Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Children of Men

Started by visualspice, March 20, 2016, 05:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

When the soaking wet pillow came flailing her way, she had managed to doge it, but the water that spiraled off of it got everyone wet, and soon even the servants were chastising the young boy. And Petrin stood there, a bit horrified that her clothes were all wet.

"SELDON!" she screamed. "That's it- I'm getting Mattie!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

Seldon's eyes went wide at Petrin's yelling and the chastising servants. "Bu-bu-.." He started as his eyes went teary. "Y-you started!" He cried out loudly in return.

Jounin64

When the initial greeting of early guests waned to a close, Toma headed to the dinning hall for a official declaration, and signify the beginning of his celebration. This action leaves him very vulnerable, making the young noble reluctant, but it's proper etiquette and he doesn't want to disappoint his parents.

Taking his seat at the head of the table, he fakes a smile towards his mother and father who sit at the two seats closest to him.

"So son how does it feel to sit at the head? Don't get used to it though, I'm not going anywhere any time soon." Lord Stark gives off a hearty laugh at his own comment.

Toma's mother shoots her husband a disapproving glare, then looks towards her son. "Well in a more serious matter, we have many guests planned to arrive, and they'll surely be bringing their unwed daughters. You are eighteen now, and really should think about finding a spouse."

"Are there any generals coming?"

Slightly taken aback by her son's blatant redirection, Lady Stark responds. "Well yes, but only one of them have a daughter that has yet to marry." She pauses for a moment before continuing. "But I would not recommend her, there are a few unpleasant rumors circulating her."

Toma's false smile quickly fades at this. "And what rumors are those?"

"Well I've heard rumors of her having fits out of nowhere, and talking to herself from time to time. Some think she's mad, and others believe she's possessed. Either way, it would only get our family caught in needless affairs if you were to court her."

"Very well." Toma left his response vague to not worry his mother. The young noble very well intends on finding this woman. Protecting his family is more important than political affairs to him.   

visualspice

Mattie was summoned, and the old maid made her way into the little lord's chambers and everything seemed to grow colder, quieter. She of course, tsked at the young lord and took over, although not without scolding the young lady Stark, first.

"Be off with you, my lady. Towels up and have your servants see your dress is proper." And she turned from Petrin who cast a cat like grin at Seldon before she disappeared into the hall. The large woman moved towards the bath.

"Alright, up with your arms so I can inspect them. And I want to see them fingernails, young lad. Can't have you showing up at your brother's special day with dirt in your nails! Now 'urry up, we ain't got much time!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Medievarad

Seldon stuck his tongue to Petrin when Mattie was turned to her.

He looked up to Mattie as Petrin left, raising his arms reluctantly.

visualspice

The younger Starks were off being prepared, Petrin now in her room with ladies fussing over her hair and dress. Naturally, her parents thought it fitting if she wore white. She hated white. She never thought it looked good on her, but the green and gold embroidery was lovely, and so was the family's crest that hung off a gold chain around her neck.

It had been her grandmother's, handed down to her a month before she had passed. She had always been close to her, and in fact, had been named after her. The bonds with her, her mother and her grandmother were very close...
And she still missed her.

But she supposed she could visit the crypt on another day.

"Are you finished with the ties?" Petrin found herself asking, impatiently.

"Just about, my lady."

Petrin sighed and looked back into the mirror. And though she wished she could be getting joy out of Seldon's plight in dealing with Mattie, she herself, felt a bit nervous for this outting. Because though her parents were seeking a perfect match for their son...
There had also been talks about pairing her up as well.

Jounin64

(I'm so sorry for such a late response! >.<)

Lady Stark looked around impatiently as she discreetly tapped her foot. "Seldon and Petrin should very well have been here by now."

Lord Stark laid a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry I'm sure they are fine, probably just giving the handmaidens a little bit of trouble."

"They need to learn punctuality sooner or later, but right now we must begin the festivities." Lady Stark gave him a quick glare.

With her irritability acknowledged, he raised a glass of wine and any current banter went silent. "Ladies and gentlemen! Lords and ladies! May the ceremony of my eldest son Toma's birth commence!"

visualspice

Petrin had barely made it to her parents side after her father's announcement, and though she didn't see Seldon yet, she wasn't completely surprised. She gave her mother an apologetic look before beaming at her brother Toma. This was his day after all. And did he ever look handsome.