Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Happy birthday to me! [Dragonsong!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 31, 2016, 02:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

It had been a wonderful nineteenth birthday, to say the least.

Namely because Valor had spent the latter half of it gloriously drunk, boozing it up with his friends and eating himself sick--so that he had room to eat more, of course. The earlier part of the day had been spent with his family, where they had had a respectable meal together and given him gifts, family heirlooms and other such garbage he didn't really care about. But he could pretend to be respectable long enough to make it to the real party.

That party had spanned across several taverns and lasted until they got kicked out of the final one for being too rowdy. Finally, as night stretched toward the morning hours, they returned home, and Valor finally trudged up to his quarters and collapsed into bed, still fully clothed, reeking of stale beer, and smeared here and there with some lady's bright red lip paint.

He didn't get much rest at all before a knock sounded at his door, along with muffled laughter. He groaned and lifted up onto his elbows. He really just wanted to sleep now.

"What is it?" he called, and the door cracked open to admit one of his best friends, Pari. Who was wearing a shit-eating grin and shuffling his feet.

"Oh, nothing! I just realized I'd forgotten to give you my gift to you. The time just wasn't right, since I figured you'd want to be alone to enjoy it."

Eh? Valor rubbed his eyes and lifted an eyebrow. "Oh?"

Looking out into the hallway, Pari snapped his fingers at the servants waiting beside him. "Go on, bring him his gift, then! Oh, Valor, you're going to love it, I know! Tell me all about it tomorrow!"

And with a final wink his way, Pari left, leaving the servants behind to bring him...whatever it was they were bringing him.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DragonSong

Ka'lei had been having a bad day.

Or rather, another bad day in a series of bad days in a bad month that- well, things hadn't been going well. It had been maybe a week since she'd been dragged off a ship on a dock in Cerenis and then carted hither and yon and who knew where else before coming...here.

She honestly didn't really know where she was.

She knew she didn't like it though. She'd been dressed- despite her best efforts to fight her way out of it- in a skimpy, sheer little outfit that barely covered anything important, a heavy gold collar clasped around her neck and connected to two pretty but very effective gold chains that looped through the cuffs on her wrist and were held by the two servants.

At least her wings were free, even if they wouldn't do her much good at the moment. Her flight feathers had been clipped barely a month ago, it would be at least a few more weeks before she could fly again.

And damn did she wish she could fly. She'd been a slave long enough to know what it meant when a girl was prettied up and dragged into a man's bedchambers. Ka'lei scowled at her newest master, eyes snapping fire, though she had the good sense to keep her mouth shut- for now- as the servants tossed her chains into the room and closed the door behind them. Her wings arched up behind her instinctively, her body ready to fly even though her mind knew that trying would be useless.

Rhindeer

Oh, he should have known.

Valor stared up at the woman that was dragged into his room. The barely clothed, winged woman.

Wings? Another man's eyes might have lingered on her breasts and curves and lips, but he just gaped at her wings, because he'd seen plenty of naked women, but he'd never seen one with feathers. He gaped as the door shut behind her, then caught sight of the chains and followed them to her hands and neck. Oh. So this wasn't just a whore. Pari had actually bought him a slave.

Oh, Kia. That...well, he supposed he should be flattered, but whores at least got paid and wanted to serve him since he paid well, at that. A slave...?

Finally, his eyes met hers, and he saw the fire in them.

Nope. This wasn't a happy girl.

Had Pari been drunk off his ass, too, when he'd thought this was a good idea?

With a slight groan, Valor passed a hand through his hair and sat up. Well, not much he could do about this now. He was exhausted, his head was a little achy, and it would be better to process this when he was stone cold sober. "Nice wings," he said, and hid a yawn behind his hand. "Do they actually work?"

...Well. There had been a hundred different things he had been planning on saying, but that was the first thing that decided to tumble out.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DragonSong

She blinked at him, utterly dumbfounded for a moment.

Then she sniffed, tossing her hair and planting her fists on her hips, chains clinking with an almost pleasant little chiming sound. "At the moment? No." She flicked her wings out to their full length- or as near to it as she could get in this room.

To anyone who knew birds, it would be clear that her primaries had been clipped, and she wouldn't be flying until the next time she molted. Sniffing, Ka'lei shuffled her feathers and folded her wings against her back again.

"I suppose you'll want to know when I molt? So you can clip them again?" she spat, taking a step back toward the door. She wasn't stupid enough to think she could really make a break for it, but it was oddly comforting to know the door was there.

Scowling fiercely, she added, "If you touch me, I'll bite you." Not her best threat, but it was the only one she could really follow through on at the moment.

Rhindeer

Valor's eyes did rake over her body then, as the hands on her hips only drew his eye down to them. But then he looked back to her wings as she spread them, eyebrows rising at their impressive span. Then he noticed the feathers themselves. Clipped. Ah. So she could fly with them.

Good to know!

At her snap, he waved a hand dismissively. "Oh, don't worry. I only like touching people that want to be touched," he said with a tired smile, and stretched back out onto his bed, laying on his side with his head propped up on an elbow. "So if that changes for you, let me know, and we can have a wickedly good time together! In the meantime, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm truly exhausted. You won't strangle me with those chains if I nap, will you?"

DragonSong

Ka'lei's jaw actually dropped open. "You- you don't- you're not going to-"

She just stared at him for a moment as he flopped onto the bed, utterly stunned. She wasn't quite sure that she should believe him, but- she was tired too. So, so tired. It felt like she'd spent the last month on high alert, unable to rest without her other half there to watch her back...

With a sigh she sank down onto the floor, leaning back against the wall. "No," she muttered, watching him warily. "I won't...hurt you. Not unless you hurt me first."

Rhindeer

"And I've no intention of tarnishing my birthday gift," Valor said with another yawn, nestling into his pillows and still too comfortable to change out of his clothes. Which was a good thing for his new guest, really, since he slept nude. Ah, yes, he'd definitely have to figure out what he was going to do with his gift. He didn't want to be rude and give her back, and honestly, she was quite lovely under all that fire. He was certain he could figure out some use for her, even if it wasn't the use Pari intended.

Hm. Speaking of that...

He gave another lazy wave and pat the mattress.

"You don't have to sleep on the floor like a dog, either. There's room enough up here," he said, which was true. His bed was massive, large enough to fit several people comfortably. He may have put that to the test, once upon a time.

"Even with those huge wings of yours. I don't mind, so long as there's no aforementioned strangling and I don't wake up with feathers in my mouth. Oh, and if you don't mind, you could moan a little, too." He jerked a thumb to his door. "I don't want to disappoint anyone."

DragonSong

Ka'lei started a bit, surprised by the offer. "Really?" She hesitantly got to her feet and took a step forward. Gods but that bed looked inviting- though she was still a little wary of her new master.

A wariness that was tinged suddenly with a combination of surprise and indignation at his odd request. "I will do no such thing!" she snapped, huffing and folding her arms with a tinkling chime from her chains. "You'll have to order me," she amended after a moment. Even she knew better than to disobey a direct order, at least not too often.

This strange young man seemed like he wouldn't be too brutal of an owner, but who knew when that would change?

With a small sigh, Ka'lei inched toward the bed again. "You'll...stay on that side?" she muttered, perching on the edge and bringing her wings around to hug her shoulders.

Rhindeer

"Oh, fiiiiine," Valor sighed dramatically, feigning a pout at her sheer indignation. Really, was it such a vile request? "I suppose I can live with not getting fake-laid tonight and chalk it up to whiskey dick. But if anyone asks, we made up for it in the morning in a blaze of passion so wild your face went numb. I've got a reputation to uphold, you see. And I don't want my friend to think his generosity was wasted. He's sensitive."

He turned to watch her creep toward the bed, as wary as though she thought he might pounce, when really, he couldn't be bothered to move if he wanted to. At her question, he snorted a laugh and nodded. "Cross my heart," he said, and marked an X across his chest. "But don't kill me if I start to drift. Awake me isn't responsible for asleep me."

DragonSong

She actually felt her lips start to twitch up on one side in a crooked smile. "Fair enough." This man's sense of humor was rather similar to her own, all things considered.

She supposed things could be worse.

With more clinking of chains and a few muffled curses as she tried to figure out a way to lay comfortably in her ridiculous outfit, Ka'lei settled herself on one side of the bed, as close to the edge as she could manage.

After a moment, she muttered, "You know, if you really want to sell a fake-lay, I could rip some of this." She held up the flimsy fabric that made up her "skirt". "Call it a thank you for...for not forcing me." It was about as close to a friendly gesture as she could manage.

Rhindeer

Valor heard the clink of chains, creak of the bed, and the slight shifting in weight as she climbed in next to him--along with those rather unladylike curses. He turned again to look at her, and couldn't help but smile. Ah, a lady after his own heart, with those manners. Though...hrm. Those chains. It was probably the alcohol making his brain sluggish, but he prooobably should have seen those chains taken care of. They couldn't be comfortable.

And she couldn't strangle him with them then.

He was still pondering that when she spoke, and a startled laugh bubbled out. "Well, there's hardly anything there to rip, but I'll take it!" he said, and reached out absently to pluck at the fabric. "What is this even made of? Spiderwebs? You may as well be naked."

Stretching his arms over his head, he rolled over all the way so he could face her properly. "In any case, I think if I'd tried anything funny, you would win that battle anyway. I'm a lover, not a fighter, and you've got a chain. Why they'd send you in here practically armed, I will never figure it out. Perhaps the joke truly was on me. Here."

