Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cries of a Dead World (Maphistel)

Started by Octain, April 22, 2016, 11:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octain

Aurum tripped and fell into a hole. Coming out of a bush wasn't the best idea as he landed on his back. The soft ground still hurt a bit as he rolled over onto his front and slowly got up. Leaning up against a wall as he took a few moments to pant lightly and get himself together. his heart was racing from what he thought was a 'trap'. Either way he needed to push on. Though..

Looking around he had no way out except up. one side of the hole looked climbable Using roots and vines to climb out of the hole he eventually crawled out.

"Well, that wasn't fruitful. Seems I am not as adept as I once thought." He said aloud to himself. Shaking off his tattered cape he looked around. Seeing a destroyed wall.... Yet something beyond it. Se he once more climbed something. This time it was a wall. Looking to keep someone out more than in. Taking it one hand, foot and movement at a time before getting to the top. Standing upright as his eyes widened at the sight.

A ruined city. A lost city. The buildings looking destroyed, decayed and some missing from what looked like to be rather large potholes. He rubbing his eyes. Looking at ancient ruins that stood tall and firm. He slowly sat on the ground. Mesmerized by the sight of it all. Nothing seemed more beautiful than this place. No one or anything.

"This place... Where am I?" He spoke once more. "Ancient ruins. Nothing told me of this. I must find something to study. Maybe I can find something here." Taking a deep breath he stood up once more. Though. Was he sure he was alone here enough to take a gander around? He thought he was alone, but in his mesmerized state. He couldn't be so sure.

Mephistel

How many times had it happened? He wondered. Too many, that's how. But it didn't mattered to him, he was getting use to it, even tough he didn't felt like so. Being chase around never ended well, tough, not for him in most case. Ohh, there had been a couple of time when he had been stabbed to death, even raped...nothing fun really, but he had always found a way to stab them back, once they were asleep.

And this time was no exception. This huge old city was home to many group of bandits, hiding in it's ruins estate. Seen how very few came here, this was the perfect hideout but Prince was among the very few that actually came to this forgotten city. Lost, as usual and complaining outloud about how it always happened to him.

He was find out by a dozen of men, armed to the teeth. They had made quite a number on him, but to no avail, no matter how many time they stabbed him, he kept moving, eventually ending in their death, and as bored as he was, he decided to play with them. Their corpses of course. While he stripped them of their clothes and took the time to gouge out their eyes, getting them in pair and gathering them all in a bowl he had found in one of the ruins.

As for the rest, it was truly a disgusting and scary scene that awaited anyone who would step this way. Ripping their still fresh and warm guts, he extended the organs all over the place, letting them bleed and dry, it felt like a spiderwebs of human flesh, with all the corpses with no eyes, it was eerie and crows had started gathering around. Prince was sitting on top of the pile of bodies, he had found a skull earlier and was now making it speak in it's hand with a huge amused grin on his face. His numerous jewelry shining with a scarlet red and his diadem drench in the same color.

It was hard to tell if it was a boy or a girl, but that young person was very thin and was wearing a grey and black striped shirt over a pair a skinny tight leather pants and knee high white long boots. Blood covered most of his boots. his grey short hair falling over his eyes as he looked like a child playing with dolls, but in a very dark kind of scenery.

Octain

Aurum heard... Screaming? Pains and agony that touched his very core. He had heard rumors of beasts and some kind of monster roaming this land. Though it seemed more like humans were. The screams. Were human. As he heard this Aurum made his way. Jumping off the wall as he used a vine to keep his momentum. Landing on his feet as a sigil formed. Helping him move a little more quietly than he normally was. Running down the dead street he took long strides as he turned corner after corner.

As he moved some bandits seemed to attempt to come out of him.

"Insufferable whelp." He spoke. His spellbook floating in his hand as he tossed ice balls at their feet as he moved. Freezing them in place. until they were no more then banditsicles. Before shattering into pieces. He saw a trap. A wooden trunk flew at him as Aurum slid under it and got back up. Dusting himself off he made his way to where the screaming was.

Seeing..

A child like character sitting on a pile of dead bodies. Aurum Looked over the scene all the blood and gore. Entrails, organs and blood littered the portion of the street as his eyes widened, showing his surprise of a kid playing here. He took a step forward as he heard a large squish. Stepping on what looked like to be a mans heart. Taking a quick look at the kid they seemed to be royalty, the jewelry, the diadem. Octain gulped audibly.

Thinking to himself that it would be a good idea to watch his tongue here. Seemingly if this child had murdered each of these men and did this. Though something else could have and this kid is reaping the rewards.

"Are you lost? Seems we both are." He said. Looking up and down the streets, the destruction of this old world was.. Interesting. He seemed to have lost his sense of direction here. "Either way, seems you are able to hold your own." he said. The spellbook pages turning at a constant rate as if they pages were unlimited.

Mephistel

When he heard someone getting closer, Prince turned his head toward the newcomer. Oh...it wasn't a bandit, he looked almost disapointed, these ones hadn't last very long. He tilted his head, still sit on his throne of corpses, the skull in his hand.

-Oh...yes, I am...-

He said. He was curious about that new character, who was he, why was he here? And that strange book. He raised an eyebrow, perhaps a mage? These were always troublesome, always had a trick up their sleeves.

-I do! They tried to kill me so...I killed them instead!-

He said, with no remorse in his tone, it even sounded amused. He got up and jumped down from the pile, landing in a pond of blood as he put his hands behind his back, tilting his head on the side as he started to circle around Aurum.

-So...who are you? I'm Prince!-

He said. He had that kind of predatory smile on his face, while trying to keep somehow of an innocent feature, but it was hard to believe with the blood on his clothes and boots, along with that eerie scene they were standing in.

Octain

"well it is good that you are able to hold your own. Your skills and stature may deny your age." Aurum said with a slight chuckle. Looking around to make sure he wasn't followed he snapped his fingers. A bolt of lightening  struck down an incoming bandit that attempted to sneak up. Though not with out Aurum looking him dead in the eyes. The loud roar enough to scare those who realized they were dealing with a mage.

"My name is Aurum."

His mask hid his face. Showing a cold exterior that mimicked a madman with nothing to lose but everything to gain. the spellbook floated around him flipping back and forth between pages. Watching the child walk around. Prince.. Prince who?

Though Aurum realized that Prince was his name, not a title or anything. Just a name.

"Sure interesting finding someone of your age here. I would think those close to you would have kept you away or at least joined you to come here."

He gave one more look around. Rubbing his chin to ensure that he wasn't being followed. Taking a deep breath he looked back at Prince who was close to him. A little too close.

Mephistel

Prince looked at him, still circling around him, then eventually come to a stop, when his age was call. He frowned slightly.

-You'll know I am 18...-

He said, his voice sounded a bit annoyed. Despite his appearance, he was already an adult. But his slim build and child like attitude made it look otherwise.

-Sadly...I am all alone...the only person who raised me only tortured me from morning to night!-

He said, this time, taking a sad and overdramatic pose. He shook his head slowly.

-And here I wander...but of course, I wouldn't let some pathetic thieves kill me...that'll take a lot more then that...-

He said, letting out a soft chuckle. Everything in his demeanor seemed fake or exagerated.

Tags: