Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Serious Moonlight (M)

Started by Lion, January 13, 2016, 11:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

He noticed her gaze peering down and he made a surprised face.  "Oh, my apologies.  I feel as if you are more than worthy of the title," he confessed and then crossed his legs and covered himself.  "I am sorry if I have made you feel uncomfortable.  It is not my intention."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Her blush deepened further, if that was even possible. "Oh, um- ahaha..." She gave a nervous little laugh and trailed off. With a sigh, she ran a hand through her hair and murmured, "It's alright, you're not doing anything wrong. I'm just...not used to having company." She offered a small smile, much more comfortable looking directly at him now that he was covering anything important.

Lion

Veles did relax, especially now that Ghost did so.  Something about her presence was comforting, and he decided he liked her.  While she was not like him, that difference in itself was all it took to fascinate him.  She could change in animals with ease, and had saved him without question.  She risked herself although she didn't have to, and that was enough to make him scoot closer to her.

He was quiet for a time, having finished his finger foot and he glanced at her.  "The evening is a bit chilly, do you have a blanket?  Although it's probably silly of me asking since I could just turn into a wolf.  But changing would be difficult with the wound."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

"Oh, yeah, sure." Ghost smiled and shifted a bit so she could get at one of the many pieces of fabric she'd scavenged over the years that made up her nest. This one happened to be a blanket- rather threadbare, but it would have to do.

"Here." She leaned forward to drape it around his shoulders. "You're right, you really shouldn't shift with that wound, not for a day or two at least."

Lion

Veles felt safer with the blanket draped over him.  And he relaxed even more than before. One thing lingered on his mind and he grabbed Ghost's hand gently before, eyes wide.  "What about the hunter? What if he finds us?" He whispered these words almost as if the man himself were close enough he might hear them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Shh, shh," Ghost soothed with a soft smile, stroking her hand over his hair absently. For some reason she felt quite protective of him, almost nurturing, despite the fact that she logically knew he was a much more powerful creature than herself.

"You get some rest," she said quietly. "I'll keep watch, okay? Everything's going to be alright."

Lion

The hand left trails of tingles on his scalp, an unusual feel but not an unpleasant one.  Veles nodded to her before huddling closer to the shelter of the tree.  Its protective embrace was enough to still him.  He closed his eyes and soon drifted off.  He was not used to sleeping in this form, but it would have to do for now.  And he trusted Ghost to protect them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

When he seemed to be asleep, Ghost stood silently and let a shift come over her, exchanging skin for feathers as she turned into a snowy white owl.

Fluttering up into the branches of the tree, she perched and simply waited, sharp eyes cutting through the darkness as she kept watch.

Lion

As she kept watch through the darkness, Veles did not sleep so soundly.  He started to fidget in the dark, sweating from the sting of his leg wound and unable to shake the images of being hounded from his mind.

Elsewhere, Rook could not shake the memory of what he saw.  Creatures that were shifting between animal form with ease!  He'd heard of shfiters before, but had never met one.  Even the beast that had killed his father was a singular creature, though powerful, was something he'd seen, something he knew he could face.

But moments like this, those that left him not knowing, he didn't like.  The uncertainty unnerved him.

What were such creatures doing wandering around his traps?

It turned out, he wasn't the only one with such questions, and in the town he'd come to rest in, rumor of such creatures wandering the forest were rampant.  They could be worth a pretty penny for someone that could capture one, a shifting animal.  There were buyers for anything, why not these?

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Her sharpened senses picked up the shifting of her odd guest below her and Ghost glanced down. Cooing softly, she spread her wings and glided back down to her nest, taking human form as her feet touched the ground.

She hovered for a moment, not sure what to do. He seemed to be distressed- should she wake him, or would that only make it worse?

Settling for a hesitant touch to his shoulder, an attempt to soothe, she murmured, "Veles? It's alright, you're only dreaming." At least it seemed like a nightmare to her, but perhaps fae were different in that regard.

Lion

If it was a nightmare, it was too realistic for Veles' liking.  The images that reflected across his mind's eye were vivid and his heartbeat raced wildly in his chest.  He'd never dreamed so before, not to the point where he jumped when Ghost touched his shoulder in comfort.  He sat up, bolting to prop himself on his elbows, and looking at her.

"They found us," he said, panting lightly, looking wild-eyed.  "They found us and stole us away into the night.  There was no comfort in those cold chains.  They took you away and...hurt you.  You were screaming, Ghost.  And I couldn't help you."

And his arms flew around her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Ghost made a little noise of surprise, struggling to keep her balance for a moment at the sudden embrace. Then she hesitantly returned the gesture, wrapping her arms around him and letting her hands rub soothing little circles over his back and shoulders.

"Hey, it's- it's okay," she stammered. That's what he'd been dreaming about? Her heart squeezed and she tightened her arms around him again. "I'm right here," she murmured. "I'm not going to let anyone take you away, alright? We're safe here, it's okay..."

Somewhere in the back of her mind, she only hoped she could keep that promise.

Lion

Veles relaxed enough to ease his arms from around her.  But he settled them on her face instead.  He didn't mean to put such a burden on her.  But he felt she had a right to know, even if in the end it proved for naught.  He truly hoped in the end it wouldn't be.  But never had he had such a vivid dream, not with such fiendish interpretation.

"Thank you," he said.  And kissed her forehead.  "I'm sorry.  I-I didn't mean to scare you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She blushed a little, still getting used to how touchy and affectionate he was. "It's alright," she assured him, petting his hair softly, as though try to to soothe a child. "It was just a nightmare, it can happen to anyone."

Glancing at his wound, she frowned a bit and asked, concerned, "How do you feel?"

Lion

Veles in truth had forgotten all about his leg and sat back awkwardly, wincing at the tearing tissue.  "It still hurts.  I'm sorry.  I'm such a burden.  I don't know if I like being so fussed over.  I'll make it up to you, I swear," he said, frowning as he watched the blood seep out into the bandage, spotting it here and there.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Ghost hissed in a small breath when she saw and scented the blood. Then she snapped her eyes back to his face and offered a reassuring smile.

"You're not a burden," she said quietly. "It's not your fault. Here, let me take a look." She leaned over to start to unwrap the makeshift bandaging.

Lion

"It stings."  Veles lifted his leg enough to make the movement of the bandages that much easier.  She was nice to him.  Almost too nice.  Anyone else would have questioned it, but for some reason Veles felt he could trust her.  She was like him in a way, hidden out here from prying eyes.  Curious eyes.

"Where did you learn to do the bandage thing?  Is it another human trick?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She nodded noncommittally, smiling softly and replying, "You could say that. Actually, a dryad taught me." Her brow furrowed just a bit. "I don't really interact with humans much."

Checking his wound, she used the already bloodied bandages to clean it a bit, then ripped a few more strips of fabric from her clothing and set about rebinding it. "I should probably go out and get us something to eat soon," she mused, glancing over her shoulder at the forest.

Lion

The mention of a dryad made his head tilt in curiosity.  "Do dryads make good parents?  I didn't know they could bear children.  Not like you anyway."  He was less interested in food, although sitting here and doing nothing was certainly making his stomach growl.  He supposed he could save the questions for later.

"If you wish, I'll still be here," he said, and smiled.  "Go on.  I'll be fine, I think.  I don't have anywhere else to be."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"I don't think they can have children, not in the traditional sense anyway," Ghost said with a small, slightly sad smile. "She...sort of adopted me. It's a bit of a long story."

Standing, she nodded at his assurance that he wouldn't leave the nest and turned to leave. Then she hesitated a moment, adding over her shoulder quickly, "If you're still interested when I get back, we could talk more..."

Shaking herself, she started off in a steady lope, shifting from girl to wolf in between strides as she took off into the trees.