Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethylwulf

Penseville stared at the open window apprehensively. He had seen the group of strangers milling about the shop from his attic window. It was at times like this that the snake in his stomach started roiling and twisting. He knew that something should be done, but what?

On the one hand, they were breaking into a place without the permission of its owner. Penseville wasn't actually certain what the other hand was, but he definitely felt there was a reason he wasn't trying to stop them. Fear maybe. Or just because he didn't have any reason to like the bakery owner more than the strangers. Penseville shook his head to clear his jumbled thoughts. At the very least he could see what they were like. Maybe he could, help somehow?

He decided to stop bothering with complicated abstract thoughts and do something he was never very good at. Do something.

"Umm. Hello, can I help you?" he called out into the shop window.

visualspice

Jack banged angrily at the door. It seemed to splinter, but refused to give.

"Of all the luck.." He growled, hands shaking into fists. Just stand back, ok Fiona?" He waited only a second for her to comply, rolling his shoulders to a crack before jerking his neck left, then right to do the same. Sharp jabs were aimed at the damn door, banging loudly and muting the man calling outside the window.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Ah...alright." Fiona backed up, arms automatically moving to wrap around her middle in a protective gesture. Her tail curled around her leg and she shuffled back a few more steps.

Jounin64

The symphony of smashes was the only thing Aldwin could hear. They're angry...as he expected. "Shame...I dearly wished that they would see the greater picture...no...they'll know once my creations release...they'll know I was saving them..."

As The Witch Doctor finished talking to himself, he quickly broke into a sprint. He wasn't sure if he was running for times sake or to avoid having second thoughts, either way, he ran.

Aldwin put his mask back on as he reached the music shop, only to be faced with a hard pill to swallow. The door was torn open, and his creations were nowhere to be found. The cacophony of screams only confirmed his fears...he must make it known now that The With Doctor,  the elusive rebel mage is behind this.

visualspice

If Jack was known for anything, it was definitely the quickness of his fists. His brain could catch up later, and after a few more angered growls, he knocked the whole thing off it's hinges and tossed the door aside.

"Ugh, all of this for some damn bread."
He was pissed. But he was also hungry, and as soon as the door was open and he stepped outside, of course that little snake was no where to be seen!

"Grab as much bread as you can and let's get out of here."
He already decided to take it upon himself to remain as sentry.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Got it." Fiona nodded quickly, though she winced guiltily as she went about gathering up an armful of food.

She hesitated, then dug a few coins out of the pouch at her hip and tossed them onto the deserted counter. She hurried to Jack's side, murmuring, "C'mon, let's move."

visualspice

But she'd be met with Jack's arm in her way, and he- making a funny face off into the distance.

visualspice

"Something... seems... off," He hated feeling so uneasy. And he hated feeling so vulnerable. After all, it was dark and he could barely see a thing. Just movement. "Someone's coming.. we should get outta here and quick."

DragonSong

Fiona's eyes widened. He didn't need to say anything else to convince her, and she nodded quickly, muttering, "I'm following you."

Her tail twitched nervously under her skirts and she had to force it to still against her leg.

visualspice

He kept his eyes clearly on those moving in the shadows. It was strange. If they were people, they were sure moving sluggish. Maybe they were drunks? He wasn't going to wait around to find out, but as they turned a corner, he caught another figure- a growing shadow, heading their way. And it had the same, unusual, sluggish steps as whoever it was out in the city trees.

DragonSong

A sharp hiss of surprise slipped passed Fiona's lips and she suddenly pressed tight into Jack's side. "What are they?" she muttered, an uneasy shiver crawling down her spine.

visualspice

Jack grimaced.
"I don't know... but I don't like it." He rolled his neck before giving it a rightward crack. "Something feels off...." He turned, moving in another direction, which unfortunately was into the heart of the city. "Let's try another road to get the hell outta here."

DragonSong

She nodded quickly and followed after him, so close her toes kept snagging on the heels of his boots.

visualspice

And he cursed her for it. It was annoying.
"Stop that!" he hissed. "You trying to trip me? If I fall down and break something, you know we're both stuck out here dealing with whatever.. whatever the hell it is that's going on!"
He didn't like it. Not one bit.

DragonSong

"I'm sorry!" Fiona hissed back, face pale. Well, paler. Her fingers twisted nervously in her skirt and she felt her wings press against the fabric of her dress in her anxiety.

visualspice

It seemed this way was relatively empty, but it lead to a lot more guards lurking around. This time he slowed and made sure Fiona was at his heels, but his eyes strayed in every which other direction as they moved.

"This whole city is starting to feel eerie." He rolled his shoulders, cracking his neck. "I don't like it. It's too tense. Like a poker game I'm forced to play." And he'd been in that scenario too many times and hated each second of it.

DragonSong

Fiona nodded. "It's making my scales itch," she muttered without thinking, arms wrapped tight around her body.

visualspice

Then there was a scream. It came from just the other road over. Then there was the shout of men. Grabbing onto Fiona's hand, Jack pulled her back and pressed both their bodies against the shadows of a building. He tried to tame his breath, but his chest was heaving and she'd feel the sweat of his palms. In the dark, she might see the strain in the whites of his eyes, as he tried to see what was going on, while keeping them both outta sight.

DragonSong

She gasped quietly, eyes going wide. "What's going on?" she hissed, gaze darting around.