Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bodies in the sand[m]

Started by You had to see it, April 30, 2016, 08:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

You had to see it

Magus had to bite his tongue to stop himself from laughing. To think he thought that this man was some sort of holy trial. The flesh always did leave him open to such concepts. Having retrieved his robes he walked towards the old lady, who looked quite shaken by the whole affair.

"I'm terribly sorry this had to happen to you ma'am. I'll be sending for my associates so I can repay you after all the trouble that's happened."

Before she could respond, he turned and went in the direction of the beach. Now that all the loose ends were tied up he could move forward with his actual plans for the small town. He would meet his disciples at the abandoned mine at the north end of the beach.

Arclightning

As the figures closed in Kenalt felt something. He felt a heat rise in his chest, and pour through his veins. He felt this molten lava pour into him and knew it was rage. Rage at Mafus for killing his client and robbing him. Rage for hospitalizing him twice, then turning him into an outlaw. He ducked a town guards sword and dprinted away towards the beach.

You had to see it

It would not be long before Magus arrived at the beach. The cultists were worried as they had not heard from Magus since the previous night. When Magus entered the cave one of the cultist through himself on the ground.

"Thank goodness, we feared the worst, are you alright?"

Magus looked at him before saying

"Of course brother, please get up andstand still for a second."

The cultist, a little confused, stood. Magus embraced the man to the shock of the others.

"Master, what are you..."

His comfusion turned to pain as Magus bit into his neck. Blood spurted from his wound as he fell, gurgling something. Magus knelt and started to stab the cultist over and over until he stopped moving. Magus calmly got up, blood on his face, looked at the shocked onlookers and stated rather calmly.

"Brothers, sisters, I understand that there have been doubts about our cause. With so much opposition, how could one be certain of our conviction to our former glory. However I have taught that we are all one in the same, therefore to doubt me is to doubt yourself. That my friends, is something I just cannot allow. Now that such doubt has been removed we can begin."

They began to move about, placing candles and strange trinkets around the cave. As he saw the cage being opened and the child taken to the altar, Magus smiled.

Arclightning

As the ragged and mismatched figures chased down Kenalt he sprinted down the beach, seeming never to tire. He ran fueled by rage and adrenaline. After a few minutes Kenalt was far enough down the beach that he saw a small cave with a figure outside it in a black robe. The fire in Kenalts limbs redoubled and it almost hurt in its intensity. Quick as a snake he ran to the figure, chain swinging by his ankles

You had to see it

Magus looked behind him, to the outside. He could have sworn he heard chains rattling. It was just his mind playing tricks on him. He had just eaten flesh so his head wasn't entirely clear. He walked furthe into the cave as 2 cultists moved the body out of Magus's way. He walked toward the boy. As he looked at the lad he was amazed that all this trouble was started by him. As soon as he told the congregation that they needed to sacrifice a boy of 7 years, he saw the doubt in Nathaniel. His anger built as he remembered when they caught Nathaniel trying to free the boy from his intended purpose. And of course he remembered the man, the killer, the very persistent killer at that. But that was all over now. The bounty hunter had no reason for chasing him down now. He thought the only price on Magus's head was the one given by Nathaniel's father. Now he could be free to do as he pleases. He realized he had stared a little to long and the others were noticing. He crouched down and said to the child,

"Your going to be set free very soon"

The child responded, in slurred words,

"Wheres mommy?"

Magus smiled. He had kept the boy drugged to insure compliance. Its probably why the child could not remember his mother dying.

"You'll be with her soon, I promise"

He stood straight and led the child to the altar at the center of the camp. This was going to be quite the event.

Arclightning

Kenalt stepped over the corpse of the cultist into the cave, and saw a terrifying scene. Cultists were walking around, placing heretical objects around, and in the center was Magus standing over a child. Quick as a snake his chain flicked out and a cultist went down in a gurgling heap. The lethal weapon whipped around felling robed figures.

You had to see it

Magus saw the killer coming as the others ran for weapons. He felt a white hot fire rising in his stomach. Enough was enough. He pulled out a knife and grabbed the boy, holding the blade to his neck.

"Stop right there or the boy dies!"

His mind was already racing with negotiation strategies. The last thing Magus wanted was another fight interupting his work.

Arclightning

Kenalt stopped, and his chain whistled back to him and he grabbed it right under its wicked blade. Kenalts mind scrambled. What could he do? He wanted Magus dead, but at the cost of a child's life.? He looked into the boys wide, chocolate eyes, which were sluggish and unresponsive. No. He would not sink to that level. His chain dropped out of his slack fingers, clinking to the ground in a heap. Just as he was about to surrender a bunch of mismatched, poorly armed men burst into the cave, still breathing heavily from the run. Seizing the moment Kenalt rolled, picked up his chain, and snapped the blade at Magus' face in a motion as fluid as water and fast as a tiger.

You had to see it

Magus watched in glee as the killer hesitated. What a fool, he was going to kill the child regardless of wether he surrendered.

"At last now we can have a civilized discu-"

The town guard ran into the cave, briefly distracting Magus as they engaged the cultists who were now armed. He didn't see the killer's chain coming. It sliced cleanly into his cheek. He dropped the child and brought his hand to his face, stunned at the sudden turn of events.

Arclightning

Kenalt swung the chain around in a quick and lithe motion. It swung around and he grabbed it right under its blade. He sprinted and grabbed the child, throwing him behind him before punching at Magus.

[OOC: Sorry for the delay! I've been busy!]

You had to see it

Magus looked up from his hands only to be Met with a fist. The punch sent him careening to the floor. Confusion quickly turned to rage as he looked around for something to eat. No such luck but then an idea struck. Fueled by raw adrenaline he looked at his arm before taking a bite out of it. He felt pain for a split second before coming to a powerful mix of ecstasy and rage. He saw nothing but ways to kill the bounty hunter. His body was physically shaking from the mix of rage before looking directly into the killers eye's and, in an icily calm voice stating,

"Your going to die SLOWLY"

He then got to his feet before sending a hard punch to the killers face.
[OOC: Trust me, I get it.]

Arclightning

Kenalt was filled with a red mist of rage and fury, and also with a warm golden glow of satisfaction as his fist  grated against magus' face.
"Yeah! Eat it asshole!"
He dropped the chain and swung it underhanded, striking blue-green sparks on the rough stone floor just as the militia rushed into the cave, and after a brief and bloody whirl of violence the cultist were executed, and Magus stood alone

You had to see it

Now hopped up on his own flesh Magus quickly took in the lay of the room. All of his disciples had been killed and a militia was advancing. It didn't matter to him anymore, all that mattered was making sure none left alive. He briefly stared at the killer before saying,

"You had every opportunity to walk away. You shall receive cruelty you could not dream to be real."

He then charged the killer grasping for his throat.

Arclightning

Kenalt barely stepped back in time to grab his chain right under the blade to use as a dagger before Magus' fingers closed around his throat in a grip like that of an iron vice. It took all of Kenalts considerable strength to hold up the razor sharp blade as he and Magus fell to the ground, Magus at least hads the blow softened by a blade that pared flesh like a hot knife through butter, while Kenalt fell directly on a rock that filled his vision with bright flashing colors and a sound sharper than broken glass.

Tags: