Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Fire and Swords [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 02, 2016, 03:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Ren snarled. There was nothing human in the sound. "My pleasure, I assure you," he ground out.

Glancing over at Mist, he snapped, "At least you're alive." Immediately regretting his temper, her closed his eyes and took a breath through his nose.

"I will wait outside," he muttered, throwing a glare at the healer. "I would not want to offend you with my presence."

Medievarad

It was only a brief moment later Mist stepped out aswell, armoured and armed again. "They either keep both of us. Or none at all." He slowly snickered. "They're a tad too excited to put chains on me, so let's go before there is trouble." He said with a bitter tone.

DragonSong

The dragon raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure you're alright to travel?" He shot a glare in the direction of the healer's house, grumbling, "I'd like to see them try."

Rolling his neck from side to side, Ren took a few steps back to give himself room so he could change into his natural form. When the glow around him faded, revealing the dragon, he lowered his head and shifted slightly so he was in a rather protective stance near Mist.

Medievarad

"I'm fine.." Was what he muttered. "It hurts. But I had worse." He looked at the door. "They won't try a thing. Let's avoid bloodshed by not waiting around for them to make a move."

DragonSong

"Very well." Ren crouched down, extending a front leg slightly, a sort of invitation. "Climb on then. Now that you can keep yourself upright I don't want to hold you in my claws." Not only would it be less comfortable for both of them, but he was a little worried he might reopen his wounds.

Medievarad

Mist arched an eyebrow. Before bowing to a degree his wounds still allowed it. Respectfully so, before he stepped on the front leg and scaling up the dragon's skin carefully and sitting down at the end of his neck. "Ready."

DragonSong

"Hold on to one of my spines," Ren suggested, straightening up and fanning his wings. this was an odd feeling. He'd never allowed someone to ride on his back before- but the elf seemed to understand that it was an honor, so he supposed that was something.

Anxious to get out of this hostile village, he took one bound forward and leaped into the air, straining a bit to get them aloft. "Is there somewhere I should be taking you?" he asked, twisting his neck around a bit to look at Mist with one eye.

Medievarad

Mist nodded at the suggestion, his hand closing around one of Ren's spines. "Give a roar when I hurt you!" Was what he yelled as the dragon leaped in the air. "Let me get my map!" He yelled, before pulling the backpack from his back, a rolled up paper. He unfurled it with one hand. "There's supposed to be a trading post close by!" He said as he propped the map away again. "To the southwest! Thattaway!" He shouted as he leaned forward, pointing into the right direction.

DragonSong

Ren snorted and gave a sharp nod, then banked in the direction Mist had indicated. "You're not going to hurt me," he huffed, rumbling a chuckle that vibrated in his chest. "Just try not to fall off."

He snapped his wings down, sending them rocketing forward. Maybe he was showing off a little, but it wasn't often he flew with company. It was...interesting.

Medievarad

"I hope I don't!" He shouted. At that. He stood straighter, still holding on to the spine. "I'm honored you allow me!" He said. Before his gut wrenched as Ren sped up. Causing Mist to grin.

DragonSong

Ren bared his teeth in a dragon's grin. "When you're feeling up to it, I'll have to show you what real flying is like," he rumbled.

In the distance he through he saw a dark splotch of civilization. The trading post? "Is that what we're looking for?"

Medievarad

"Maybe when my wounds are healed!" He shouted in response, before looking over to the spot Ren indicated. "Think so!"

DragonSong

With a sharp nod, Ren banked into a shallow dive, bringing them in to land on the outskirts of the trading post. He saw a few humans- at least they appeared to be human- milling around sort of jump or give cries of surprise when they saw him, but they at least seemed less hostile than the village they'd just left.

He actually thought he heard someone say, "Two in as many hours, what are the odds?" which made him tilt his head curiously, but he put it from his mind. He arched his head around so he could look at Mist. "How're you holding up?"

Medievarad

With a loud thud, Mist hopped down from the dragon, stretching a bit. "Pretty good. I'll live."

DragonSong

Ren gave him a sideways look. "I don't pretend to know a lot about two-leggers, but the speed at which you heal seems abnormal to me," he commented, rolling his shoulders and folding his wings into his sides.

Medievarad

"I just bite down the pain." Was what he replied. Before slowly starting to walk to the market. "Are you with me?"

DragonSong

Ren snorted. He didn't entirely believe that, but he wouldn't press for answers. "You sure I'm going to fit in there?" he asked as he followed Mist. "I'm not sure they build these places with dragons in mind-"

His voice choked off when a large black shape- small compared to himself but almost ten feet high at the shoulder- came around the corner of one of the larger stalls. The other dragon was built slimmer than himself, but he thought that was probably because it was still young.

He stopped short, eye ridges rising incredulously. "Huh. Perhaps I was mistaken."

Medievarad

"Well then." Mist arched an ehe row as he was the creature. "Do you know this dragon?" He asked as he looked at Ren.

DragonSong

"No." He shook his head, a little baffled.

The younger dragon had just spotted him. Drawing up short, he dropped his head and raised his hackles, lips pulling back in an instinctive threat display. The young woman walking at his side stopped as well, glancing from the black dragon to the gold one.

"Kit, what's wrong?" Kiara asked quietly, pressing against his flank.

Her dragon shook himself slightly, forcing his body to relax. "Er...nothing. Older male. Bigger male. Instinct, sorry."

She threw him an arch look. "Gods, you're ridiculous," she muttered. Seeing that the gold dragon was looking on guard, she decided to try to ease the tension, walking across the market toward him. "Hello," she said politely when she was in earshot, feeling Kit coming up behind her slowly. "Sorry about that. We weren't expecting to run into another dragon, Kit was a bit surprised."

Ren dipped his head, relaxing a bit, but didn't speak. Without realizing he was doing it, he mimicked the black dragon's stance behind his rider, arching protectively around Mist.

Medievarad

Mist raised his hand in return. At least as wary as Ren was. Ofcourse. He wouldn't let anyone know that he was. "It's alright.." Was what he murmured to Ren, before walking over to the dragonrider. And her obvious mount. "I'd say them being a rare breed. But these are two I see on one day. I'm Mist."

He seemed so casual about it. So laid back. Yet at the same time, he might've been the most wary of the three. He was currently qlso the weakest. Still wounded and all that.