Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

S(t)ealing hearts [M]

Started by Medievarad, February 20, 2016, 06:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Usagi's eyes widened as she stepped back. Doubt seen on her face. The hellhound closed it's maw around her throat and practically ripped it out whilst the woman slumped to the ground. Dead.

And only after a few seconds, Usagi's corpse dissipated in some kind of black fog. "You're only afraid of hurting yourself,"she reformed behind Jynx. She raised her left kama to slash it down in her neck.

DragonSong

Jynx moved on reflex more than anything else, her mind momentarily occupied with the horror of seeing the girl die. She ducked and dropped to the ground, rolling away before she sprang back up behind Janus, the hellhound crouched protectively in front of her.

"It doesn't have to be like this, Spitfire," she said quickly. She'd thought she could do this, could defend herself, kill Usagi if it came to that. But it seemed she couldn't.

Medievarad

"You destroyed my life!" Usagi grit her teeth as she charged forward, momentarily blinking from sight, the same dark mist manifesting around her. She dissappeared from sight right before Jynx and Janus. Only to reappear with a dry huff in mid-air, a veil of shadows surrounding her.

She twisted in the air, aiming for Jynx' head with a downwards heelkick.

DragonSong

Dodging the kick, Jynx went on the defensive, throwing out a hand to stop Janus from attacking. "I don't want to fight you!" she spat, whirling away.

Medievarad

She immediatly followed Jynx in her movements, one of the kama dropping with a dry crack of wood. She pushed frwards, gripping the hand she held the knife in in an attempt to disarm it while smacking Jynx to the wall, holding her forearm against Jynx throat as she attempted to pin the redheaded thief to the wall. A rough treatment. But not any move that would be detrimental for either's physical condition.

"And I don't want to fight you," she proceeded if she had pinned Jynx to the wall sucesfully, her head slumping against the arm that was pressed to Jynx' throat, soft sobbing resounded. "Why didn't you just talk.."

DragonSong

Janus snarled, lunging for the younger woman, but Jynx barked, "No!" and allowed Usagi to press her back. She could break out of the hold easily enough, but she couldn't seem to make herself do it.

"What did you want me to say?" she asked quietly. "Nothing would have made it better."

Medievarad

"I wanted you to explain.. I wanted you to trust me." She looked up at Jynx again. Tears rolling down her cheeks. "The way I trusted you. We could've talked about it, find a solution. Or just accept it and enjoy the time we still had. Together."

She grit her teeth again, baring them slightly. "But you left me.. Abandoned me.."

DragonSong

Jynx shook her head in denial, though she was starting to realize that from the other woman's perspective it must have seemed that way. "I didn't abandon you," she protested. "I left you with those healers- I wanted you to get better, I was protecting you!"

Medievarad

"Yet.. What you did was the opposite of protecting.." She pressed herself closer to Jynx, "every night was a nightmare. Alone. Scared. And I knew I was to be cast from the place I once called home." She let out a slow and tired sigh. "You only made it worse." She loosened the grip on Jynx' hand subconciously. "These scars.. The pain.. I always blamed you. I wanted to kill you and take revenge. Brooding on it each day." She chuckled sadly.

"And now I can't even hurt you.."

DragonSong

Jynx's heart lurched. "Why didn't you just stay in La'marri?" she whispered, voice pained. "Start over there. You could have built a life for yourself..."

Medievarad

"Staying anywhere for longer than three days is a death sentence.. They're still hunting me.
, " she nuzzled Jynx' neck, closing her eyes slowly. "Even if I wanted.. I couldn't."

DragonSong

Jynx held very still, not pushing her away but not really returning the affectionate gesture either. "Who's hunting you?" she asked in a whisper.

Medievarad

"Ah.. Yes. You don't know where I had my training.. Or who used to assign my missions. But they are hunting me.. And they are faster, smarter and stronger than me. And they know me. They can predict everything." She chuckled slowly. "How else did I get these scars.."

DragonSong

"You're right." She let out a sharp breath. "I don't know you, not really. And you don't know me." She looked at her, gaze steady. "But I'd like to help, if you'd let me."

Medievarad

"Humour me.. How possibly could you help me?" Usagi asked, before looking up at Jynx. Cold, unimpressed. Having returned to her cold and distant guise.

DragonSong

She returned the cool stare. "Cut the head off of the snake. If we get rid of whoever's in charge, you're free."

Medievarad

Usagi chuckled slowly. "If it only were that simple. There is numerous others who would take up right where their commander was murdered. And believe me. We couldn't even face him.. Let alone find him."

DragonSong

Damn. "Then what do you want from me?" Jynx asked. At her side, Janus pressed closer protectively, one of his heads giving Usagi a threatening glare while the other whimpered and nudged his nose into Jynx's hand.

Medievarad

She nuzzled closer in Jynx' neck. "I want to kill you.. An eye for an eye," she whispered softly, "but I can't." Usagi pressed a soft kiss against her neck before stepping away from her. She the kama from the floor and sheathing it on her back. "I'll make sure our paths will never cross again." A thick veil of shadows slowly started to surround her. "If anyone comes asking you about me, cooperate. They won't hurt you and you don't know enough to put them any closer to me." She chuckled bitterly. "And keep the knife. Luck isn't a factor where I'm headed."

DragonSong

The thief stood stock still, practically vibrating with tension. She stared at Usagi, wanting to say something but not sure what.

She settled for a murmured, "I wish you well," gold eyes shining with a tinge of sincerity they normally didn't show.