Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Song of the Sea [Juno]

Started by DragonSong, March 22, 2016, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Ash smiled and let her cheek rest against his scales. "Thanks, Yan," she murmured. She felt a little guilty about dragging him along in this, but at the same time she was incredibly grateful he was with her.

Juno

The young dragon rumbled happily for her appreciation, the sincerity of her words alone enough to grow a pit of warmth in the center of his chest. For a moment he wondered if it might be his fire, but it had never felt quite like that before and the longer he dwelled upon it the more the sensation faded. Odd.

'Sleep if you're still tired, I'll wake you if there's something important,' Yan offered, amused at how easily she laid herself out upon his back and neck.

DragonSong

"Mm?" She tilted her head a bit. "Are you sure? I don't want to...take advantage," she mumbled, though she didn't exactly move to straighten up.

Juno

'Of course. I've got the navigating down, I'm just following them. Get some rest if you want,' he encouraged, not really knowing what else she might do. He didn't need her help, but conversation for the company would be nice, too.

DragonSong

"Well...if you're sure." Aishling sighed and let herself relax against him a bit more, eyes sliding closed and breathing gradually evening out.

Juno

He didn't mind the limp weight against his back, barely feeling her unless she was rocked by a wave. He checked on her frequently, adjusting her when needed for balance with gentle nudges of his muzzle. He worried about her being out in the midday sun but mercifully some clouds gave them some cover.

They seemed to be approaching a small bump on the horizon, an island, he realized. Once it became clear he was being led to it instead of around it he turned his head to nudge at Aishling's arm more forcefully. 'I think we're about to make a stop,' he reached out to her gently.

DragonSong

"Mrph." Ash batted at the nose that nudged her, then sat up slowly with a yawn. "We're stoppin'?" She yawned again, looking around blearily.

Juno

'They haven't said exactly but I think so. Look up ahead.' He turned his head away to point straight forward. 'Looks like land, yeah?'

DragonSong

She nodded. "Looks like." Patting his neck, she leaned over him slightly to get a better look. "How long was I out?"

Juno

The young dragon snorted with a shake of his head, a deep rumble replacing the laugh that would have been there if he'd been in his human form. 'Nearly the whole day. I'm guessing last night was a bit of a disaster? Maybe a cave wasn't my best idea for you.'

DragonSong

Ash chuckled a little sheepishly. "Maybe," she admitted. "But I'm fine, really. I think I'm good after that nap."

Juno

'Humans are so fragile, aren't they?' He huffed softly at that reflection, slowing his pace a bit as he veered more directly towards the shoreline, eventually dragging himself out of the water onto the unfamiliar sands. He turned his head to watch the selkies darting about in the shallows, uncertain if they would wait for him but hopeful that he could at least have a short rest if they would continue on before nightfall.

Yan dropped his head to rest on the sand, leaning on his side without entirely rolling so he wouldn't disturb her too much. 'I just need a few minutes.'

DragonSong

"Oh!" Aishling jumped to the sand and moved around to his head. She laid a hand on his cheek, eyes searching his worriedly. "I'm sorry, Yan. Are you alright?"

Juno

His eyes widened briefly, a little surprised by her concern over him but touched at the same time. He leaned his head up slightly to press his cheek to her palm with a low rumble of assurance. 'Yes, just a little tired,' he admitted. 'It's been a lot of swimming, but I'll live.'

DragonSong

Ash smiled and stroked her palm over his cheek, then allowed her nails to scritch at his scales. "Alright. Don't try to push yourself, okay?"

She glanced over her shoulder at the water, the few selkies that had started playing about when it became clear that they were pausing for a rest.

Juno

Yan let his head fall heavily to the sand again, his tail swishing once in a wide, lazy motion against the wet sand. 'I just didn't get much rest yesterday. I'll sleep more from now on, I just don't like leaving you unprotected in a strange place. It would be my fault if something happened to you because I was sleeping,' he noted in a grouchy tone, huffing softly for how uncomfortable that notion made him feel.

DragonSong

"No." She braced her fists on her hips with a small frown. "It wouldn't be your fault. It'd be mine. I'm your friend, Yan, not your responsibility."

She rubbed at the scales of his eye ridge absently, still frowning worriedly.

Juno

A gentle, happy rumble of appreciation echoed through his chest, his head tilting slightly against her touch. Her attentions were still such a new sensation to him, but he was definitely liking them. He could understand the appeal for lesser creatures to walk among humans, to be pets for them if they received affection like that and companionship regularly in exchange.

'You are my friend, yes,' he insisted gently. 'That is why I care what happens to you. I don't want you to be unhappy or afraid... or alone. That's why I agreed to go with you. Isn't that what human friends do?'

DragonSong

"Well..." She supposed he may have a point there. With a little huff, she shook her head and frowned at him, but her lips quirked up just a bit on one side. "Why do you always have to make sense?"

Another sigh and she patted his cheek. "Alright, suppose I should climb aboard then, hm?"

Juno

'So eager to keep moving? I'm sure humans treat their horses better,' he teased gently. Yan was happy enough to indulge her, though. He'd gotten his brief rest even if it was less than he'd truly wanted. A good long nap would be in order later, or the longest sleep of his life.

'Let's keep going,' he prompted gently with a tired sigh, standing up in the sand and slowly making his way back out into the shallows, rejoining the seals in their loose formation once he was certain the girl was steady on his back once more.