Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tenth Ring - The Demon Plane (A Prince's Past)

Started by Jelenis Tythe, November 22, 2015, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre regarded Kora, almost as powerful and as handsome as Abigor himself and he smiled shyly.

"Of course Lord Kora, why would we not speak as friends...I want us all to be friends." He said softly.

"Lord Abigor tells me that you are most talented at magic and Runes..perhaps we might speak of it in the future, I can show you some of the books in the Great Library, I think you would find them most fascinating."

There were demons dancing about the Bonfires, women swaying with trays of drinks every where, there was a large trestle table laden with food.  Sabre looked around a little bewildered, not quite knowing what he should do, there were quite a few pairs of eyes on him and a lot of whispering behind hands and he suddenly felt oddly conspicuous.

"They are staring at me." He said edging closer to Abigor and Kora, a little nervous.

"And talking about me...do I look stupid or odd? Do they not like me?"

Parkway

"I'd like that Prince Sabre, I have two Rune's maybe we could meet in the library in a few days on my off time.  I'll show them to you.  I try to study the lore as much as my free time allows."  He had smiled and sighed as Sabre had said he wanted them to be friends.  With that out of the way he spoke freely.

"Abigor, Prince Sabre, let's go to the dining tables and fest a bit.  I have not yet.  Yuri and Vewick are joining us.  They are commoners Prince but they supply the castle with the best wine around."  He gestured to the long tables.

When Sabre appeared to be getting self-conscience Abigor put a protective stance around Sabre and Kora took his que and did the same.  "No...no...  They are just curious.  You are like an enigma to them.  Besides I am sure I am not the only one who sees just how beautiful you are."

Abigor and Kora guided him towards the dining table where a few of the demons moved over to make room they bowed respectfully.  Other murmured and others more came to see the elusive Prince was among them.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre took a seat between Abigor and Kora, and he was offered a plate of food which he smiled and took graciously, goblets were put down in front of him, some with wine, some with ale others with spirits.

He nibbled on the meats and bread, and felt thirsty and was tempted to reach for a goblet of wine.

He listened to Kora speak about having two Runes, he himself had eight at this current time, he would add to that shortly when he had learned 'Sapria',' Lunarith' and 'Ithior'. He told Kora about them and watched the slightly older Lord's eyes widen.

Absently he reached for the nearest goblet and drew it towards himself.  He was being admired by many about him, they were fascinated with him, his moonlight hair, his dark eyes,  they complimented him, flattered him.  It was true, he was a puzzle to most, an enigma, something to be worked out and solved.

Parkway

Abigor listened and smiled.  Kora was in awe of the Prince and not because of anything Abigor said, but for Sabre's own sake. It filled him with pride that his Prince was so knowledgeable. 

As the old came and drink he watched all the demons coming and going he noticed all alcohol.  But when Sabre reached for the goblet and was about to drink unbeknownst to himself Abigor had a mild panic attack.  He carefully gripped the Prince's arm and squeezed.  He didn'r want to embrassess Sabre I front on Kora or the commoners gathering close to the elusive Prince but he could not let him drink that.

With his hand on the Prince's arm he leaned in and made a face.  "Prince Sabre, my apologies but I used it..to rinse...  Maybe Kora can get some fresh water?"

He didn't care if they thought him a beast, most did any way so this was no big deal.

"Sure let me get one, I'll be right back."  Kora looked for a goblet of fresh water and once securing it found upon his return a few goblets of water.  The commoners bring their humble goblets to the Prince.

He chuckled and smiled at Abigor. He mouth and shrugged.  "Uric?"  He went to go find him. 

"Seems the commoners are beginning to love you Prince."  Abigor winked but oddly kept his hand on Sabre.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre smiled and accepted the water and took a sip, his dark eyes watching everything as he did so. Then a group of youths the same age as the prince approached, male and female.

"Prince Sabre." The lead male said softly.

"Would you dance with us?" All eyes were expectantly on the Prince.

Sabre looked questioningly to Abigor, pleading almost.

"Please Lord Abigor....may I....you can see me from here.....I will not stray....I promise."

All the group looked to the Lord with curiosity...he was the Prince's protector.

