Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Fire and Swords [M] [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, January 02, 2016, 03:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She dipped her head at him. "Kiara. This is Kittsareyn." Kit nodded at them warily. Tilting her head to the side, she offered a friendly smile. "I have to say, I never thought to meet a dragonrider this far south of Adela. What brings you here?"

Ren snorted a bit at the term "dragonrider" though he supposed at this point it wasn't entirely inaccurate.

Medievarad

"Nice meeting you two." He bowed at Kit however, not really deep to not open his wounds again, but deep enough to show his respect. "Me? A dragonrider? You're wrong. I just stubled across this dragon when he was fighting off a warband of dragonslayers." A swift and easy lie that wouldn't even be noticed by the two. Mostly to not hurt Ren's pride. "I got hurt and he offered me help."

DragonSong

"Oh?" Kiara's eyes widened a bit. "I didn't know there were dragonslayers in the area." She shot Kit a worried look.

The black dragon snorted, muttering something under his breath that may have been "damned jungle, knew we shouldn't have come here".

Ren huffed a chuckle. "I don't think you need to worry about them, youngling. Immortalis here took pretty good care of them." After a moment he added, a little grudgingly, "Saved my life, actually. He's being modest." Realizing he'd never actually introduced himself, he added, "I'm called Renkaryn, by the way."

Kit and Kiara nodded at him, then the young woman arched an eyebrow at the elf. "Immortalis? I thought your name was Mist."

Medievarad

Mist shrugged slowly. "You killed more than I did and didn't even get hurt.." He chuckled a bit at the female's confusion. "I'm sorry. It is my name. Immortalis is merely a title." He dusted off his armor. Silently whincing in pain. "So- what brings a.. Dragonrider as yourself here?"

DragonSong

Kiara shrugged. "Delivery." She nodded her head back toward the thick of the marketplace. "Fellow up in Serendipity wanted some goods shipped down here quickly, and he paid well enough."

Her eyes were watching both dragon and elf sharply. The huge gold beast was favoring one side, and she thought she'd just seen Mist wince a bit. "You two sure you're alright? Looks like you could maybe use some rest."

Ren huffed at her and looked away, not saying anything. Honestly, he knew he could definitely use a break, and he was sure Mist wasn't as healed as he kept saying he was. But he was too proud to admit it.

Medievarad

"I see. So. Dragon delivery is a thing now." He chuckled bitterly. Quite honestly. Finding it a bit insulting to use mighty dragons as couriers. "We're fine. Thank you for the offer." He said with a soft grin. He wasn't admitting it because of pride. He wasn't admitting it because of his distrust towards the female dragonrider. And her companion. "Ren. Do you think we can trust 'em?" He inquired. Not hiding the question at all.

DragonSong

"Well, it's a thing for us at any rate," Kiara said with a shrug. "Gotta make a living somehow."

Her eyebrows drew together at the blatant question and she protested mildly, "Oi, I'm standing right here." Kit rolled his eyes and nudged her back, silently telling her to shut up.

Ren looked them both over, considering. "I'm more inclined to trust another of my kind than any of these other two-leggers," he admitted casually after a moment. "And the girl doesn't seem like she'd be too much trouble."

Kiara's eyebrows crept toward her hairline. "Still. Right here," she muttered, crossing her arms and cocking a hip.

Medievarad

"You'd be surprised. Some of us two-leggers can put up quite the fight, me for exemple. But if a dragon, a noble creature like you, follows her willingly. Well. I guess we can trust them." He looked at Kiara and chuckled slowly at the pose. "I know you're here. I was just having a small discussion with Ren."

DragonSong

"Noble creature?" Kit and Kiara repeated at the same time, exchanging a look. She grinned at the dragon, elbowing him lightly. "Hear that, Kitten?"

He groaned and rolled his eyes heavenward, mumbling, "Why do I put up with you?"

"Because you love me," she responded easily. To the other dragon and rider- she didn't care what he said, she could recognize the beginnings of that kind of bond when she saw it- she said, "Well, if you've decided you can trust us, why don't you let us show you to a place you can stay the night? There's a lodging house that actually has a courtyard big enough for dragons to sleep in." To Ren, she added, "And we can get someone to take a look at the wound in your shoulder."

The gold dragon snorted, surprised, and gave her an appraising look. He thought he'd hidden that rather well. Huh. She was sharper than he'd thought.

Medievarad

Well. That was the instant Mist started to feel a bit insulted. Personally. He was raised with dragons being almighty and wise creatures. "I'm sorry for treating dragons with the respect they deserve" He said. His voice a tad more harsh than before. He sighed slowly, scratching the back of his head. "Does that sound good to you, Ren?" He asked his enourmous counterpart.

DragonSong

Kiara raised her eyebrows, muting quietly to Kit, "Touchy." Her dragon snorted agreement.

"I could....probably use the rest," Ren admitted slowly, looking down at Mist. He couldn't help being a little worried about the elf, even though he told himself it was a foolish sentiment.

Medievarad

His ears perked. Probably something about him. Yet. He wouldn't ask avout it. Just cuses more unnescassary concersations. He looked at Ren and nodded, before turning to the other two again. "Seems like it's decided."

DragonSong

Kiara smiled a bit, politely. "Right then, this way." She glanced around and added with a chuckle, "I think we're clogging up the road a bit."

Grabbing one of Kit's spines, she vaults into his back and the dragon set off into the market, not seeming to care very much that he scattered people to the sides.

Ren started after them, then hesitated. Looking down at Mist, he jerked his head at his own back. "You should probably get on. Don't want to overexert yourself."

Medievarad

Mist nodded slowly. How could he even decline that over? He got on one of Ren's front vlaws and scaled upwards, grabbing a spine and swinging himself on top, sitting himself down casually.

DragonSong

The two dragons attracted a fair amount of attention as they wove through the trading post, but nothing too uncomfortable. When they reached a small in sort of on the outskirts of the marketplace, Kiara swung down off Kit's back, patting his flank as thanks for the lift. He crooned at her and nuzzled her shoulder affectionately, then turned to make his way around the building.

"There's space for us back here," he said to Ren, dropping his eyes as he spoke.

Pleased that the younger male was showing submissiveness, Ren nodded at him regally. "I suppose you should get a room," he rumbled, craning his head around to address Mist.

Medievarad

Mist nodded. "Thanks." Was what ehe said before he jumped down, landing with another thud and a silent whimper. "Are you gonna be alright, Ren?" Was what he inquired as he slowly walked towards the inn. Backwards. Still facing Ren.

DragonSong

The dragon chuckled, without thinking stretching his head forward to nose his shoulder. Not the affectionate nuzzle that Kit had given Kiara, but it was something. "I'm fine, just need some rest. As do you." He lumbered away after the smaller dragon.

Kiara was waiting near the door to the inn, arms crossed and eyebrow raised. "You sure you're not a dragonrider?" she said lightly. "'Cause I've been around dragons all my life, and no wild one bonds that quickly to a two-legger he just met. You must be something special, Master Immortalis."

Medievarad

Mist padded the side of Ren's head as he came to 'nuzzle' his shoulder. The old male dragon was quite rough, but it was an affectionate gesture. "Alright." He nodded towards Kit and turned his attention to Ren again. "I'll see yiu later." Was what he said, before turning around and joining at Kiara's side.

"I'm not. I always looked up to them. They were the elite in our village. Heroes. And I was a commander. But not a dragonrider." He said with a bitter chuckle. And now Mir was completely destroyed. And yet he now had become a dragonrider accidentally. Life had a strange way of dealing cards. "Please.. Call me Mist." He said as he walked into the inn, keeping the door open for her.

DragonSong

"Alright then, Mist." She nodded her thanks as she slipped inside. She was a little curious about where exactly he'd grown up to have such strong beliefs about dragons, but she didn't want to pry.

"Hello again, miss," the innkeeper said when he saw her, coming down the stairs.

Kiara raised her hand in greeting and gave him a crooked smile. "Hey. Looks like I've brought you a new customer." She nodded in Mists's direction.

The older man smiled. "Ah, I see. Will you be wanting a room then, sir?"

Medievarad

Mist nodded slowly. "Two days.. depending on my companio., I might stay for longer." He said as he pulled up a small leather purse. "I'm guessing this is enough for now," he said, whincing slightly at the movement,  he had to replace the bandages.