Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tenth Ring - The Demon Plane (A Prince's Past)

Started by Jelenis Tythe, November 22, 2015, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

Abigor had stayed up far too late.  After Alli had left he was still restless and so he opened the book.  It was a child's reader.  But, it held a wealth of beginner's knowledge.  So he reread it once more. 

He finally got himself together and instead of heading straight to the training gallery he stopped by the barracks.  He whispered to two of his friends Lord Kora and Uric whom smiled and nodded.  He straightened up and in his usual aggressive stride. 

Upon entering the gallery he noticed Sabre already in his stance with Master Zenethor coaching him.  He strode to the weapons rack pulled his sword and moved towards the training dummies.  He stretched and took a few practice swings.  Through his eyes kept sliding over to the duo.  Every so often he would catch Sabre's eye and with a huge grin he'd wink.

Taking a clean light blue cloth he tied his hair back.  He went through his drills.  Counting his steps and his turns.  Every so often going over to the dummy and inspecting where his sword had pierced the bullseye.  Sometimes he growled in displeasure and sometimes he nodded with a smile.

Two demons entered the gallery one with vibrant red hair the other with inky black like Abigor's.  Lord Kora the dark haired demon bowed eloquently at the Prince as did Lord Uric.  Lord Kora spoke.  "Pleasure Prince Sabre.  Do you mind if we join your training? I am not sure you remember us.  I am Lord Kora and this is Lord Uric.  You may remember us from enchantments.  Lady Fern taught us back then."  He smiled though there was a hint of something else shimmering in his dark eyes.  Both Lords waited for Master Zenethor and Price Sabre's okay before advancing upon the weapons rack. 

Jelenis Tythe

When the two older Lords, Abigor's friends entered the Training Gallery, Sabre's face paled visibly.  Why would they be here unless Abigor had invited them....had he told them?  Had they had a good laugh about it?

"I do remember you My Lord Kora....though I did not stay in Lady Fern's class for long, my ability was apparent and I was given private tuition very quickly." He said trying not to show that he was disconcerted by their arrival.

"As for you remaining I suppose that is entirely up to Master Zenethor, if he permits it then I have no issue with it."

Zenethor looked from the Lords to Sabre and then to Abigor who was smirking across the way.  There was more here than met the eye, likely to do with last night as both Lords were with Abigor in the tavern...so his spies informed him.

"I have no problems with you remaining...but you will practice over there and do not interfere in my lesson...do I make myself understood."

Zenethor turned back to Sabre.

"Now that Abigor has arrived....shall we look at your attack my Prince...Abigor will tutor you whilst I keep an eye on Kora and Uric....I would see they have not become sloppy lazing about the barracks!"

Parkway

Abigor tried to appear as if Lord Kora and Uric's visit was just a lucky coincidence.  But he could see Master Zenethor saw right through him.  Yet he just grinned wider, rising his eyebrows and gave a look as to say I am innocent....

"Ah yes...Prince Sabre.  How delightful to see you so early this morning.  I fear I was out late helping a wayward wonder back to safety.  Pity too for he was such an interesting fellow.  One I would have liked to have gotten to know better.  Tsk...Tsk..."  His smile was wicked and yet at the same time playful even.  "Poor Ana had to see to my tightened muscles.  Her hands are magic, have you let her rub you yet?"  So innocent the question yet how deliciously not.   

"Ana is quite a dear you know.  Do not let on but I feel I love her more than my own mother.  Must be all the rubbing.  Sorry we disturbed your sweet, innocent dreams."   All the while he spoke he prepared himself and once ready he singled to Sabre.  "Okay please show your attack Prince Sabre."

He wasn't sure if his teasing would have any effect on him.  The Prince seemed last night scared, nervous, and of all things innocently curious.  This slightly bothered him...for he couldn't get a read on the Prince.  One minute he felt him wanting to be closer and the next he felt as if he thought him disgusting.  He wondered if Master Zenethor would whip him today.  Maybe he would let the Prince watch or better yet maybe he would get to witness another of the Prince's thrashings...no matter what he knew one of them was going to leave with a sore rump.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre just smiled wryly, he was not going to let anything show.

"To be honest...I don't tend to get injured in the way that requires that sort of attention." He said smoothly.

"And I am surprised you would want to get to know anyone from what I hear...I understand your...friendships are somewhat shortlived once you have gotten to know people." He said smiling brightly.

He could play Abigor at this game if that was what he wanted, he took up a stance opposite the General's son.  He held the blade a  lot more softly than he had the day before, and when he attacked Abigor, he was viper quick and light on his feet.

Zenethor watched the pair from the corner of his eye and shook his head, he knew what Abigor wanted, he had known him long enough and he would deny it to him this day.  Let him go unfulfilled in whatever cruelty he was about.  Sabre whilst acting feisty was full of trepidation, but he was doing well, and his movement was supple and smooth, he had turned up early and was sticking up for himself which were all goods signs.

He would speak to Abigor privately afterwards, it was high time he was put in his place would a good down to earth scolding from a man he regarded as his father more than his own actual father.

Parkway

Abigor chuckled.  "I am surprised someone of your character listens to idol gossip."  He mocked indignation.  The Prince certainly was a spit fire this was for sure!  Fast on his feet and he noted how his held the sword.  His grip loose but firm.  He smiled.  Yes, he was a fast learner.  He also noted he was not weak either.  As they clashed he became acutely aware of just how supple and desirable the Prince's body was. 

Abigor blocked and as he did he repeated what he was doing so the Prince could watch for the moves the next time around.  "You can tell your enemy will use this move as you attack watch how my shoulders roll.  It is a telltale sign one you will witness countless times."  They separated and Abigor let the point of his sword run across the prince's inner thigh.  "You may want to try getting injured sometime it may delight you to no end..."

They once again took their positions.  "Now again, you already know what to look for so right before you strike turn to your left and you will easily slay your foe.  There by avoiding my block."  He turned slightly and gestured for him to come forward.

Parkway

Lord Kora and Uric took their swords to the opposite end and after a few stretches began to spar.  They kept as quite as two could who were doing such an exercise.  In their demon way Kora spoke to Uric. "Do you think he will do it? The Prince?   I don't.  I think Prince Sabre is doing this for show.  Everybody knows his father wishes to bed him himself.  Keep him in his ivory tower.  This is a waste of Abigor's time.  We should be doing drills of the battlefield for waring is not easing with the fifth."

Where Kora was more prone to outburst Uric was no.  He was calculated.  He loved the thrill of the chase more so than the object once it is begotten.  "I think this is quite interesting Kora.  If we all get him to sneak out with us.  Think of the havoc we could pull.  The bonfires of the solstice is a perfect back drop.  Besides Abigor only wants him to have fun.  What is harm in meeting some of the women who would love to show him some?  I think Abigor is right.  I do not think our Price has ever been touched in his entire 18 seasons...if you can believe that!  And do not speak of such things as his father.  Whatever the King wants he can have, including his son."

While they spoke neither demon tried to cover what they were saying.  Abigor was engrossed with training, the Prince seemed the same and they simply didn't even think of Master Zenethor listening in.  But any of them could have listened. 

They worked off each other parry, strike, and block.  Until the notice the two on the other side and watched as they spared.  They made a striking pair.  A striking pair of power and energy.  Very addictive they could be with Sabre as rule and Abigor his enforcer. 

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre smiled wryly at Abigor's words and rose above his double meanings, wanting to learn more about the sword and defeating his enemy.

"Getting injured may suit you My Lord....but it does not interest me....if I get injured it will be because I was sloppy or I was bettered by my opponent." He said coldly.

His dark eyes were constantly watching Abigor, looking for openings and whilst the Lord was running off his smart mouth, he saw it, he move quite delicately yet so fast, he slipped up and under Abigor's guard and his blade rested against his heart.

"I learn fast Lord Abigor." He said in a slow and deliberate voice.

"I learned Magic fast, Runes faster, this will be no different....I am no weakling or shirker, I will not be intimidated, not by you...not by your friends."

