Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lady and the fan (M) (Ruby Red)

Started by Mephistel, April 07, 2016, 05:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

It was a spotless day, spotless because the sky was clear and blue! Not a single cloud in it, not even one. No rain would fall over the land today, unless the weather decided otherwise, but so far, it was a very lovely day. Even for the young panda girl, which was traveling alone. She had a friend with whom she had escaped her former home but they were separated during a storm. Sadly, she hadn't heard from her since then and always kept a look out to find her eventually.

In her red and blue flowers pattern kimono, the young girl looked pretty attractive, her figure was lovely, even if she was covered with fur. Jewelry covered her ears and wrist as she was carrying a small backpack, which contain her usual assets of accessories for her performance. There was a tambourine, some small bells, two fans of different color and a small flute.

Merin was walking along the port side, looking for a place to stay. During her small time traveling so far, she had manage to get a few coins by performing in the streets. She loved dancing and despite how she had been raised in a pleasure house, she could never come to dislike it. Moving her body to the rythme of the music was fun, she felt so free during those times.

Yawning a bit, she eventually found a inn that didn't look too bad. Perhaps she could get a few more coins there if the owner would allow her to perform! And she was sure, this would please the customers. She was confident in her own dancing abilities, after all, she had been trained by some of the best! She wouldn't admit to it tough.

Entering the place, she went to the counter and talked to the owner for a while, after a few words and some convincing, he'd allow her to perform and get some money for it. She was all smile, they already had a musician performing, all was left was for her to adjust her dance, which she discussed with him later on.

-------------------------------------------
Night time

The inn was getting crowded, like every night. Merin wasn't nervous at all, she had perform before a lot of different crowd, but today would be different, this would be of her own will. She was getting ready as the stage was set, the musician was waiting for her to be ready. Adjusting her kimono and her various accessories, she made herself even more attractive then usual, after all, she was about to perform.

She smiled at herself in the mirror and nodded. She was ready. Climbing down the stairs, she could see the small crowd in the place. She didn't knew if she could get everyone attention, but she would do her best, as usual. Waving at the musician, he nodded to her and started tapping on one of the drum. Merin made her way to the stage as people started looking at her.

Extending her two fans on each side once on stage, she smiled at the crowd.

-To you all, ladies and gentleman, I, Merin Rin, shall perform for you tonight! A dance of wonders and dream! Please enjoy to your heart content!-

She said, bowing slightly to them. They fell silent as the music was getting faster. She then started dancing. The music was beautiful and following her every steps, her moves were hypnotics and quick, sometimes slow, she would play with the fans with ease and use every fiber of her body to entrance her own style. It was quite exotic and pleasing to see. Her kimono adding some mysteries while revealing others as she turned and danced. Moving her hips and hands along.

Even her expression was going along the dance. Her black eyes looking at the crowd while she dance with a wild and yet refine style. The crowd was quickly taken in by her and was cheering on as she performed.

Ruby Red

The oaken doors open once more to admit more guests, brought by the cheerful callouts to the artistic performance within. Chilled nighttime air drifted in for a moment as the two newcomers enter. A creak, a slight thump, and the door is closed again.

The first to enter, a rather skinny man wearing a tattered green coat with several pieces of armor and a sheathed longsword by his left hip, drifts over to the crowd after surveying his surroundings. Rather handsome, even with a few scars across his features and such greasy dark hair, the man's attention is immediately caught by Merin. His livly brown eyes survey her briskly, watching her every movement in the pause before he moves. Undoubtly, he was interested, like the rest of the crowd, and moved off to one side of the group watching he performance. Ire Richly leans against a wall and enjoys the show, while waiting for it to end with an active interest.

The second of the two, a tall woman with flowing golden hair down the length of her back, drifts off to an empty table nearby the door, upon noticing her companion's enthrallment. Wearing a similar green jacket, though in much better condition, overtop a tight layer of slate-grey clothing and leather armor, coupled with various blades, it was easy to mark her as very conspicuous and mildly intimidating from a distance. She calmly sits down with a view of the show, but it was truly her companion she was watching. Sai'Soleil Fallavine knew when he was about to make a move.

Mephistel

The music was rich, powerful, and so was her dance. She added some acrobaties to the whole, her athletics were impressive, but she manage to keep them beautiful and artistic in every way. Sometimes reaching for the crowd and going back on the stage, the crowd kept cheering her on.

She could hear some whistle, while others couldn't take their eyes off her. The young girl was apparently having as much fun as the crowd, but her concentration was great. The performance would last for a good ten minutes before in one swift move, she turned around on herself, sending petals of flowers around from her fans and ending the dance, one knee to the ground, one fan in the air, the other covering half her face while the drum made one last sound.

Once the crowd had realized the dance was over, they cheered and applause for a while. She bow to them until they stopped and eventually, the calm came back but they were watching in case she would dance again. Merin thanked the crowd before heading off the stage to take a small break. The musician gave her a bottle of water, and she refreshed herself a bit, thanking him for his hard work as she sat on the scene to talk with him.

Ruby Red

After the sounds of joyous music and dance, Irish drifts through the crowd, the olive hue among a sea of drabbery. Soleil, in the far background, keeps a watch on him, debating whether to intervene or not. Certainly he had a right to his own personal pursuits, but she so wished he would see it for what it was; Unhealthy and, in her point of view, disgusting. Knowing his intent made it hard to sit idly by, but for now, she was waiting to see how it played out.

Irish continues on his course as Merin lingers with the musician. He keeps track of her position by keeping his head high in the surge of movement back to normalcy. As he nears, closer to Merin, he adorns himself with a broad smile across his face and casually steps forward to her and the musician. He slicks his hair back at the last moment before coming into full view, before confidently making that entrance of his. "Couldn't help but notice your performance there, you're very talented." He nods, a gesture of respect. His voice gave off an air of friendliness and a slight cheery vibe, his accent seemed refined and steady, but also native to Connlaoth. Noble, perhaps. "Do you mind if I buy you an extra drink? I'd love to hear the story that must come with such a beautiful artist, if you might spare the time."

Mephistel

Merin was talking with the musician. A man in it's mid thirty with long brown hair. As the other man made his approach, she turned her head toward him, on reflex, she swiftly answer back to him with a soft smile. 

She couldn't help but be intrigued by his demeanor and accent. She raised an eyebrow as he seemed to be interested in her story. But she was no fool, she had seen more then one trying to appeal to her. Perhaps they weren't all bad people, but she wouldn't just let herself be wrap in one's game.

-Why, thank you!-

She said, smiling. Tough she wasn't one to refuse such generous offer. She offer him to sit next to her while she crossed her legs and removed a trend of hair from before her eyes.

-Tough I'm effraid my story is nothing quite extraordinary as you may think...-

She said in all honesty. Her kimono was slightly falling off her shoulder, she hadn't notice with all the dancing and it's not something she was very much worried over.

-Are you a traveler?-

She asked, looking at the man with a bit more attention.

Ruby Red

Irish sits down next to Merin just as she offered, with his feet against the supports of his chair in a slightly unprofessional fashion. His smile never fades, "and you're modest too." He pauses to shake his head, as if trying to mock disbelief, "I'm a traveler, yes. Been all across Le'raan for wherever work might pop up, or where it would take me." Irish shrugs, then glances over to the innkeeper a moment after finishing his previous sentence, "So what's your favorite drink?"

Mephistel

So this man had travel a lot. That was interesting. She smiled some more, nodding.

-That's impressive...I've just arrived here this morning myself...-

She said. When he asked about her favorite drink, she had to think for a moment. She had a few she loved, despite her look, the girl could handle a few drinks without much problem, her origin making it this way. She was tougher then the common folk after all.

-Well...if it's about my favorite, I'd say it's the Coco pie, it's a sweet drink, you make it out of a coconut and poor the alcohol straight in it...then add some pineaple juice and shake it...then you cut off the top and you drink!-

She said, enthusiastically.

-I use to make that drink a lot back then, it was very popular!-

Added with a smirk.

Ruby Red

Irish gestures the innkeeper over and asks for such a drink in just the fashion she explained, then turns back to her as soon as they leave. "Back then?" He asks with an inquisitive look across his face, "So you worked at a place like this before I take it? You sure seem to know your stuff; dancing so well, knowing how to make a drink like that... Color me intrigued." He turns and pays for the drink as it comes, then offers it to Merin with such friendly smile.

Soleil sighs, pushes off from her table, and moves to her feet. Might as well figure out a way to warn the poor girl in case she didn't know what he was looking for, though it was obvious from her perspective. Soleil begins her steady pace around the inn and to the pair on the other side, boot clicking across the wooden planks below, cyan eyes brimming with thought on how to subtly give her her a heads up. Maybe join in on the conversation to make sure it didn't turn directly into flirting? Soleil didn't feel too great making that choice, but it would be worse if Merin walked right into it without knowing.

Mephistel

The girl nodded slowly.

-You can say that...well, more like I was raise in such a place...-

She said. Her eyes darkened somewhat for an instant but quickly turned back to their lively form. She smiled. Taking the drink offered, she thanked him and took a sip. The drink was cold and sweet, she gave a blissful smile as the taste hit her tongue. It was truly her favorite. The musician had left to play on the stage. A quick tempo was running.

-I use to work as a bartender in...well...a pleasure house...-

She revealed, taking another sip.

-So, entertaining the guest and making drinks are kinda my trade of work! How about you, you said you were taking on jobs. What kind?-

She didn't mentioned the other things she had to do. There was no need for him to know every details after all.

Ruby Red

"Ah..." Irish nods, instantly turning to a more serious outlook as his gaze shifts down to his hands, "Well, you're working for yourself now. No weirdos around but me." He grins at the final remark, trying to make her at least do the same. He pauses, then looks back up, his demeanor returning to its complete usual. "Mostly looking tough. It's technically mercenary work, but it fits more into guarding caravans on the road. Not to say we can't defend anything, me and my partner-"  He looks over as Soleil nears, "-here she comes now actually."

Soleil steps up to his side as Irish turns back to Merin. Her eyes and face, averse to her combative attire, were fairly pretty, and gave off the complete opposite of what she wore - softness. She clasps a hand over Irish shoulder and speaks whilst looking at Merin, honeyed voice from likely the same as her companion's, though lighter, and clearly, this time, of a noble upbringing: "Hello there~" she gives a light wave alongside her picturesque smile, "I figured I would introduce myself too; Sia'Soleil-" she nods to Merin, then glances over to Irish with a joking grin, "I keep Richie here in line, and look the part." Truly the two, grinning side by side, were the very poster of their career choice. A dashing rogue and a golden Valkyrie, armed to the teeth with cheerful outlooks and friendly attitudes.

Mephistel

Merin laughed at the remark. She had seen her share of strange people and Irish was the least of them. Listening, she once again nodded her pretty head, her earings tingling as she moved.

-I see...then maybe I could hire you? You see I...-

Before she could go on, a new figure showed up, Merin hadn't noticed her until she was close. For what she could tell, she looked pretty but rough, only in clothes tough. Looking at her, the panda girl could tell she would probably make a good dancer. 

-Hi, nice to meet you, oh right, my name is Merin.-

She nodded to her. The girl couldn't help but notice how the two of them were well fitting together, perhaps the woman was more then just a partner. She took another sip of her beverage and tilted her head on the side.

-Are you two a couple?-

She asked with a grin. Not that she minded. She was pretty social herself and also very curious. Also, the noble accent they both had were intriguing her and she couldn't help but make up stories in her head. perhaps they were actually prince and princess running away from their families, because they didn't want them to be together. She giggle a bit but quickly return to her cheerful self, waiting for an answer.

Ruby Red

Soleil silently shakes her head as Irish speaks up, still grinning, but now also rubbing his chin, "Old friends and partners, not together in that sense. We've worked together for years though so I guess we're a bit like a family at this point." He pauses, "So, Miss Merin-" his smile broadens, "-was there something we could help you with? We aren't on a job right now so we're up for one if you need us."

Soleil takes the moment to sit down beside Irish, and listen in on his wheeling and dealing. Maybe the talk of a job would distract him, she hoped. Finding him stripping with the young dancer wasn't something she would enjoy in any conceivable way. Soleil's quarrel, however, was entirely with Irish's choices of the sort.

Mephistel

Merin blushed a bit. She hadn't mean to intrude, but a family seemed really nice. She smiled at them.

-I see, I'm sorry for assuming things, I tend to get curious and all.-

She said. She passed a hand in her hair, playing with a trend for a moment as she was thinking on how to make her request. She didn't had any lead and not that much money. She had also no idea on how much these kind of request would cost. She looked troubled for a moment and hid it in a sip of her drink, which was already almost empty.

Finally turning her deep black eyes toward them, she started.

-Well...before I left my...''home'', I was with a friend of mine, Lema is her name, she is a catfolk...we grew at the same...place.-

She paused, as if remembering the old days, she smiled.

-You see, she is my partner, we were together since we were kids, she is the one who usually play the music when I dance...-

Her expression darkened a little.

