Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sound of Bells (M)

Started by visualspice, April 10, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

there was an odd movement to these 'men', as they lumbered into the street-
and from the shadows of their movements.. something savage and strange to how they.. simply attacked- using limbs like clubs and claws like rabid beasts.

He found his grip on Fiona tightening.
"Something is really not right.." He took a step back, only to knock over a nearby planter, which shattered at their feet...
and gained the attention of one of those strange... things that lurched suddenly and began to barrel their way.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Fiona's heart stopped and she squeaked, shrinking back in terror as the figure lurched toward them. Her tail whipped around under her skirts, an instinctive panic seizing her body.

"Wh-what do we do?" She clutched at Jack's hand, looking around desperately for a path to escape.

visualspice

Jack was frozen too, not sure what to even make of the things. But as they lurched nearer, it was evident they were anything but human. A grip on her hand tightened before he yanked her along.
"We get the hell out of here!" he told her, as he began to run, dragging her along for all he was worth.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

It didn't take much convincing for Fiona to fall in behind him, a small cry escaping her before she swallowed it down, hiking her skirts up in her free hand so she could run faster.

Her wings strained against the fabric of her dress and it took nearly all her self control not to just snap them open and take to the air.

visualspice

Fast as he ran wasn't enough. They turned a bend and right there- he came to a abrupt halt, clean into a pack of them! And the only thing Jack could think to do was..
Punch the one right in it's face that was in his way and body slam another, cursing and dragging Fiona clean along.
"Hang out!" Cause what else could she do? The things were everywhere with unhuman like lurchy grabs that they got caught up in suddenly when one got a hold of Jack's boot and he stumbled, hold faltering on Fiona's hand as he fell to the ground.

DragonSong

"Jack!" Fiona staggered as his hand was wrenched from hers, then cried out, forcing herself forward to stand over him, defensive.

She had no idea what she was doing, but she spread her arms and drew herself up to try to make herself appear larger, as though attempting to scare off a wild animal. Her tail cracked through the air and she growled, heat building in her throat.

visualspice

But the creatures were mindless, and it deterred them not. Jack groaned and moved to stand, only to feel one latching onto his leg again as he gave a grunt and began to kick at it, and kick so hard the damn beast woman's mouth nearly came off. But he managed to get his leg free, just as the rest of the ghoulish group draped their hands around them, and pawed then at contact, hungry for something sinister, something dark.

By now Jack was on his feet,  stumbling and guiding Fiona to move back with him, but they were surrounded.

"What the hell are these things!?" he found himself asking, as if anyone outside around them would know.

DragonSong

The half-dragon girl trembled where she stood, moving woodenly as Jack hauled her back. A frightened growl rumbled in her chest and she shook her head, eyes wide. "I don't- I don't know!" she wailed.

Fire burned her throat, begging to be released, and she swallowed, clenching her hands into fists so her nails bit into her palms and drew blood.

visualspice

Every which way they turned the creatures were there, until they were chased clean into the center of town where Jack stumbled to a halt.
"What the heck.."

Before them was a wave of,people, angry and shouting and throwing rotting food.

"Tell me this is some kinda bad dream."

DragonSong

Fiona gave a soft little cry of surprise and slammed to a halt. "Wh-what's happening?!"

visualspice

His face crinkled as he looked around.
"These.. at least look like normal people." He gave Fiona's hand a squeeze. "I think I'd rather take my chances out there than with.." He cringed and didn't look back. "Come on." And he pulled her along, dodging fruit and shoving through people angered and shouting and city guards being overwhelmed, hoping to keep the riot back.

DragonSong

Fiona swallowed nervously and nodded, ducking along behind him. She clutched at Jack's hand, keeping her head down and hoping desperately that they could just get through this without being noticed.

visualspice

It seemed there was no reprieve the deeper into the city they went. In fact, things got worse. Rotten fruit may have been catapulted out of spite towards the nobility and any snobbish military trying to wave their banners to declare order, but Jack could already sense the hostilities rising, and knew it wouldn'tbe long before there was blood.

"We gotta get outta here."
But as he rounded another bend, they were completely overwhelmed as a mass of people came marching through- pitch forks and torches in their hands, all chanting the same thing- all calling out for justice unserved.

DragonSong

Fiona panicked.

Her life had mostly consisted of her own room and her mother's shop, and little else in between. The anxiety and instinctive terror of a hunted animal had been building for days now, and it finally snapped.

Her tail lashed out and her wings strained against her bodice, and without thinking she grabbed for Jack, pulling him close both to protect and be protected and hissed at the crowd, eyes flashing a prism of colors while an ember-hearth glow built on her tongue.

visualspice

But it was mob mentality. And she wasn't even seen as anything else but something in the way. And soon the mob was pushing into them, pushing past them-a nd nearly trampling the pair over.

DragonSong

Too many, too close, fire flashing in the corner of her eye, people shouting-

With a panicked shriek, Fiona wrapped her arms around Jack's waist and her wings suddenly tore through the fabric of her dress, pumping desperately to get them airborne as she just tried to get away away away.

visualspice

"Woah.. woah.. woah!" Jack clung to the now flying Fiona as his body rocked, legs dangling carelessly, each time her strong wings gave a pump. And up, up and away they went, he uncertain what the hell was going on (not that he had forgotten Fiona could fly, mind you, but the whole situation was disconcerting).
"Woah.. h-hey.. don't drop me alright! Ansgar's name!" he squeaked. "We're up pretty damn high!"

DragonSong

It wasn't until they were some fifty or sixty feet in the air that Fiona entirely realized what she was doing. Once she did, she gasped and clutched at Jack harder.

"I- I won't," she stammered out, sounding far from sure. Her eyes darted around frantically, trying to find some place to land that wasn't overrun with the mob of people.

Preferably before her arms or wings gave out.

Her tail thrashed nervously, throwing off her balance, and she squeaked as they suddenly banked left, hard.

visualspice

"Holy shit!" Jack clung to the poor woman tighter. And he was hardly a small man. He was heavy and muscled, dense and about as thick as his head could be. It probably felt as if he might be crushing her. But he didn't want to fall, after all.

After a moment, he did happen to notice the state of Uthlyn and swore.
"What in the world..." There were people everywhere. Filling the streets and making noise. It was dizzying.  They weren't even an army. This was an organized mob of very angry citizens.

"Fiona.. just keep on flying if you can." He honestly didn't want to deal with this- any of this, as he could feel the tension mounting from the people below.

DragonSong

"Wh-where?!" She wasn't yelling at him, exactly- she was just desperate and panicky, not sure how long she could keep this up but not seeing anywhere that really looked safe to land either.