Zenethor looked over to see the Prince's blade at Abigor's heart, the young Prince was coolly holding himself but not backing down.  This would surely inflamed Abigor to anger!

"Sabre! Well done...now back down....you have given Abigor something to think on...he will not take his skill nor your newness to it for granted again I think!"

Zenethor had heard every words between Kora and Uric....it seemed that those two would be joining Abigor after class to be put in their place and all three of them would be carrying out drills long into the night!

Parkway

Sloppy!  Did he think one became scarred by being sloppy!  Then the blade touching him.  How dare him!  The little bitch.  That was all he really was...  Abigor raked his eyes over the smug Prince.  He hisses the word..."Bitch...just one for others pleasure."  Referring to the innuendos that circled the castle how his beauty made other lust for him and the even more scandalous ones of his own father wanting to possess him.  His temper which had often gotten him into trouble was flaring.  He heard Master Zenethor's cooling and temperate tone.  It was the only thing holding him together.

Nostrils flared.  He hissed in a low, clear voice.  "Here I protect you.  Teach you.  And you think one tiny move like this will over power me?  Do you think in a real battle by now you would not be carved into pieces?  My minions eating you?  Do not cross me Prince Sabre.  Your father will not always be watching you!"  His eyes glowed in anger.

He threw his sword in defiance at the Princes feet and went to leave the room.  His chest rose and fell with a fury of a raging storm.   But he would have to pass Master Zenethor to do so.  Had he looked into the Master's eyes he would have known that was probably not going to be allowed.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor was not impressed by the display of his favoured pupil acting more like a spoiled brat.

"Abigor....you will calm yourself, pick up that weapon and go back to Sabre....he had you fair and square, so stop the hysterics and concede that you were bested!" He said coolly.

He had also heard the words spat in anger as well.

"You will also apologise to the Prince for your words to him.....unfounded and unfair!" He said his tone brooking no argument.

"Once this lesson is done you, Kora and Uric will remain behind, I would speak to all three of you!"

Parkway

Abigor stopped in midstride.  He was a hare's breath from losing all control.  His neck pulsed.  The rage he felt was pliable.  To refuse Master Zenethor in front of others was not something one did.  It was a matter of disrespect to the Master.  He was that for a reason.  But apologize to that sniveling brat?  No...no...never.  He wouldn't...With his back to the foursome.  It took him a moment to control himself.  Thankfully Master gave him a moment. 

He turned.  Faced them all and with an almost sickeningly sweet stare he bounded back over to Prince Sabre.  He bowed eloquently, took the Prince's hand to his lips almost like how human lords did to their ladies or mistresses.  He kissed it softly and released it.  Abigor next picked up his sword and stood to his full towering height.  "Your highness...my Prince.  Please forgive me for having the power to insult you.  Sometimes my temper does get me into trouble.  I will be mindful of your sensitives."  His voice held no animosity, in fact it was strangely congenial.  But those eyes...Those purple eyes shimmered with a rage that whispered of unspeakable things.

He took a step back lowered his head.  "Master Zenethor is right you bested me fairly.  I will be mindful of it in the future."  His tone a bit more himself.  When he looked up his eyes seemed to be back to normal.  Just a slight trickle of perspiration was all that seemed to hint at him feeling anything but thoroughly apological.

Looking at Master Zenethor he nodded, "As you wish Master.  We are here to serve you."

Abigor was brewing inside.  No matter what the Prince would pay for his little display of courage.  He would delight in the moment it happened too.  Prancing around the tavern and then practically begging for help.  Abigor narrowed his eyes, next time he wouldn't be so helpful.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre just nodded as Abigor made his apology.

"Thank you my Lord....Apology accepted." He said softly, knowing Abigor had almost forced each word behind his congeniality.

Zenethor nodded and then dismissed Sabre.

"Your lesson is over for today my Prince." He said firmly.

Sabre left quietly and somewhat subdued as the Master beckoned the three older Lords forward.

"Gentlemen, I need to report to the King on Sabre's progress, I wondered which one of you wanted to accompany me to enlighten the King on your thoughts that he covets his son unnaturally?"

He said it in all seriousness, not jesting at all.

"Oh....you would be arrested for treason.....but no matter." He walked behind the trio.

"The King lost his wife and mate, Sabre is all he has left....all that remains of her.....he clings possessively to his son terrified he may lose him.....that the Fifth might make an attempt on his life....and you spoiled brats make spiteful comments just because you don't understand!"

He came back round the front of them.

"I am ashamed....I expected better from all three of you.....the Prince is sheltered.....but he is smart, gentle, feisty' trying hard to fit in...as you have seen, he is the best of us.....he will be your King.....and I think he will be a great King....and the only word you can find for him is bitch!"

He shook his head.

"So you have a choice....cut the lad some slack, keep your mouths shut with regard to the King...or find out what happens to those who speak treason!"

He took a breath.

"All of you are denied Liberty....you will not attend the Bonfires of Solstice.....you will be carrying out battle drills!"

Parkway

Abigor smiled.  Not one of the friendly types he would normally bestow on his comrades or Master.  One which spoke of anger. 

Lord Kora and Uric nodded.  Both less than pleased themselves but none of the three would ever speak back to Master Zenethor. 
"If I may Master Zenethor."  Abigor bowed his head.  "You know of what is said."  His voice started low but as soon as he started to speak he closed up.  Turning to Lord Kora and Uric, "would you please wait outside?"  Both looked at Master Zenethor before exiting, but they remained right by the door.  They knew better than to hide.

Once the door closed Abigor released his emotion to the only one he could, Master Zenethor.  "I did call him that, you are right.  A bitch.  That is all he is...you should have seen him as I did.  Last night!"  His voice started slow but grew with emotion he was no longer bound to keep in check.  ""If I had not recognized him for who he was I cannot tell you I would not have raped that boy.  He escaped Master Zenethor last night was at the tavern.  I –we"  He gestured to the two demon standing outside.  "Called him over and then something hit me a smattering of silvery hair."  He stopped but just to catch his breath.   "What if I had not been there?  No, no...I refuse to give him sympathy or coddle him like everybody else does.  If he wished to be with us he would, Master Zenethor.  But, he was forced to come here.  You know it is true.  I give him my secrets and show him skill yet he is allowed to treat me as such.  Well you can be sure I will mind what I say in front of him.  Wouldn't want to make him cry.  I will also not assist him if he feels the need to go sneaking about.  I will let him suffer the consequences of his own actions...just as I am now.  It was all my idea Lord Kora and Uric had nothing to do with it, it is I who should be punished." 

He had spoken in bursts his voice raising and then by the end to come out in a low defeated tone.  One he had never used before.  But then he had never been bested before either.  His pride hurt.  Only made worse that it was done so in the company of others.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor was deathly silent throughout the whole tirade after Kora and Uric left the room.  He was disappointed in Abigor, he thought the General's son would be more graceful in his temporary defeat by a novice, encourage the young man with praise...not this...self pity and vitriol.

"I am ashamed of you!" He said coldly.

"Did you think I would leave him to danger in the street!  Did you think I would allow harm to come to him!"

He rose to his full height towering over Abigor, he backhanded him across the face.

"He went out because he was curious to see what other people his age did.  He ended up in that tavern because he did not know any better, he has no knowledge of the streets outside the castle!"

He was cold in his anger, like frost, like ice.

"I was testing you Abigor....I thought for one moment you might actually overcome your ways to help him because you wanted to...because you understood your duty as his protectorate...this is not about coddling him...this was about being his friend....being his guardian.  The boy was not sneaking....he just wanted to be among people...but not get recognised! He cannot help what he is...nor that you and your friends think with your breeches!"

He turned his gaze to where he knew the other two were waiting outside.

"You friends out there are just as guilty, I saw their thoughts...nothing is hidden from me in here, what they spoke about the king was TREASON!"

He turned his furious gaze back to Abigor.

"This is not about him being outside...this is not about him disguising himself....this is your pride...your wounded pride...and I had you down as better than that!"

Zenethor had no qualms about speaking his mind to Abigor and facing his temper, the General might be choosy what he said....but he would not be.

