would never give the demon cause to be discouraged with him.  Yet he felt since meeting the Prince on a more personal level it was all he has done.

The poor target dummies were savagely tore up.  He was panting and sweating.  But beginning to feel a bit more in control of his emotional state.   He wasn't ready to quit and so he continued.  As he worked he was unaware of his father watching.  The General was pleased that his son mastered his craft so well.  It also pleased him to no end that his mind was sharp and he could understand the need for strategy.  But, it displeased him that he was still very fiery.  His temper needed to be controlled better.  One thing a demon in his position was to control his urges.  All of them.  He would need to speak with Abigor.  So he waited.  Once the demon was cleaning up his father would join him and they could discuss m

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre had left his breakfast and gone to sit in the small day room that adjoined his suite.  He was going over the laws of Kingship in a large and very old tome that Ana had him read from often. His mind was elsewhere though, wondering how Abigor was taking the news that he would not be joining the General's son and Master Zenethor today.  He knew that Abigor had likely gone to Deede last night and he could not help but wonder what they had done together and had Abigor thought of him whilst they had?

He shook his head and tried harder to concentrate on the page that he was on, but the harder he tried the more the words seem to slip from him.  Ana would not be pleased at his lack of learning today...she had been known to be cross at him....even punished him once or twice!  Maybe she might go easy on him especially if Lui reported he was off his food.

Then his mind slipped to Kora....he was meant to meet him later at the library...he would be so disappointed!

Sabre closed his eyes and tried to fight the urge to throw the book across the room....why was everything so difficult!

Parkway

Ana came back and Lui alerted her to the Prince's condition, that of not really eating.  She asked if the physician should be called.  Ana shook her head no and sighed a bit.  Ana patted the nursemaid and told her not to worry this was normal.

She went into the day room without knocking.  "Prince Sabre, you will need to tell me what is bothering you.  I cannot assist if you don't open to me."  Her voice was firm but caring.

"I see something more is bothering you.   You can trust me Prince."  With that she sealed the door.  She was concerned for him but more because of his emotional state.  He seemed to her for the first time fragile.

---------

Abigor was soaked with sweat.  It ran down his face, stung his eyes, and stained his shirt.  He put the weapon away and immediately went to clean up.  This is when his father entered.

"Abigor, please let me help you.  I watched today.  Your form is quite good my son.  It swells me with pride to watch you."  He smiled at the young demon, who's purple eyes were shimmering with confusion.

"Thank you father."  His voice was low and even.

They cleaned the gallery to Master Zenethor's standards together.  Both were quiet as they worked.

It was the son who broke the silence.  "Why are you here?" 

The General softened a bit.  He could tell his son was not himself and possibly now was not a good time to discuss matters.  "Is something wrong my son?  You do not seem yourself?"   He noticed the confusion.

"Not now father, please."  Abigor looked away.

"Yes, now.  I will not ask again if you do not give it willingly...  Well you know I have my ways."  The demon was intimidating. 

"I think inadvertently offended Prince Sabre.  My thoughts, I tried to fight them but the kept.  He saw them and they weren't good.  Not good at all."  He looked ashamed, his voice filled with hurt.

The General stood still, not an affectionate demon.  He also had no illusions about his son and knew what type of thoughts he had, by a guess only.  He would need to speak with Master Zenethor.  For now he needed to ease his son's pain and confusion.

"Abigor, stand proud.  I won't have you being like this.  Weakened.  Own your thoughts maybe now you will guard them better in future.  Was your first thought to harm him or protect him?"

"Protect!  Never while I am near him will harm befall."  Abigor stood straighter, his voice a bit strengthen.

"Then you need not be ashamed."  He patted his son's shoulders.  "I need to go son, remember what I said."  He nodded and left his son's side.

Abigor felt a little better but still it bothered him that the Prince wouldn't be around the next two days.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre flushed at her question and shifted uncomfortably, Ana could read him like a book, always had done.  He felt ashamed that he had certain thoughts about Abigor, it was wrong and if his father found out he would be thoroughly whipped by his hand and locked up and never see anyone ever again.

"Ana.....I wondered what it might feel like if Abigor did what he thought." He said slowly, his voice lowered with shamed.

"I found myself wanting to tease him with the scent of my season!" He chewed his lip anxiously, tears filling his eyes.

"Please do not tell my father Ana......please.....I am sorry I will not think it any more I promise!"

His father would send Abigor away.....far away......and what he would do to his own son would be wrathful.  Sabre had been punished by his father before and it had been brutal and that had been over something minor!

Parkway

Ana let out a whistle.  This was a thought in the back of her head.  She also knew his father would be furious.  Silence would be best where that was concerned.

"Prince Sabre, you have my trust and my word it will never be spoke of to your father by me.  Before I unseal this room just be very careful.  I understand you are young and all your age experiment.  It is natural.  What isn't allowed...is it to be obvious.  You are a Prince and even I expect you to conduct yourself as such that brings honor to your name, title, and crown."  She got up and knelled next to him as her arms wrapped around Sabre.  It was more of a mother gesture of comfort.  "There is nothing wrong with you and I will confess something to you, something you cannot tell your father.  SO you know I won't break my word."

She cleared her throat and felt this would help ease any feeling he may have of her going to his father.  "I often thought if he would allow you to indulge more in your demon side, be the incubus you are it would be healthier for you.  But alas he does not agree.  He fears that something may happen to you and he will lose you as he did your mother.  So now we are even.  We both have a secret."  She kissed the crown of his head and sat back down.

In a much softer voice, "Prince Sabre it is natural.  Feel what you feel.  Act on it as well, but be sure it is only when it is safe to do so.  Also block even your father from reading your mind.  I know you've been able to since you were a babe.  So gifted you are."  She meant that Sabre far excelled others in so many areas and it swelled her with pride.

She unsealed the room.  Smiled at him.  "Head up Prince.  Now.....where are we in this book?  Hmm?"

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre grinned and kissed her lightly and fondly on the cheek.

"Thank you Nana Ana." He said ever so sweetly.

He turned to the book and showed her the page he had already read.

"King's Law." He said softly.

"I was reading it and whilst it is absolute in most cases sometimes it pays to be flexible I think."

He guarded his thoughts now, it was like an iron curtain that went up round his mind shutting everyone out of it, he was unreadable to everyone, even Ana.

"Ana....I feel much better, I think I will go and exercise in the gallery for a little bit, Zenethor and Abigor will have finished by now and I want to show Kora the library later." He said in a soft purr.

He rose and bowed to her and turned to saunter into his bedroom, he wanted to change into clothes more fitting for sword play. He chose his black leather breeches and a shirt of the same midnight black in silk.  He pulled on his soft black leather boots, over the top of his shirt he wore a vestment of silvery metal links, almost like mail, it clung to him like a second skin, light as anything for it's wearer for it was enchanted.

He turned to look at himself in the mirror and he gave a grin, he did look rather handsome, the silver and the black showed off his moonlight hair to perfection as well as is onyx eyes.

"Very well Master Abigor!" He thought to himself.

"I'll give you something to get in a lather about!"