"We all promise Lord Abigor.....we will dance in a ring there.....never from your sight." They all chorused dutifully.

Parkway

Abigor was now nervous.  Dancing would mean they'd hold hands, the King expressedly forbade anyone touching Sabre.  He was at a loss as what to do.  If he said no, then the Prince would be snickered at and would lose credibility with his soon to be followers. 

"Yes, but no further than the ring."  His voice was a bit lower but what may have seemed to them as stern was really just his own thoughts causing him conflict.  As soon as he said yes he wished he'd said no.  But he was sure the opposite would hold if he said no he'd whisked he'd said yes.

He was sure to catch a whipping.  Maybe worse.  But for tonight Prince Sabre would have fun.  Dancing couldn't be all that bad?  Right?

His breathing was accelerated. 

Jelenis Tythe

The young demons took the Prince's hands and led him to a nearby spot and they all started to dance round in a circle,  it was all very innocent and fun.  The Prince allowed himself to be led this way and that, his movements graceful like a leaf on the breeze.

He looked to Abigor and held out his hand.

"Come dance my Lord....please...enjoy the fun!"

Parkway

Abigor nodded and rose.  He smiled!  He loved dancing. 

He went over and joined the party.  He glided with ease and took on of the ladies by hand he turned her and moved they seemed like two becoming one.  He whispered something in her ear and the girls color rose.  He smiled.

Next Abigor looked and caught Sabre eyes.  He immediately felt his breathing quicken as he watched Sabre move gracefully.  It was sensuous and graceful.  Though he held the girl close his eyes feasted only on Sabre.

He winked at him.

Kora pulled Uric along...Jana was in Uric's grasp but the two male demons were also holding hands.  They came closer to the group and joined the fun.  Jana caught sight of the Prince and slowly worked her way over.

A soft sweet voice sighed...  "Prince Sabre...will you dance with me."  Her pretty blonde curls bounced as her rosy lips curved into a pretty smile.

Jelenis Tythe

Jana like most of her high born friends was out to make a name for herself....Uric was a catch....the Prince...the elusive and so very beautiful Prince...all her friends would be jealous....especially Viola who she had not seen yet.  She had given Uric the run-around for weeks and had finally rewarded him with a kiss tonight.  The Prince she would reward with so much more if she could separate him from the rest.

Sabre's dark eyes lighted on the pretty girl asking him to dance and he slowly took her hand, no girl had ever asked him to dance, in fact he had never really had any contact with a girl before.

"Thank you my Lady of course." He said quite sweetly and politely as he had seen the girl with Lord Uric.

"Will Lord Uric not mind?"

Jana smiled and pressed herself to the Prince, her sweet red lips curving into the perfect bow of a smile.

Sabre suddenly looked a little shocked, his eyes widening as she moulded herself to him.

Parkway

Jana practically cooed. "I don't think he will, you are the Prince after all.  You get first choice."  Her voice was like soft tinkling chimes.  "In case you did not know, I am Lady Jana.  Daughter to the Duke Karl and Duchess Patre."  She wanted to make certain he knew she was of his station.  A lady as herself could make the Prince a beautiful wife and bare his offspring. 

Abigor was dancing with the lovely lady when he saw Jana!  He whispered something else and the girl blushed again but ran her hand down his chest in a possessive manner.  He walked up to the two but he notice Uric and Kora went off together.  Damnit!  This was harder than it had sounded to keep Sabre safe from touch and drink.  Would you two get back here and Uric tame this, get her away from the Prince or it is my head! He shouted in silence to his friends.

Something else bothered him too.  His chest tightened at Jana's body moulding itself to Sabre.  He was shocked at how he felt by it.  Now he had no inhibitions when it came to a partner.  He took what he wanted and liked.  But Sabre stirred something else and he wasn't sure he was ready for that.

"Excuse me Lady Jana.  I believe Lord Uric is awaiting you."  Just as he spoke a red mouthed Uric arrived.  The redness caused from deep passionate kisses.  Kora was just coming back and smoothing his hair he two had the look of being thoroughly kissed. 

"Yes may I cut in Prince Sabre?"  Lord Uric actually winked at the Prince.

Abigor tugged softly on Sabre's sleeve.  His nerves were on fire.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre looked a little confused to Abigor, his dark eyes wide and surprised.

"Have I annoyed Lord Uric....his guest was very friendly, I mean very friendly!"he said quite innocently.

"Please do not let me stop you dancing Gor, your partner sees upset up you have stopped."

He looked to Kora.

"I can sit with Lord Kora, he looks alone at the moment." He looked to Kora curiously, his bright eyed, slightly tousled look and red lips.

Had he not just been looking for Lord Uric? Sabre flushed as he realised what had been going on.

Obviously he was interested in Uric though so he would be safe enough.

Parkway

"I will be right there Prince Sabre.  And no you did not annoy Lord Uric.  I just cannot have a woman cling to you in full view.  You father..."  He whispered so no one could hear them.

"That is unless you want it...  I can help you with that Prince..."  He could but he looked at the Prince and a jealous knife cut through him.  "But I am unsure as to what you'd prefer...  I enjoy both, Kora men, and Uric anything...  What is your desire?" 

He looked at Sabre and Abigor realized his desire was Sabre.  How had that happened?  When?  He was the Prince!  No!  He'd fight it...  peak to Master Zenethor...  He was truly wicked to want the Prince.  How selfish!  No he'd say nothing.  Whatever Prince Sabre wanted that would be what he Abigor wanted.  His thoughts were not filtered so if Sabre could pick up on them he would...  He realized too late that possibly Master Zenethor could...  But he wasn't near...was he?

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre flushed the deepest of pink as Abigor asked him that question, he had never given any thought to it, he did not know.  Then sub consciously he picked up on the thoughts that coursed through the General's son and his eyes widened and he hit his lip.

"I....I don't know!" He managed somehow to utter the words.

"Finish your dance.....I will sit with Kora....then perhaps I should go home." He said uncertain of what to do or how to act around him now.

Back in his study Zenethor had picked up on Abigor's thoughts he had been monitoring the situation to ensure they did not get into trouble, Abigor had been doing well until his forbidden desire sneaked through.  The Weapons Master slammed his fist on the desk....this was an unneeded complication!

Parkway

Abigor returned to his dance partner and kept his eyes on Sabre.  He decided he was wrong.  Sabre was the Prince he was only feeling this way because he was protecting him.  Master Zenethor would be able to help clear his confusion.  He did not want to fail his first task with his Prince.

He had meant what he said if the Prince wanted something he would do what he could to make it come about. 

As he danced he watched Sabre.  His mind confused.  He sent a silent request to Master Zenethor for guidance.  For he felt unsure.  Should he have left Lady Jana and Prince Sabre?  Was he wrong in asking the Prince if he wanted the attention...  he knew already his reaction to Sabre was wrong but he was sure this was misplaced.  Abigor was just confused in his devotion to the demon he had been choosen to protect.  It was natural he feel this way.

He danced with the girl and whispered the sweetest of things and made plans for much later that evening.

Lord Kora bowed as the Prince neared his side.  "Prince Sabre.  You looked well dancing.  Are you enjoying yourself?"  The lord smiled but it did not reach his eyes.  An underlining sadness was present.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre smiled as he sat down next to Kora, but he saw the sadness in his eyes.

"Is it Lord Uric that makes you sad Lord Kora?" He asked quite sweetly and gently.

Of all of them Kora seemed the most approachable, almost a little like himself.

"I could not help but notice you both coming back looking...well....a little breathless." It was the most tactful way Sabre knew how to word it. Others might have been crude and blunt but that was not Sabre's way.

Parkway

Kora blinked a few times his smile faded.  "Am I that obvious?"  He chided himself aloud and even chuckled a bit.

He nodded as Sabre continued and licked his lips.  The taste not too far gone of the one he loved.  "It would appear that due to our titles it is not meant to be."  His voice grew softer.  "It saddens me that he doesn't seem to care as much as I do.  But, he never promised me exclusivity.  So I can only blame myself for feeling as I do.  But yes it is Lord Uric that brings this to me."

He looked at Sabre and smiled as he gestured towards the commoners.  "They think we have it so good but they are free to live and love for us not so."

He took another look at the couples dancing, he noticed Abigor's careful eye not wavering from Sabre.  "One day perhaps...one day."

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre nodded.

"Perhaps one day he will realise how much you care." He said trying to offer solace to Kora, he laid a slender hand on the Lord's own.

He watched Abigor dancing with the female but his eyes seemed to be fixed on him and Kora.

"Abigor watches us intently....doesn't he...not as if you will ravish me!" He half joked.

He turned his back to Abigor and reached for a goblet, it contained wine, he took a slug and handed it to Kora.

"Hey...look I am defying my father!" He winked.

"What do you think Abigor will do....tell me off?"

Parkway

Kora laughed.  "Aye but he is doing his job.  Not that I need tell you thins but Lord Abigor is a bit. Err...intense?"  He made a funny face as he said that and chuckled.  "He never does anything halfheartedly.  But, and I mean this Prince Sabre.  You will never find a more loyal being then he." 

Still chuckling a bit and enjoying the Prince's company was making him feel better.  "You know he dislikes Lord Warren."  He gestured towards another demon who for as dark as Abigor was Warren was pale.  He didn't have the look of a demon at all.  But he had the same arrogant stance and was about the same age.  He hadn't notice the Prince yet or you could bet he'd tried to weasel his time with him.  "Not too long ago he and I had words.  He is powerful Warren, but though Abigor is younger he held him back.  Made it clear he was not to lay another hand on me.  Since then he and Warren spar.  I am sure Lord Warren would like nothing better than to take Abigor's place but by birth he could only ever be Abigor's second.  But between you and I ... that will not be happening."

It was then the Prince's words sunk in...He absently took the goblet with a shaking hand.  "I thought you were not to drink...wine...ale...  Prince your father! He will know!"  He gripped the goblet as though it contained poison!  "He looked around and flung it.  "Shhh he approaches."

Abigor watched Kora toss a goblet and red splashed from it.  He noticed a not so innocent grin from the Prince.  With a quick departure from his dance partner he was next to them.  "What was that Lord Kora?"  He looked to them both.

Kora smiled...  "What was what Lord Abigor?  The Prince and I were talking of things...."  He looked over at the Prince his eyes huge and begged him to keep silent.

Jelenis Tythe

Sabre bit his lip naughtily and looked to Kora who almost seemed to be pleading with him when Abigor started to question him.

"That's right we were just talking about magic and runes....stuff that would bore you silly." He purred softly.

He could still taste the fruity wine in his mouth, so sweet and delicious, he so wanted some more.  He knew that he could not, not unless he wanted a scolding from Abigor and the thrashing of his life from Zenethor and his father.

"Where is your dance partner....she seemed to enjoy your whispered words." He teased lightly.

"Don't you think Kora?" He grinned to the Lord next to him.

They were sitting close together as thick as thieves as the Prince and Kora teased the General's son...enough to make Uric look over a little jealously...and discard Jana where she stood to come over to stand possessively by Kora.

"Hey Uric." Sabre mused.

"Are you bored of Jana already?"

Parkway

Abigor was sure they were up to something.  He narrowed his eyes.  "I should have known introducing you two was going to bite me back.  I am keeping my eye on you two!"  He looked at Sabre.  His teasing brought a smile as he heard Kroa agree with the Prince.

"Indeed Lord Abigor, is that Deede?  I have to agree with Prince Sabre she looks mighty put out not receiving your whispered words."  He chuckled and then waved to the girl!

Abigor growled but not menacing, in fun.  "Yeah you two together...no good."  Just as he spoke Lord Uric arrived.  And with what Prince Sabre said next he stifled a chuckle.  Raised his eyebrow and looked at Lord Uric whom seemed to want to lay his claim over Kora, over the Prince!  Was he losing his mind!  He just chuckled.

Lord Uric noticed how close the Prince was sitting to Kora.  Something didn't sit well and he excused himself leaving Jana with group of ladies.  He rushed to Kora's side a surge of jealousy coursed through him.  As he he heard the exchange and then the Prince's comments he was at a loss.  Was he teasing him?

"Bored?  Uh, yes...."  Quickly he coughed and stammered ...  "No...no not at all.  I..."  He looked at the others and said the first thing he could think of, "I thought something happened is all and I might be needed."  It sounded lame even to his own ears.