Parkway

Abigor could have been like most and coward.  But that wasn't who he was.  Abigor owned his poor decisions as well as his good ones.  He should have known Master Zenethor knew.  He was thoroughly chastised, yet he still seethed.

He took his punishment when the backhand came.  He stood and took it. 

"Did I not bring him home?  As soon as I detected who he really was my only thought was to get him home safely.  I understand my protectorate.  The real question here is does he?"

The demon's pride was wounded.  He at this moment hated Sabre.  Yet he didn't...all his life he had been programmed to serve and protect him.  How could he hate him.  He would not look down or away he kept his gaze on Master Zenethor, up...always keep your head up.  "I am more sorry for your disappointment Master, he has not earned my respect so I cannot just give it over.  If this lessens me in your eyes I know not how to fix that."

He was concerned over Master Zenethor's opinion.  He valued his more than anyone.  "As for the things said you know I will not let that foster."

He went to say more but stopped.  Master wanted them to be friends.  Abigor was nothing if not loyal and if Master Zenethor wanted it he would see it was done.  "You have my word if it kills me I will befriend him.  I still believe he is spoilt but perhaps spending time with him will open my eyes."

It wasn't as easy as he made it sound.  No, but he would give it his all.

Jelenis Tythe

It was many hours later, early evening in fact as Zenethor sat in his study pondering over the events of the past day, when there was a soft knock at his door. 

"Enter!" He called out, and was more than surprised when it open and Sabre stepped in closing the door behind himself.

"Can we speak Master Zenethor?" He asked shyly.

Zenethor gestured to a chair by the fire and the young man slid himself into it and regarded him anxiously.

" I am sorry!" Sabre blurted out.

"I didn't mean to get you angry with Abigor.....I am sorry I made him angry too....he hates me more now it seems."

The old Master sat back and listened quietly as the Prince unburdened himself, Zenethor did actually understand the Prince as he did Abigor, the Prince was coming of age, alone, isolated from his peers by an over protective, overbearing father, he was curious about the world, desperate to make friends.

"I just tried to fight to prove myself.....I seem to have made him furious now!"

Zenethor shook his head.

"You did no less than expected Sabre, if you had not taken that opening I would have seen it and whipped you for not doing so....you are learning....Abigor should have swallowed his damn pride and praised you....not belittle you as he did."

Sabre stared at the floor and shrugged.

"I also went out last night....I almost got into a situation.....he helped me.....Master please.....did you punish him Kora and Uric?" He asked earnestly.

Zenethor now looked curiously at the Prince.

"I did.....I have ended their liberty to go to the Bonfires of Solstice."

Sabre closed his eyes....they would all hate him now, they had been stopped from going to the event that every demon wanted to be at.  He had heard about the revels and feasting, it sounded fun.

"Please let them go......I will take their punishment....I won't be allowed to go anyway....The King never lets me go....even escorted.

Zenethor smiled, if only Abigor knew how unspoilt the Prince actually was.....how desperately he wanted to be liked and have a friend.

"That will be a long punishment Sabre.....all three were to miss the event and carry out battle drills....that would make it all night for you....under my eye!"

Sabre nodded, his face determined, he would do it.

"Very well my Prince.....I Will send word to all three their punishment is rescinded and that they may go...shall I say why?" Zenethor asked.

Sabre shook his head.

"No....Abigor will just think I am pulling rank or something.....it would just give him another reason to hate me more." He said softly.

"Thank you for listening Master......I just wish more people did.....I cannot help who or what I am....I wish I wasn't the Prince sometimes."

He went to rise and Zenethor rose and caught his wrist.

"You are a worthy successor Sabre and a good young man.....too good for a demon.....now get back to your room...Ana will be fretting over where you have gotten too."

Jelenis Tythe

A messenger went straight to the barracks where Abigor, Kora and Uric sat all in the foulest of moods.

"My Lords, a message from Lord Zenethor...your punishment is rescinded, you are at liberty to go where you want and to attend the Bonfires when they are held." He said, anxious to be away from the three Lords.