He grabbed at one of her wrists and inspected the manacle. "Of course it needs a key to open. They really didn't think this through. Not only did they send you in weaponized, but those chains would get in the way terribly even if you had been willing. Ridiculous. I'll have them removed in the morning."

DragonSong

Ka'lei tensed at his touch, then found herself suddenly laughing, albeit bitterly and quietly. "I believe that's the point?" she noted to his comment about her being practically naked, arching an eyebrow.

As he continued chattering away- strange, the men in Essyrn had never bothered to actually talk to her- the other eyebrow crept up to join its twin. "Well...yeah, I guess that's all true," she said slowly, turning over to look at him and tilting her head. Her wings shuffled behind her as she resettled herself. "But, I mean- I doubt they'd expect me to fight back. Good little slave girls just do what they're told."

Narrowing her eyes slightly, she added quickly, "Which is why I'm not a good little slave. Which I don't exactly hide. I think your friend was drunk off his ass, or not very bright. Probably both."

She sort of winced as the words slipped out, instinctively expecting him to hit her for the insult to his friend. Damnit, Kai was right. She really needed to learn to keep her mouth shut.

Rhindeer

But rather than be offended, Valor cracked a wide grin, his eyes sparkling with mirth.

"Oh, I think I like you," he said. "Good little girls were never my thing. And besides, you're hardly little." He swept a look up and down her to make his point. He hadn't stood up to check, but she was a taller woman than he was accustomed to--maybe as tall as he was.

And as he looked at her, already the wheels in his head began to turn. He would have to sit on the thought, wait until he was sober before deciding if it was a viable idea, but perhaps good ol' drunken Pari had just hand-delivered him an opportunity. Sure it wouldn't be what he'd intended him to use her for...but he was beginning to see how she could be useful in other ways.

He yawned again, and let his eyes drift shut. "What's your name, anyway? I'm Valor."

DragonSong

She relaxed fractionally when she realized he wasn't going to strike her. And automatic frown stole over her face at the words "I like you"- that had never boded well for her before- but then her expression cleared.

Yes, this could definitely have been much worse.

"No, I suppose I'm not all that little," she agreed with a huff and the tiniest flash of a smile. She rather wanted to roll onto her stomach to sleep properly, but the chains prevented it. "Name's Ka'lei," she added, dropping her head onto the pillow with a sharp exhale. "Damn, this is soft..."

Rhindeer

"Mm, it's silk," Valor murmured around another yawn, already starting to fade. He nestled his face into his pillow. "Imported from Thanatos."

And before long, he was softly snoring, the alcohol and exhaustion lulling him off fast.

DragonSong

Ka'lei snorted quietly. Silk imported from Thanatos. Well of course. Why not? Perfect bizarre ending to this bizarre day.

It took her a little longer to fall asleep, tense and wary as she was. Eventually though, sheer exhaustion won out and she drifted off. She turned into her side and curled up in a little ball, chains chiming and wings fluttering as they settled around her body like a feathery blanket.

Rhindeer

A feathery blanket that, sometime during the night, Valor tried to use as an actual blanket.

Because Valor had been too lazy and drunk to climb under the blankets, and instead fell asleep on top of them. And with Ka'lei sleeping next to him, a nice, warm source, he naturally drifted in his sleep and wormed his way closer. And closer. Until before long he was nestled up into her feathers and curling up against her, still happily snoozing.

DragonSong

She woke at the touch, but just barely. She was so tired...

"Kai," she groaned, still half asleep and believing it was her twin curling ever closer into her back. "C'mon, move back to your side." Ka'lei gave the body beside her a sleepy shove of protest with her wings, half turning as she did.

It was only then she remembered where she was, and that the man she was sharing a bed with was not her brother. She bolted upright with a distinct jangling of chains and shot so far toward the edge of the bed she almost fell of. "Oi! Thought you said no funny business," she snapped, eyes narrowed.

Rhindeer

Valor didn't wake at the nudge.

But he did wake at the loud jangle of chains, and when the warm, fluffy blanket he'd curled up into suddenly yanked away and left him shivering. He grabbed for it groggily, but his hand only groped at empty space, and then a somewhat familiar voice was snapping at him and he blinked groggily in the dark.

Eh...?

Oh...the slave girl.

He let out a loud yawn, and only then did he realize he was now occupying most of the large bed. "I did," he said, rubbing at his eyes. "See? I'm not touching you. Just like I said."

DragonSong

Oh. He'd been asleep.

Okay, maybe she'd overreacted a bit.

"Right. Um...right," Ka'lei muttered, settling back down on the bed. "Just- scooch over, would you? This bed's big enough, you don't need to be all pressed up against me." She gave a little huff and twisted to put her back to him again, feathers ruffling.

Tags: