Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Not Worth A Penny

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2016, 05:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She didn't need to be told twice and moved forward with a purpose , lifting lid after lid to take in each delight.
"There's so much food here!" And she was all smiles as she turned to the two.  "Can I really eat all that I want?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Myles chuckled and nodded while Gavin smiled and cautioned, "Just don't make yourself sick, yeah?"

The cook laughed softly again, shooting him a look. "Mother Hen, I see," he teased lightly, and Gavin blushed again.

"Er...I mean, she's my apprentice. I gotta look out for her, don't I?" he tried to excuse quickly.

visualspice

She gave the men both a sharp look.
"I might be homeless, but I'm not stupid. Only a fool would make themselves ill over food."

But the idea of scarfing food when she could was never far from her mind. Who knew how long this good luck would last. But the food smelled heavenly, and tasted beyond words. Or.. maybe she was just that hungry. It beat garbage or raw pidgeon any day.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Still homeless?" Myles gave Gavin a pointed look. "Making your apprentice sleep on the streets, are you? That's too cruel."

Not realizing at first that the cook was playing with him, Gavin gaped before hurrying to protest, "She can stay here if she wants! I mean, I assumed--I'm not tossing her out on the--!"

Myles's laugh cut him off, and he flushed deeply as he realized he was being teased. "Oh, you're too easy," the other man chuckled. With a wink for Vels, he said in a stage whisper, "Try not to take advantage too much, lass, the poor man looks as though he might have a heart attack if you tease too much."

visualspice

She had her eyes on them, wary at first, but as the banter continued, she slowly began to smile.
"I'll keep that in mind." And went back to biting into another piece of the food spread out before her. Gods this food was good

DragonSong

Myles chuckled and Gavin smiled a bit to himself as he tucked into his own food. He closed his eyes with a soft groan of appreciation--it really was good.

"You remember how to get to your room?" he asked his new apprentice after a couple of bites, eyeing her sidelong. "We'll have to be up early tomorrow, you should get some rest when you've finished."

visualspice

"I-" she began to state her case of being confident, but thinking about the route made her frown.
Swallowing her food, she looked to him. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to be shown again."

DragonSong

Gavin gave her what he hoped was an understanding sort of smile and nodded, shrugging away from the wall where he'd been leaning. "Alright. I should turn in soon myself, I can show you on the way."

Bidding farewell and goodnight to the cook, he stepped back out into the hallway with a jerk of his head for the girl to follow.

visualspice

She followed after, eyes curious as they went.
"I still can't believe how big this place is."
No matter how many times she could look down a hallway, there was just so much detail, and so much to take in- a detailed painting hung, an ornate urn or vase, even the clean, swept flooring.

DragonSong

He chuckled under his breath and nodded as he led her back down the halls toward the small room he'd been allowed to give her. "Yeah, I know the feeling. Never really lived in a place with more than four or five rooms, myself."

And even that was a bit of a stretch, when he was younger.

visualspice

She stared at him curiously.
"What kind of place did you grow up?"

DragonSong

His step faltered a moment, and he snapped his head around to look at her over his shoulder. Then he shook his head and looked forward again.

"A...farm. Not in Connlaoth. Serendipity, actually. I'm just here for work."

visualspice

"Serendipity?!" She nearly tripped over her feet. "Really?" She shook her head. "You must really like this job..." Why else would anyone choose to work in this war torn land?

DragonSong

"Like is...a strong word," Gavin muttered, and reached up to run a hand through his hair--a habit he'd had since boyhood when he grew uncomfortable or distracted. "Frankly, the pay is better here than anything I was getting back home. Because of, y'know...everything going on around here." He shrugged. "People are less willing to come do work in Connlaoth nowadays, so when someone wants a job done, they're willing to pay more?"

Was it a little underhanded? Maybe. But Gavin knew he was worth the money his employer was dishing out for his services, and frankly he thought the risk of his beastspeaking being discovered was more than enough compensation in this particular country.

visualspice

Vels studied him a moment as she nodded.
"We all do what we must to survive..." Which was precisely how the pair found themselves together. It was an interesting turnof events to events as she simply presumed she'd have to live out most of her days in the ruined city.

She noted he seemed uneasy about it and frowned.
"Sorry for prying.... I was just curious.  Just seems Serendipity would be better than all this."

DragonSong

"Oh--no, don't...It's fine." He offered her a smile as they approached the room that had been assigned to her for the duration of their stay. "Honestly, I don't think I disagree with you," he added with a wry twist of his mouth, lowering his voice a little. Just in case.

Fetching up against the wall beside her door, he gave it a quick nod. "I'm just two doors down the way. You need anything between now and morning, come and find me, yeah? We're up at dawn to start with the birds."

visualspice

Vels stared at him, finding herself smiling back, even though awkwardly, as she nodded.

"Yes, at dawn." her smile grew a little more. "To play with birds."

DragonSong

Gavin grinned at her and, without thinking, reached out to ruffle her hair. He caught himself and snatched his hand back quickly, but the smile stayed.

"Exactly." He gave her another nod before turning to head to his own room. "G'night, Vels."

visualspice

How long had it been since she had a truly, good night's sleep? Vels could never tell you just how long it had been, and surely wouldn't that morning, at dawn, when she was still sleeping soundly, unaware or even unphased that she had a promise to keep. Yes, to play with birds. For now, she'd continue to count sleep inside her head, breathing softly as she remained asleep as the hour was passing.

DragonSong

"OI, lass! Rise and shine!"

Gavin banged on her door twice. Kid slept like the dead. "We've got work to do, Vels, up and at 'em."