It was rare that Zenethor ever took a punishment back which meant another was taking it in their place.

Parkway

The trio cleaned the gallery as expected.  They didn't talk much there wasn't much to say.  All three were deep in their own thoughts and mulling over their own opinions.  Abigor had not told his comrades what happened last night.  They still thought the mysterious incubi was passing through and happened to spend the night with Abigor.

As they walked to the barracks in silence it was Lord Kors who spoke first.  "Let's just forget about talking the Prince anywhere, if we even try it will likely end up with him hooking us with Master Zenethor." 

"No, I gave my word to Master Zenethor, now I have to do what I can.  Nonetheless he doesn't get off the hook.  I will not go easy on him.  That wouldn't do either of good anyway."  Abigor was caught up after that in his own thoughts.  As the other two hashed out the day's events.

It was after they ate that the massager arrived, he found them in a very agitated state.   As the day wore on the mood just became even more intensified.  When Uric took the note from the massager he nearly ripped it.  He had to read it twice to make sure his eyes went playing tricks on him.  Then he read it aloud.  All three stood for a minute in silence.

It was only a minute before Kora and Uric were now anxious to prepare for the evening.  But, Abigor wasn't.  His mood sour at best.  Something nagging him.  When it came time to ready himself he headed for his chambers.  What should have been a good time was not so much.  He bathed and then set to put on his evening clothes.  But midway dressing, he practically tore them off.  Growling as he did.  Instead he put on his full battle armor. 

A quick note was dispatched to Lord Kora and Lord Uric letting them know he would be detained and to go on ahead without him.  They didn't do anything it was he who had them come so really it was he that should be punished.  His sense of honor and loyalty overtook him.  Master Zenethor had handed down his punishment, he would see it through.  It was what had to be done.

He made his way to the battle drills and he expected three demons working them, but no only one was there.  As he approached he almost didn't believe his eyes.  The Prince?  What?  He shook his head and nodded.  "Evening Prince Sabre.  What is my detail for the evening?  Or should I check with the commander on duty?"  He was insolent, or unfriendly.  He was pleasant, respectfully of tone and was giving the Prince his rank priority by asking him first his detail.  It would go in an order of sorts and right now the Prince was his higher rank and no one in sight above him.  Not that many were, the King, the General, and Master Zenethor...possibly Ana if her mood caught right (this of course was more respect for the nursemaid). 

He stood his purple eyes shielded by his armor for which he was glad.  The Prince!  What was the meaning of this?

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre looked from the task he had been set by Zenethor, he was cleaning boots, he didn't care he liked the menial task, it allowed him time to think.

"I thought you would be going to the Bonfires." He said softly wiping a hand across his cheek, dirt smearing the soft skin.

He lowered his eyes and kept working not wanting to further antagonise the Lord who had called him a bitch earlier.

It was Zenethor who broke the silence.

"Good question Sabre....why are you here Abigor, your punishment was rescinded!"

Parkway

Abigor stood still.  The way he sat he could have been any demon really.  Not the king's son.  At Master Zenethor's voice he removed his helmet.  Turned and nodded.  "Master Zenethor.  Pardon me but you gave me a punishment one I fully intend to uphold.  No matter what other arrangements were made." 
He was beginning to get an idea of what had happened now but without his judgement until he found out why.  "So either I get assigned a detail or I stand here, this is where I will be tonight.   I mean no disrespect but a true warrior takes his punishments as well as his accolades"

He stood there half expecting another backhand.  But, it mattered not his sense of honor would not allow another to take his place.

Jelenis Tythe

Zenethor gave a bemused smile and gestured to six raw recruits trying to figure out one piece of armour from another.

"Well make yourself useful Abigor and sort them out if you are staying!" He said, he then turned to Sabre.

"How are you doing Sabre, how many pairs have you cleaned?"

The young man looked up from his stool and answered.

"Fifty pairs Sir...I have ten left."

Zenethor was quietly impressed the Prince had not shied at the task, he just sat quietly and got on with it.

"When you are done I will teach you how to oil and polish leather armour." He said nodding his approval.

Tags: