Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Fire and Swords [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 02, 2016, 03:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Ren rumbled worriedly, trying not to distract the healer but at the same time wanting some sort of update. "He'll make it, won't he?" he asked gruffly, shifting back on his haunches and sort of fluttering his wings in agitation.

Medievarad

"I am surprised he still hasn't stopped breathing." Was what the genderneutral healer said. "I can only desinfect and bandage and heal superficial wounds. Then it is all up to him to survive. But he has a fighting spirit I haven't seen before." The healer looked back at the unconcious Mist. "A bright fire.." Was murmured as he/she wet back to work.

DragonSong

The dragon nodded. The healer had no idea, she...he?...whatever, hadn't seen the elf in action. Fire indeed.

Getting frustrated with not being able to tell what was going on in the room, Ren gave yet another rumbling growl of frustration and abruptly shrank in on himself, golden light covering his form and obscuring him from view for a moment.

When it cleared, he had lost his scales and wings and stood on two legs. The dragon-turned-human, completely uncaring to any fuss he may have caused, marched into the house.

Much better. He didn't much like waiting on the sidelines. "What can I do to help?" he asked, folding his arms over his bare chest.

Medievarad

"Unless you know some form of healing magic, all you can do is desinfect the wounds and help me bandage him up." Was what the elder woman sneered again. "Where'd you find him, dragon? Elves like him are a rare breed here." The healer let a wrinkley finger run across the undamaged skin on his chest. "Even littered with scars. They are very valuable slaves." The healer was correct. Mist's body, arms, chest and legs were covered with scars. Even his face wasn't spared.

Two enourmous scars, one down his right eye, another that started at the left of his cheekbone, running all the way down to his chin. Over his lips. Scarred by battle. Scarred by torture. A life of surviving by the skin of his teeth. Scars a silent testimony to the trouble he got in.

DragonSong

Unable to help himself, Ren growled at the healer. Even in his human form, the sound was distinctly dragon. He didn't like the way this "elder" spoke of his new companion as though he were goods to be bartered for.

"He found me, actually," he said, reining in his temper as much as he could. "Saved my hide. Twice. I owe him for that." He wasn't completely ignorant of more mundane healing methods, so he grabbed some bandages and set to work.

Medievarad

"Surprising. Most people would run at sight of a dragon." Was what the elder sneered in response, hands glowing green as 'it' started to heal most of the superficial wounds through arcane arts. At the same time, the elf started to stir. The greatsword's eye still looking around in a frenzied manner.

DragonSong

Ren glowered. "Well, once he's healed I'll no longer offend you with the sight of me," he snipped. Deciding to ignore the healer, he glanced warily at the blade. It was starting to put him on edge.

But then Mist stirred and drew his attention. He leaned a bit closer, brow furrowing in concern.

Medievarad

And soon, the elf's opened slowly as he groaned in pain, slowly sitting up. At the same time, the eye on the sword slowly shut.

Mist held his hand on his chest, feeling the cloth bandages and coughing slowly. "Had.. Worse.." He murmured slowly, before he was met with the sight of Ren. yet, he didn't recognise the dragon. "Where am I?"

DragonSong

Ren let out a short, relieved breath which quickly turned into a snort as he tried to hide his concern. "I'm not actually sure," he rumbled. "I set us down at the first village I came to." He jerked his head at the healer. "Where are we then?"

Medievarad

"You.. Set me down?" He asked with a slightly confused tone. His eyes scanning the room, slowly sighing as he saw the massive blase in a corner, before turning to the healer. "The village of Samari." Was what the elder answered.

DragonSong

"Oh, right." Ren shook his head, remembering the elf had been unconscious when he changed forms. Gesturing with his hand to his human body, he said, "I'm Renkaryn. This...person has been healing you." He shrugged. "I offered help, but I'm really not very good with these things."

Medievarad

"Wait.. You're the dragon." Mist said as he slowly stood up. Breathing slowly due to the sharp pain he felt in his chest. He looked at the elder and nodded. "My thanks." He said as he stood up slowly, turning to Ren. "And you too, ofcourse." He looked around the room. "And where is my armour.." He murmured to himself.

DragonSong

That was a good question. Ren glanced around; he hadn't really been able to see  what was going on before he'd taken human form and entered the room. "You should lay down, it's around here somewhere," he urged, frowning at Mist.

Medievarad

Mist arched an eyebrow. "Don't be concerned." He said with a nod. "I am fine." Was what he stated. And grabbing at his chest only seconds later and falling to his knees. Hissing in pain. "Completely.. Fine.."

DragonSong

"Storms and crows," Ren spat. He put his hands on the elf's shoulders and forced him to lay back down. "Rest, Immortalis." He looked to the healer. "How long until he can move again?"

Medievarad

With a bitter chuckle, Mist sat down on the table again. He'd normally protest. And walk out with a word of thanks and dissappear. Yet, a dragon insisted he did otherwise. And you just didn't say no to a dragon. Mist looked up at the healer, who frowned slowly. "Several days." Was what 'it' huffed.

DragonSong

"Think you can manage that?" Ren said dryly, quirking an eyebrow at the elf. "Fair warning- there is only one correct answer to that question or so help me I will tie you down."

From anyone else it might have been a joke, but his tone said quite clearly that it was not.

Medievarad

"Doesn't look like I have a choice.." Was what he said with a bitter grin.

DragonSong

Ren actually smiled at that, just a little. "Get some rest," he said gruffly, then turned to the healer. "I'm afraid I don't have coin to pay you for your help," he muttered, "but ask any favor I dragon can fulfill and I will do it."

Internally, he winced a bit. Since Brigid, he'd tried to avoid tangling himself up in two-legger affairs, and now he found himself indebted twice in one day.

Medievarad

Mist nodded slowly, standing up and lying down on whatever was his operating table. Blankly staring up for a second. "I hate this.." Is what he murmured after a brief moment.

The healer looked at Ren, shaking 'it's' head. "Dragons are a bad omen 'ere.." She sneered. "The favour would be your departure when the elf recovers."

Tags: