Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Selfish Intentions [M]

Started by Draconian, May 01, 2016, 06:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Sunniva whimpered and took a step back. Her throat tightened and she pressed a hand to her chest.

"What did I do now?" She cried, standing confused and worried, taking a few steps back and out of the way. He absolutely radiated anger.

visualspice

He couldn't take it. He fucking had to leave. And he slammed the door in his wake.

Maybe he needed to find a damn brothel. Fuck.  When was the last time he had a damn woman that wasn't the fucking blind ass White Lily?

Fucking some whores and drowning in beer sounded good to him. Now he just had to find the damn place... which, in hind sight,  should have been easy except he was so pissed off that it was now impossible for him to even focus.

And he couldn't have known his little tantrum may have just saved his life. Because if he hadn't been so erratic, the arrow that suddenly hit him would have sunken straight into his heart.

But as it were, the arrow hit him elsewhere, and now the God of War was angry. And now he had a focus for his broiling over rage.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

The slammed door made her jump and Sunniva stood silently in the room, picking at her fingers and shivering at the cold. It took a moment for her to collect herself but she followed the cold air to the window before she closed it, moving to crawl into the bed and curl up in it.

Sunniva made sure to crawl into the middle of the bed, just because she could. Maybe if Krah came back to bed she could make him extra grumpy that he'd have no room. Sort of. What a butt. What was he getting so irrationally angry about?

visualspice

It was hard to say how long Krah was gone, but by the time he returned he was exhausted beyond measure. The sun was about to rise and he smelled clean.

He didn't even bother to move Sunniva before collapsing beside her, or rather, some limbs all.over her. And he was snoring in seconds,  even as daylight spilled in and there was a sudden pounding at the door.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Eventually, Sunniva fell asleep fitfully. Colder than usual and fully aware of the absence in the bed, the lack of weight making her brain itchy and unable to sleep. It came though and she woke up, startled when there was someone on her bed that smelled like a clean Krah.

Did he go bathe?

Sunniva wrinkled her nose and sat up, his arm at her waist from his collapsed self and she gently drew an arm over his hand and up his arm before he was snoring and she frowned gently.

Then there was knocking at the door.

She gave Krah a little shake, but he didn't budge.

Was the sun out? Nightgowns weren't the most practical guest clothing and she knew she'd be exposed. But all her things were in the other room. The knocking came harsher than before and she fought her way out of the bed before she went and opened the door a crack, hiding behind it because she was as good as naked.

"Hello?"

visualspice

The armored men on the other side looked none too pleased,  but at the sight of Sunniva, they hesitated.
"Ma'am, we hate to disturb you but we have a warrant for the arrest of Krah Mordeth. We were told he entered here this morning."

Draconian

Sunniva frowned and tilted her head, alarmed at the news.

"Oh? I'm afraid I'll need more information than that,"

She moved slightly to put herself in the doorway, careful to make sure she wasn't exposed or too indecent. Her chin tilted up and she kept her expression defiant.

visualspice

It didn't take much for them to notice her lack of eyes, but by the time they realized her dress...

The hesitation was brief.
"For his acts carried out last night. He owes much to the brothel & bath house. Disturbing the peace and..."

A really loud snore came from the other room.

It got awkwardly quiet.

"He is also suspected of murder."
Which.. if they had any idea Krah's reputation they would realize what a fool they sounded.

Draconian

Sunniva sighed and let her head tilt, frowning and slinking through the door to close it behind her and stand in front of it. Sure she was in a nightgown, but she was tired and annoyed that her companion couldn't go one day without causing as scene.

"I'll need more information about both of those things, Sirs." Her voice was soft and she held the handle in both her hands, "Krah is a military officer you'll need to be more descriptive of 'murder' and the Duchy of Folkvar will pay for whatever the... brothel & bath house need if there are damages." There was a tightness in her chest, when a brothel was mentioned and while she wanted to hang her head, feeling hurt and abandoned that he'd spend the night with random faceless women...

Perhaps it was a dose of reality she needed.

"Explain, please. What murder is this supposed to be?"

visualspice

Now with the woman standing right there, revealing well.. everything,  the men oogled. Hesitating on their stance, the leader cleared his throat.

"And just what authority do you have to deny us arrest?" The man asked,  words now more clipped.

Draconian

Sunniva sighed, crossing her arms over her chest and defiantly lifting her chin,

"More authority than you think," She tapped her barefoot on the ground, "are you city guards? I've already told you the solution, why haven't you left yet?" Her eyebrows went up and she tilted her head, "It can't possibly be just me from you guys going in there and taking your quarry."

"Who are you, please."

visualspice

The man hesitated but lifted his chin.
'Yeah, city guards." He eyed her.  "You got proof to back your claim?"

Draconian

"City Guards," She echo'd, lifting a hand to tap at her lip, "Interesting. Unfortunately you caught me asleep, so if you'd be so kind as to return later this afternoon, I'm more than happy to support my claims." Sunniva smiled at them, "As it is, I can prove nothing, because I am naked."

She opened the door and moved to go into the room, "Please return later after we've slept - I've already solved your problem, so you don't have to worry about us leaving. Have a good day, Gentlemen."

visualspice

The men argued amongst one another until finally their voices faded as they left. Meanwhile...

Krah still snored from where he lay sprawled unceremoniously across the bed.

Draconian

Sunniva quickly returned to the room, pacing for a moment before she ran her hands through her hair and moved to climb onto the bed. Should she wake him?

Probably. That bastard.

She didn't. Instead, she found the things she brought to this room and quickly got dressed, finger combing her hair and making she she'd tied her stockings off properly, not bothering to put shoes on. Today she braided her hair and finally when she was finished dressing she crawled back onto the bed.

Krah was warm and she easily tucked herself against his side, a leg throw over one of his and her head resting on his chest. "What are we going to do about you?" She sighed, hurt and annoyed that she was feeling hurt. At least he was warm, and she was taking full advantage of him being asleep and warm.

Damages to buildings. Murder.

Must have been a regular day of the week.

visualspice

It was several hours before he stirred, arms naturally holding the woman closer. It wasn't a rare occurrence to awaken with a woman (or women..) in his bed,  nearly glued to his side. But as the fog of sleep faded... hadn't he...

He felt a sickening pang grip his belly as he turned to regard Sunniva's form. She couldn't even look at him,appreciate all the man that he was. Her damn eyes were fucking gone yet here he was...feeling.. 

Feeling.. feeling..  feeling anything at all.

He was war.

What the fuck was even this?

Draconian

It was getting harder and harder to hide the pregnancy. Thankfully it was still in the 'maybe she just ate too much' stage if you didn't know, but she knew. And Krah knew. There were attempts to hide it in good company, but here, Sunniva had fallen back asleep, turned on her side with her back pressed against the man like she were a cat and he was a warm beam of sunshine to soak up the warmth.

In her sleep, she curled an arm over her side to press her fingers to his form, unconsciously making sure he was still there, before she rolled over with a sigh and relocated her head onto his chest and throwing a leg over one of his.

visualspice

He closed his eyes and sighed, irritability. Seeing how she stirred, he atleast knew she was awake and he took a moment to chew over his words,  glaring up at the ceiling.

But instead of talking, he just let himself tense and stew.

Draconian

The more Krah stayed quiet, the comfier Sunniva got. The more content. The more at ease. The thoughts from earlier with the guards weren't floating around and it was easy to pretend, just for now, that this was where she was supposed to be. Ansgar and redemption far flung ideas.

Could pretend that the man she was curled around wanted her. Didn't hate her. Didn't despise her. Wouldn't abandon her. Her fighters curled into a fist on his chest and she gave a contented sigh, trying to fall back asleep.

visualspice

Thoughts he'd never share drifted throughout his mind as he lay there. Was this how some men really lived? One woman until he was old? Both just nestled like this each night?

Idly his fingers brushed through her hair, a reaction he didn't even realize he was doing until he stopped himself. What the hell was he doing? Yeah this was all fun ride, she- another conquest,  like so many others before her.

Yet this was still...
different. And he hated it all the more because of it.

He sighed and closed his eyes.
He needed to get back to his fucking job.