Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Seething darkness [M]

Started by Medievarad, March 03, 2016, 01:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

@Arocraes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Limadan slowly walked through the streets of Suna, his eyes narrowed. There were a lot of people who brushed past him, giving him wary looks. The dread of his aura was clear in the air and everyone who walked past him, did so with taking a bit of distance from the towering giant clad in armour. Some whispered his title. Or, at least, the title legends gave him. The Heretic King.

But, he wasn't here for anyone. Nor was he here for bloodshed. An ancient artifact had been located. A whisper in a shallow sleep's dream. But the closer he dawned upon Suna, the more he felt the presence of such dark artifact. It was possibly Harmaanian. Perhaps it was a shard of the lady of grey's armour.

A soft, anticipating smile appeared on his lips as he thought about it. His mask hid all his features. It was just a matter of time for his mistress to return.

Arocraes

Arocraes was browsing a fruit stall, trying his best to avoid drawing attention to himself. He picked up a bruised peach before resting it back in its place and lightly sighing. Of all the mundane daily tasks he was obligated to complete, grocery shopping was the one he loathed the most. He closed his eyes and cocked his head back allowing his forehead to become the perfect resting place for the sun's rays. He unwillingly listened to the banter going back and forth amongst the crowds around him while he wished for more excitement, more of a reason to live.

The banter turned into quiet murmurs, and the once vibrant chatter turned into an atmosphere full of awe and fear. Arocraes opened his eyes and moved his head until he could find the source of the commotion. His eyes widened at the sight of this behemoth of a person he was not even sure was a mortal. The craftmanship of the beast's armor was magnificent, Arocraes thought, and his gait, filled with power and confidence, only revealed a small fraction of the immense power he must hold. Arocraes was deeply intrigued, and decided to follow this person. He weaved in and out of the crowd, maintaining a 3 meter distance at all times and try to hide the sound of his footsteps as best as he could.

Medievarad

He didn't notice a persuer. Or in the least, he didn't even care. Limadan made his way to the inn and walked up to the counter.

Without a word, he stepped over the oak barrier, the innkeep protesting. Limadan only sighed and lifted him up by his throat, flinging him against the wall, before heading down some stairs.

Arocraes

Arocraes had to hold back his laughter. He had never seen another human been manhandled the way the innkeeper had been. Arocraes took advantage of all the commotion, and struck the ground with his katana creating a thin layer of air underneath his feet that could masquerade his footsteps. He continued to follow the beast down the stairs, eager to meet what lies at the end.

Medievarad

Limadan tapped against the cobblestone wall he was stood infront of him. One of the taps sounded hollow. With a low grunt he stepped back, before smacking.his foot against the wall, breaking it down. Revealing a dark cave, littered with cobwebs.

He grabbed one of the torches from the wall and descended down the cave, looking around. No doubt. The influence of the artifact was feelable.

Arocraes

Arocraes became even more enthused by this situation. He was still cautious, maintaining the 3 meter distance away from this beast. Seeing him tear down a stone wall with ease was more than enough for Arocraes to know that this beast was stronger than he looked; and he looked strong. Arocraes continued to follow him, but from further back so the light from the torch wouldn't illuminate his presence. His hand hovered over his katana as he crouched along, sensing that there might be impending danger.

Medievarad

The cave ended in a large clearing with ancient ruins. It was certain the artifact.Limadan sought was here. A sickening aura of.dread emanated frol the clearing. And as soon as Limadan set foot in it, the shadows formed tigether to a massive hulking creature. With a shard of corrupted metal in its eye.

"A demon?" The giant questioned. But he was only answered with a loud roar.

Arocraes

Arocraes' jaw dropped and he chuckled in amusement. He would never expected such a creature to exist, nor have it dwell beneath the city he grew up in. He dashed forward and simultaneously drew his katana with excitement, landing next to the beast he had been following for so long. He, for some reason, assumed that the beast who he knows nothing about was his ally, and perhaps was too hasty in deciding that.

Medievarad

Someone joined by his side. An idiot. Limadan swiftly turned around and smacked the back of his gloved hand against Arocraes' face, probably sending him flying back to the entrance to the clearing.

He then turned around with a low growl, slowly unsheathing the large blade from his back. Everything went silent, only the sheen of his blade resounded, before a loud roar. Met by an even louder one that came from Limadan.

The sound of flesh tearing and blood dripping.

With a loud thud, everything went silent again. Limadan closed his hand around the corrupted shard and pulled it out of the corpse, looking at it with a soft smile underneath his mask.

Arocraes

Arocraes' body struck the wall of the entrance like a ragdoll before it thumped the ground beneath. He was winded and had to do his best to conjure air from his katana back into his lungs. He drove his sword into a crease in the ground and managed to steadily bring himself up on his own two feet. However, he was still recovering his strength, and angered that someone would strike him when he was trying to help. He was about to shout towards the beast when he caught sight of what just happened. The demon that was conjured managed to be defeated from the time between when Arocraes was hit to when he got back up, at the hands of the beast in front of him no less.

He could not see what the beast was ripping out of the carcass of the demon, but Arocraes did not care. He began to walk towards the beast with his katana in one hand. "What was that for?" he yelled at the beast, "I was trying to help!" Arocraes was visibly shaken with anger, but given the immense strength that this beast showed it was probably not a good idea for him to provoke him. He prepared himself for another possible hit.

Medievarad

Limadan studied the corrupted shard closely. Marvelous. Truly marvelous. It was all he had hoped for. A shard infused with his mistress' energy. He looked up and glanced his shoulder. How he hated being disturbed. A low snarl left him. "I don't recall asking for help. You also stood in my way," he growled as he clenched his hand around the shard.

It was powerful. He anticipated adding this piece to his armour already. Perhaps he could infuse his sword with it.

Arocraes

Arocraes was about to reply before he took notice of crystal the man was holding. For some reason he was enchanted by it; he had never seen a material that resembles its shape or glow, and wondered if he could possibly craft it into a special piece of armor back at his shop. "What is that?" Arocraes asked after he calmed down a little bit. He didn't care about this hulk of a creature before him that sent him flying across the room and defeated a demon with ease. He was, for some reason, captivated by the crystal.

Medievarad

"This is," he glanced at Arocraes, "none of your bussiness." He closed his fist around the shard and put stuck against his belt, feeling the hum of the corruption, Limadan smiled slowly. It reminded him of the void.

It reminded him of home.

Arocraes

"Now now, that's not very nice" Arocraes sarcastically replied. "All I want is a little peek at it" he continued. His eyes were fixated on the man's waist where he held the crystal. "My name is Arocraes, by the way" he continued.

Medievarad

"I don't care what is nice," Limadan spat out as he turned to Arocraes. "It is not for your eyes, if you wish to see it, take it." He answered, spite clear in his voice.

"I don't care for your name, weakling."

Arocraes

Arocraes curled the right corner of his mouth, he was hoping the beast would challenge him. He momentarily dug his toes into the rubble on the ground to prepare himself to dash forward. Arocraes charged forward, and as he did so he toss dirt up using his katana to cause a distraction. He then reached for the shard with his free hand.

Medievarad

Limadan arched an eyebrow. The dust flew up and hid Arocraes' charge. He stepped forward and with a loud and dry clunk, he smacked the palm of his hand against Arocraes' face, throwing him back against the wall. "This is mine."

Arocraes

Arocraes immediately blacked out from the initial impact momentarily, returning to consciousness while in air giving him enough time to produce a swirl of wind to cushion his fall. When he tried to stand up, however, he immediately fell down, somewhat concussed from the initial blow. After getting to his feet Arocraes pulled his katana in front of him, preparing for a fight.

"Why are you so obsessed with that thing? Judging by how you look I wouldn't expect you to fawn over shiny little rocks" Arocraes said, cheekily, before adding "You would get along well with my sister." Arocraes grinned in amusement, wondering if the beast could take a joke.

Medievarad

"I'd rape her," he only answered as he turned around to Arocraes. "Those 'shiny little rocks' hold more power and worth than you," he snarled slowly. "Out of my way."

Arocraes

"Perhaps the only way an ugly git like you could get his fix" Arocraes replied, half jokingly and half angrily. His eyes once again shifted to where the beast hid the crystals. "Are those for a special girl? I think she'd prefer flowers over bloody stones ripped out of a corpse" Arocraes said, with his new plan being to annoy the man into striking first, allowing Arocraes to get close and to have another shot at taking the crystal.

Tags: