Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Fire and Swords [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 02, 2016, 03:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

The innkeeper moved forward to take the purse, peeking inside and nodding with a smile. "Very good, sir. You got lucky, we only have one room left." He looked to Kiara. "The one next to yours actually, miss." Frowning a bit, he added, "But it only has a single bed. Your companion..."

"Is a dragon," Kiara filled in. She nodded to the door set in the far wall that looked as though it led to the courtyard. "He's out there with Kit now, big golden thing. I brought them here 'cause it's the only place with enough room."

The innkeeper's expression smoothed into a smile. "Ah, yes. Of course. Well, if you follow me-"

"He'll deny it, but he needs a healer too," Kiara cut in, throwing a look at Mist.

Medievarad

Mist arched an eyebrow as Kiara did all of the speaking. He arched an eyebrow. "Taking a page out of your book.. I am standing right here." He said with a bitter chuckle, before looking to the innkeeper. "And I don't." Was what he said. Just as the female dragonrider predicted.

DragonSong

"He does," Kiara retorted, more to Mist than to the innkeeper.

The older man looked back and forth between the two of them, then cleared his throat. "I'll, ah, send for someone," he mumbled.

"Great." Kiara threw him a grin, then turned to Mist again. "C'mon, I can show you to the room while he's doing that." She started toward the stairs.

Medievarad

He rolled his eyes and just left it at that. Women. He looked at Kiara, shrugging slowly. "Alright. Thanks." He said with a slow chuckle.

DragonSong

Kiara gave him a bright smile. "Good." She scaled the stairs quickly  and turned left, bringing them to two doors set into the wall that over looked the courtyard.

"Not that they get them often around here, but this place is built to cater to dragonriders," she explained, not quite sure why. She usually wasn't so sociable. Maybe it had something to do with meeting another 'rider who wasn't a member of the Adelan military. She pointed to the right-hand door. "Your room. You should probably just take it easy until the healer gets here."

Medievarad

He followed Kiara ul the stairs slowly. Carefully so. Mist glanced out over the courtyard. Nodding slowly. He didn't know about dragonriders or Adelan military. All he knew was that Ren appreciated him. And that mattered for now. Dragonrider or not.

He softly grabbed her hand, looking Kiara in the eyes. "Thanks. But I am capable of handling myself." He said as he released Kiara's hand again. "Don't worry."

DragonSong

She blinked, a little surprised by the sudden touch. "I, uh, don't doubt that," she muttered. Clearing her throat, she gave him a small smile and a nod. "Well, it was nice meeting you, Mist Immortalis. I'll probably be seeing you around." She turned and slipped into her own room.

Kit and Ren, lying in comfortable silence side by side in the courtyard, raised their heads at the sound and scent of Kiara coming out onto the balcony attached to her room that looked over the courtyard. The black dragon gave a thrum that was almost a purr and stretched his head up to meet her, closing his eyes and crooning when she scratched the ridge above his eyes.

Ren watched them, head tilted curiously. He'd never quite understood the bond some dragons had with two-leggers- had looked down on it, if he was being honest- but the younger dragon didn't seem tamed to him, not exactly. Hm. Intriguing

Medievarad

"The pleasure is mine." Mist said with a soft, respectful nod. "And I also feel we'll meet again. Rather sooner than later." He said with a slow chuckle. And that wasn't because their rooms were right next to eachother. He had the feeling he'd go through a lot with Kiara.

When inside, he pulled off the mithril chainmail, met with the sight of crimson bandages. He pulled a bitter smirk. Seemed he had overexerted after all. He only surfaced from his room after a short while, the bandages around his chrst covered in blood. Not like he had anything to do. Yet he walked and stood as if there was nothing wrong with him.

DragonSong

"How're you two doing out here then?" Kiara asked with a grin, looking between Kit and Ren. Her dragon rolled his shoulders in a shrug and Ren nodded agreement. "Oh, a healer's coming to take a look at Mist," the girl added with a nod to the gold dragon.

He let out a breath that might have been a sigh of relief. "My thanks," he rumbled, stretching his neck up a bit to address her.

She shrugged, saying simply, "You should get that shoulder checked out when the healer is here."

He shook his head. "I am fine."

The girl rolled her eyes and muttered something about stubborn males. Ignoring her, Ren curled up in the courtyard, keeping an eye on the room next to hers.

Medievarad

"She is right, Ren." Mist said as he stepped out on the balcony, having taken his armour off. The bandages obviously bloodied. He put his hand on the support and chuckled bitterly. "I get healed, you get healed."

DragonSong

"Gods!" Kiara yelped, eyes widening when he emerged. She'd known he was hurt but... "How are you even moving?!"

Ren surged to his feet, arching his neck to bring his head closer to the balcony. "You should be resting," he muttered, covering concern with gruffness. "Besides, I'm not hurt nearly as bad as you. This will heal on its own."

Medievarad

Mist grinned bitterly as he pressed his thumb against his chest. "Immortalis." Was all he said to Kiara, before looking over to Ren, leaning on the support. "So will this. But it takes time." He said with the same bitter chuckle as he put a hand on Ren's nose. "And we don't seem the most patient sort."

DragonSong

Ren huffed a chuckle, unconsciously nosing into his hand in a manner oddly reminiscent of a cat. He didn't notice Kiara and Kit exchange a look and a quick grin.

"I suppose not," the dragon agreed, stretching lazily though being careful of his wounded shoulder. A sharp wrap on the door to Mist's room had him cocking his head. "Well, the people around here are certainly punctual," he commented.

Medievarad

Mist's gaze snapped to the door. "It would seem so." He said as he dissappeared in his room again, opening the door.

DragonSong

The healer was a short, rosy-cheeked woman who gave the elf a cursory glance before ordering, "Sit." She shrugged a satchel off her shoulder and began rooting through it for supplies. "Where is it the worst?" she asked, business-like.

Ren snorted, assured that Mist was being taken care of, and settled back into the courtyard. Kit gave his rider a quick nuzzle and moved back as well, saying something quietly. Ren only caught the words, "need rest too." He huffed, putting it from his mind as the younger dragon curled up under the girl's balcony, eyeing him warily.

He chuffed at him, blowing a ring of smoke. "I'm not going to eat you, youngling," he muttered, vaguely amused.

Kit looked away, giving a huff of his own but otherwise not responding.

Medievarad

And Mist did what he was told, sitting down slowly, pulling the bandages down to reveal the grievous wounds. "Take your pick." Was what he answered with a bitter chuckle. He heard the dragons still communicating outside, but payed no mind to it for now.

DragonSong

The healer tutted and set to work, asking questions about what had happened.

In the next room, Kiara could hear the bustling about and Ren and Kit snipping at each other outside. She couldn't help smiling a bit- Kit was even more anti-social than she was, it was interesting to see how he reacted to another dragon.

Medievarad

Mist'd answer the questions truthfully. More or less. Keeping away the part he actually had to free Ren from a couple of vines. He wasn't planning on hurting Ren's pride. He was still a dragon.

DragonSong

Apparently satisfied with her work, the healer order briskly, "You lay down and rest. Keep off your feet as much as you can for the next few days." With a sigh, she ran her hand through her hair and muttered, "I'm going to check on the dragon then."

Ren and Kit had gotten into some sort of odd staring contest, red eyes locked with gold as they battled silently. Neither was even entirely sure why they were doing it, but being dragons- and males at that- neither was willing to back down.

"You seem very comfortable with your human," Ren commented casually, the intensity of his gaze unwavering.

Kit nodded. "Known her my whole life. First thing I saw when I hatched," was all he said.

Neither dragon paid any mind to the healer coming into the courtyard.

Medievarad

Lay down and rest. Hell no. It made him anxious. Antsy. The instant the healer left the room, Mist grabbed the large blade and used it as a crutch to slowly walk over to the balcony. "You two. I'd advice you two would stop doing whatever you're doing and pay attention to the woman that is waiting there." He said, a tad gruffer than usual, before limping back inside and lying down. Complying to the healer's words.

For now.