-We got separated during a storm...we were suppose to meet back in Kunata if something ever happened...but, the road is long and well, I'm just a dancer...-

She explained, looking back up at them.

Ruby Red

"You want help in finding your friend..." Soleil, looking right back, chimes in. "...I can tell I missed something important, it sounds like a rough story from your tone..." She glances between Irish and Merin. Soleil was intelligent enough to figure out from context clues, mainly her tone around 'home' and the wording of her explanation, combined with the darkening of her mood momentarily, that Merin was trying to get away from something. Whether it was to shake off the past, or actively evading someone, she couldn't know just yet. The only clarity she found was that Merin seemed like a very sweet girl, who needed help finding what might possibly be her only friend. Soleil didn't need any more convincing that helping was the right thing to do.

She sighs, then shrugs, "I'll hear about it later, I'm sure.... Kunata is a big area to cover, the largest island in Thanatos would be a hard place to meet with your friend if you didn't specify a location, it's your choice if you want us to go that far. We can certainly keep you safe on the road, and fed. We have enough supplies for a surplus." She pauses, "Normally we're paid in standard currency, but I've got a better idea..." Soleil looks to the stage Merin was performing on, and nods to it before looking back to Merin, arms crossed.  "Do you really enjoy performing like that? "

Mephistel

Finding her friend was indeed her request. They had grown together and were never far from each other, sharing everything they add to make up for what they lacked. Lema was a very warm person, always cheerful, but so straightforward. She would sometimes get in troubles for that. Merin remembered a time where Lema had hit one of the customer for some reason. Why, Merin had never been told, but Lema was really angry that day.

-Uhh...well, yeah...it's a long story, but...Lema is very important to me...I don't even know if she is still alive...but...-

She paused, shaking her head, as if chasing a dark tought and looked back at them.

-I know she is! She has to! I can feel it!-

Such feeling were rarely reliable, but she wanted to believe that her friend was still alive and well, and that they would meet again. Of course, Kunata was a big place, it would be difficult to find themselves, they hadn't set a real meeting point, but perhaps with some research, she could find her.

-Yes..I'd very much want to go there, if there is a chance I can find her...then I will! Even if I have to turn every stone in the isles!-

She said confidently. And here came the money part. She looked surprised at the question, but answered.

-Well yes, I really love it, actually, me and Lema, we wanted to have our own troop one day! -

She said. At that moment, the innkeeper came by her.

-Hey miss, you said you would do 2 performances, do you intend to keep talking? Get on stage, I'm not paying you to chat...-
-Oh right! I'm sorry, I'll go right away!-

She bow to the innkeeper, which went away after that. Merin looked at the two.

-Can we talk after? I have to go...please watch and enjoy!-

On that, she was gone again, climbing the stairs to get ready for her second show. When she came back down, she was wearing a more light dress, similar to those girls from the desert, with jingles at her waist making light noises as she moved. She smiled back over the two mercenaries and went back on stage, the music started again and she started performing once more. This time, her dance was much more sexy. It was candy to the eye, that was for sure, her hips moved in tempo with the drum as her hands were also moving slowly along her body. If someone knew, this was called a belly dancer. Everyone in the bar was now looking over to the stage and enjoying her dance.

Ruby Red

Soleil smiles at her confidence and hope towards her friend's enduring safety. She felt like reinforcing it, but that would come later, if she needed it. Additionally, both tense subtly as the innkeeper leaves her with such a rude remark, though not as if about to pounce in overreaction. Irish orders a drink of his own from the innkeeper before their departure, and sits back in a relaxed posture as the performance begins. Soleil watches Merin with a passive interest, while Irish is again enthralled, though he covers it up fairly well with a nonchalant gaze instead. When his drink comes, he sips away at the bubble-topped alcohol contently as he waits.

Soleil, after a few moments, starts talking to him in a casual voice and tone. From the distance, details are difficult to make out. Soleil and Irish strike up a conversation, which consisted of her whole plan. After a few nods, it was safe to assume that Irish was onboard. Both return to watching as they wait, Irish's interest in her only growing with each suggestive movement. Alongside him, Soleil was already determined to make sure Merin left their company in a better position than she introduced herself - with a reunion, and a few coins as well.

Mephistel

As the crowd was cheering louder, the girl was only keeping the beat up, her feet moving along the stage with grace, using her accessories to add to the show. Scarf and fan were her favorite and she was well making use of them. it showed that she was use to the scene and the gaze of the crowd, even if some of them were clearly lecherous, didn't seem to bother her at all.

