Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"I'm not afraid," Fiona lied quickly, though the way she was still trying to hide behind Jack may have negated the statement.

There was something in the stranger's eyes that sent an odd shiver up her spine. No one had ever looked at her like that before.

visualspice

"Yeah, we're not afraid," Jack went on, giving the man a critical look. "Just groggy from sleeping on the streets- and hungry." He gave a roll of his shoulders, to crack them to serve his point before giving the man a forced smile.

"I don't care about legality, really. I'm just hungry and don't give a rats ass over whose day of mourning it ought to be. Just lead the way." And there was no reluctance or suspicion as Jack moved towards the man. He was too hungry to care.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona glanced between the two of them, but she really couldn't do much other than follow Jack hesitantly.

Besides, she was just as hungry as he was, if a little more wary of the stranger.

Jounin64

Aldwin smiled and clasped his hands together. "Ah, very good! I didn't think you two were the type that cares about petty laws. Just follow me."

When every step he took conflict bombarded his mind. These two are good people, I can tell, they shouldn't be here when my creations release. But if I must make the world villianize me, I should do nothing about them right? No. I promised to keep Ailbe safe so I will keep these two safe as well. Only the nobles need to hate me, no need to waste innocent lives.

Whilst being silent the whole walk, Aldwin finally stopped infront of of a bakery. "From what I have heard, this place has some of the freshest pastries, but the prices are inconceivable. There is one legal way and many illegal ways to get the food...Pick your poison."

visualspice

"Poison?" Jack made a face. "I'd rather pick some food. But wait.." he narrowed his gaze upon the man. "Are you implying we just steal some pastries?"
He wasn't sure if he was mortified, or upset he didn't think of that idea, first.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh, but-" Fiona looked back and forth between the two of them and bit at her bottom lip. "I'm not sure that's such a-"

Her growling stomach cut her off and she flushed darkly.

Jounin64

Aldwin merely chuckles at the man's response. "Steal, coerce, con, murder, but I don't suggest the latter. Any of those could work. Though as of now theft is our most sensible option."

The witch doctor noticed the female's moral dilemma. He took a few steps towards her. Stretching out to place a hand on her shoulder, he flinched So beautiful, so rare, so exotic...what is it that makes her this way? All I need to do is touch her and this perfection could be ruined. Snapping out of his thoughts, Aldwin retracted the outreached hand into his coat pocket.

"No need to fret my dear. You and your friend will have full stomachs tonight." He then winced at the thought that it might be their last meal aswell.

visualspice

Jack's stomach growled angrily, and loudly.
"Look, whatever the option is is okay with me. I need to eat alright, so.." he went on, rolling his shoulders, making them crack. "Let's just get on with this okay? What do you need us to do?"

DragonSong

Fiona started slightly when the stranger touched her shoulder and gave him an odd look when he flinched. Then her attention moved back to Jack and she frowned.

She didn't like the idea of stealing but...well, how else were they going to eat. "I still have some coin," she murmured. "Maybe if we just...left it in place of some food?"

visualspice

Jack turned to her to give her a look.
"What? You think that'll make the owner happy, especially after we break in?"

DragonSong

"Well, it- it's better than nothing!" Fiona defended with a huff, folding her arms and frowning at her feet.

Jounin64

"Leave whatever you wish, but the results will all be the same." He began to pace before laying out the plan.

"The option that will be the quickest is if one of us goes in through the window and unlocks the door for the others." He motioned towards the pair. "Any takers? Or do you desire me to proceed with the task?"

visualspice

"Quickest? Then count Fiona out. She's a bit slow, if you know what I mean," Jack went on, and loudly, considering they were conversing out in the open about breaking and entering. "And considering I don't know who you are, maybe you should do it," he went on with a nod, folding strong arms across his chest. "I might not have a lot of manners, but leaving a girl alone with a stranger isn't exactly... right, ya know? Besides, you keep looking at her funny." He leaned in, eyes narrowing on the man. "Are you some kind of pervert?" Maybe he wanted Fiona to sneak in so he could watch her ass as she crawled in through a window. But why? Why would he want to look at her scrawny ass? He looked over at Fiona, scrutinizing her from where he stood.

DragonSong

"What- slow?!" Fiona glared at both men and snapped, "You know what? I volunteer. What do I have to do?"

Slow. Jackass.

Jounin64

Aldwin's eyebrow raised at this accusation. A pervert? He's never been called a pervert before. Sure a creep, monster, sadist, and various curs, but never a pervert. "Me? Perverse? Oh no no no, you misunderstand me. I am a man of science and art. Your companion just has an aesthetic beauty to her. Is it wrong to see the beauty of human structure in Connlaoth's most cultured city?"

He stepped back, ready to take the task. He began to advance towards the window when the Witch Doctor heard the girl volunteer. Stopping, Aldwin turned around and clasped his hands. "Perfect! We will await your success."

visualspice

Jack gaped at the man for a moment before snorting.
"Cultured city? You must be new around here.." he muttered, glancing away from them both.

DragonSong

Pretty much ignoring them both, Fiona made we way to the window and tilted her head, taking stock of her options. She glanced at the two men, then shifted to hide her movements from view and fiddled with the lock, claw like nails sneaking into the mechanism to pop it open.

Window open, she shimmied her way inside and hurried to the door, swinging it open a crack to hiss, "Come on then, hurry up."

visualspice

He hated to admit it, but when Fiona seemed to disappear from view, he felt nervous. At least he was left baby sitting the pervert. He peered over at Adwin before he heard Fiona's voice. Seeing her at the door, he rushed over, "Took you long enough." and slipped inside.

The place was dark, but it smelled heavenly, and as he stood there beside her and let his eyes adjust, his stomach growled loudly and soon he was able to see all of the delicious treats all around them.

DragonSong

She snorted and rolled her eyes, grumbling, "Yeah, you're welcome," as she stood aside to give the two men room to enter.

Jounin64

As the two entered Aldwin released a resigned sigh. Time has been ticking for far too long and The Witch Doctor knows that the sooner he leaves the better. Oh I hate playing the villain, but it is a sacrifice I must make. He thought before closing the door on them. He jams one of his throwing knives in the crevice to keep it from opening. "I must apologize for my actions, but you mustn't leave this bakery...for this city will see havoc soon. It brings me dread to know that innocents may hate me for this, but please know I am doing this for your own good and safety."

Hoping to hear something to help quell his guilt, Aldwin lingers a little bit. Once he thought that he's waited for a suitable length of time, the Witch Doctor left for his creations. Though in his haste he forgot a major piece...he did nothing about the window. 

Tags: