Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She regarded him carefully.
"So... you found me then?"
Awkward. Did that mean he saved her life? Strange.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Vels made a face. She wasn't sure how to take that bit of information, but as she began to recall events leading up to her sudden memory loss..
She supposed it made sense. She glared as she looked him over.
"Then what. You need to explain to me because I don't like not knowing what happened."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Gavin shrugged helplessly. "Well, then I brought you here, and then you woke up, and then you tried to climb out a window."

visualspice

Vels made a face.
"How was I to trust you? I still barely know you!"

DragonSong

He shook his head. "I'm not asking you to trust me. You asked what happened and I told you- believe it or not, up to you, lass."

visualspice

Vels grimaced. She hated not knowing and needing to trust someone- even less than ignorance. She eyed him over skeptically before looking away as she huffed.

"So if it's true.." she went on, avoiding eye contact. "Does that mean you rescued me?"
At that idea, she looked his way, her face scrunched in confusion. He didn't look the hero type.

DragonSong

Gavin rubbed at the back of his neck as Smoke clucked in what seemed like amusement. "Well, I wouldn't say that," he muttered, glancing away.

visualspice

SHe looked irritated.
"Then what would you say?"

visualspice

"Helped?" she grew impatient, folded her arms across her chest. "Helped with what? Kidnapping me?"

DragonSong

Gavin arched one eyebrow. "Do you listen at all when other people speak? I said I brought you back here. Why would I have tried to kidnap you, then bring you back safe?"

visualspice

She didn't like him arguing with her and continue to glare at him.
"So then what? Do I.. Am I suppose to owe you now for rescuing me?" she had no idea how this worked. This was so weird. She was always by herself, kept to herself. Did she even owe him anything for this? She was employed by him.. wasn't she? Did that mean something would happen in the long run? And now her head was hurting from all of this thinking!

DragonSong

Gavin shook his head. "You don't owe me a thing, lass. I mean, outside of apprentice work, I guess. If you're still up for that."

visualspice

She looked at him, making a face before looking away.
"You mean to work with the bird."
It was more of a statement than a question. She sighed before muttering, "I'm sorry." It was obvious he was trying to help. She just wasn't sure what to think of all of this or... the fact she actually felt bad for what happened and he had to deal with this too...
It was new territory for her and she wished she was back out on her own- even if it meant this nice roof over hre head was no longer there. she felt much more at home when it was just her and nothing more.

DragonSong

"I do." He smiled and reached his hand out to her again. "Ya don't have to be sorry, lass. Come here, and let's get you something to eat maybe, yeah?"

visualspice

Something to eat? Her stomach growled with sweetness.  She blushed.
"I.. suppose I could eat." She tried not to look.embarassed, but her stomach just growled even louder as she fidgeted .

"You're.. too nice." She avoided eye contact as she muttered those words, but it was a way , atleast for her, of saying thank you.

DragonSong

Gavin chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I dunno about that. I just don't much like leaving people out in the cold, as it were—anyway, for the time being at least you are my apprentice. You're my responsibility."

Smoke clucked in that comforting sort of way again.

The falconer nodded back over his shoulder at the door to the room. "C'mon. Food's downstairs."

visualspice

She nodded and followed quietly, and in the silence she tried to salvage a bit of her pride.
Once they were downstairs, however, she felt some of that easily melt away at the smell of the food.
"Ansgar's name, the food smells amazing." Her eyes grew a bit large as she took in what was prepared. She considered just grabbing stuff up, but hesitated and looked to Gavin to be sure what was 'proper'. It was so strange to have rules about eating...
But she felt foolish enough already and her time here taught her enough to know there was  much she did not know about these types of people.

DragonSong

"Well thank you kindly, Miss Vels."

Myles suddenly appeared through the door to what Gavin assumed was the pantry, giving them both a friendly smile as he set another covered dish on the small table in the center of the kitchen. Seeing that the girl was clearly eager to dig in, the cook chuckled and assured her, "We're not so formal about how the servants eat around here; grab a plate and fill it with whatever looks good, then find a place to sit."

Relieved--he hadn't been sure of the proper protocol either--Gavin shot the other man a grateful smile, then found himself flushing a bit when it was returned with a wink.

He cleared his throat and gave Vels a quick jerk of his head toward the food. "Go on, then. I'm right behind ya."