When she was on stage, when the music played in her ears, she could only do one thing, and it was dancing, she felt free, out of this world. She was on a cloud, far away from any worries. It show that she loved what she was doing, she was confident and was having fun. Her hair dancing along her face with her earings and other jewelry jingling together. The scene was her and the music even more fascinating.

As she ended her performance once more, the crowd was asking for more, but she waved at them cheerfully, sending small kisses to the assembly to content them as she exited the stage again. She was quickly surrounded by men, which began to offer her some drinks, some were less subtle. But the musician that had been playing with her push them back for her.

She was more popular then she tought. She walked back to the two. Irish and Soleil. She had a bottle of water in her hand and was all smiley. Her clothes were much more suggestives then the first ones, but to her, it was simply for the show. They were showing her curvy figure well.

-Did you like it? How was I?-

She asked them as she sat next to them.

Ruby Red

"Like I was lucky to be first." Irish chuckles, "You really are beautiful." Soleil smiles and bows her head, feeling that Irish was correct in both. "Hopefully we can be of some help. Soleil here has an offer for you, and we've both agreed on it. So, stage is yours Soleil..." He leans back into his relaxed posture again, and sips away at his drink as Soleil continues with Merin.

Soleil leans forward, to better be heard among the group. Even though most of the stir had died down, it was still a mildly rowdy backdrop. "So we've already figured out the supplies and the protection: You'll have three meals a day, will have us if anyone ever thinks to attack, the usual. You're entitled to have Richie call you 'boss' as much as you want-" she grins, Irish mocks a looks of protest "-and we'll be taking you as far as you want to go." She pauses, "As payment, when we stop at places like this, you perform like you have been. With the money you make, you can pay for the bit of supplies being consumed. Of what remains after that, you'll keep sixty-percent for yourself, while the other forty you'll use to pay us. In addition, anything the two of us make while on your payroll, doing odd jobs around wherever we've stopped for the night, we'll split - you'll get half." Again, Soleil pauses. She was quite happy to make such an offer, Irish was happy with the terms, probably helped along by who they were going to work for, and it was very generous to Merin. Soleil wanted dearly to help beyond simply taking what little money she likely had in comparison to the caravans they normally worked with, and merely walking her somewhere. 

Mephistel

She smiled genuily at the compliment. She blushed a little and nodded as she was told they had an offer for her. She was surprised they had come to it so fast, but then again, this wasn't her line of work, so maybe this was just natural among them.

She quietly listened to Soleil as she made her proposal. Her eyes widened as she listen and nodded in reflexes. She kind smirk when she heard about been called ''Boss'' and giggle a little. That would be funny to hear, she had never been called boss, except from when Lema was teasing her.

But as she went on, Merin was thinking, that it was too much. She could understand the part about doing her performance to pay, even keeping a percentage seemed fair enough, but for other odd jobs, she wasn't all ok with it.

Once Soleil stopped talking, Merin looked at her for a moment, thinking.

-This is, a lot, even I understand that your going out of your usual way and I can't seems to know what to say!-

She said. Her chances of finding her friend seemed much closer then it was the day before, thanks to these two. She smiled at them, almost tears in her eyes.

-But I won't accept any money I didn't help with!-

She said on a more serious tone. She wasn't the kind to simply take advantage of others. She how hard it was to make a living, so she wanted it to be really fair.

-I'll gladly take you upon that offer, but if you do other odd jobs and I can help with, then tell me, if not, I won't take any money from it.-

If they were fine with these conditions, then it looked like a good deal to her.

Ruby Red

Irish grins and raises his hand as he looks to Soleil, "Told you." With a smirk, he takes another sip. He was certain Merin would note the charity. Soleil darts her eyes to him, then back to Merin. "Then I guess we've all agreed?"

"One other thing-" Irish puts down his drink, then looks to Merin with seriousness in his eyes. "If we do get into trouble, understand that we're with you because our job is to make sure that you're safe and sound by the end of your trip. You may be the boss, but we still have to protect you as best we can, right? Stay near one of us whenever we're on the road, don't stray too far, all that good stuff." He claps his hands and rubs them together, his seriousness fading back. "Minimize risk, et-cetera, etc-cetera..." A pause, "...So, I guess I'm supposed to call you boss now?" He asks, with an arch of his right brow.

Tags: