Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fire's Ashes [Open] [M]

Started by Fukurou, May 07, 2016, 09:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You had to see it

Mortum saw the thing fly to the sky and scan the ground before it looked at him. Mortum scrambled to a mace on the ground and grabbed it before running away from the civilians. If the bastard wanted him then by God the thing was going have to fight to get him. He stopped and looked toward the creature gesturing debit to come down. The thing might be tougher and stronger then he was but it didn't know what kind of damage Mortum could do, and in a fight what you don't know could get you killed.

Fukurou

"Mortum, my dear friend," a deep voice rumbled in the bounty hunter's head, sounding similar to the abomination yet lacking the tenor overtones that belonged to the mage. "I must thank you. It has been quite some time since I've had the pleasure of visiting this realm in the physical form. If it hadn't been for you, perhaps it would have been another several hundred years of waiting..." Pausing, the abomination summoned a misty orb in their hand and muttered commands to it in a foreign tongue with only distinguishable words being "Bryn" and "Matron's Hollow." The orb bounced up and down before evaporating in mid-air. "Mortals are such entertaining creatures, wouldn't you agree?" The demon laughed and tore at the air, ripping open a portal that swirled with various shades of maroon and inky black. Just as the creature entered the portal, and image of a colossal dragon with talons as big as a man appeared before Mortum. Light glinted off his obsidian scales as the inferno lapped at his stony body as he turned his great head towards the bounty hunter. He gazed at Mortum, his four terrible eyes matched the fire as shades of reds, yellows, and oranges swam about hypnotically. A skeletal smile spread even deeper as he purred, "until we meet again," and just as soon as it had came, the vision was gone along with the portal.

You had to see it

Mortum dropped the mace and stared at the spot where the thing had disappeared and tried to process what he was just told. The creature had said something unintelligible about Matrons hollow and "Bryn", whatever that was. He would have to begin his pursuit now, no telling what the thing would do now that it was free. He felt the space in his head throb, probably due to the creatures presence in his mind. He ducked into an alleyway hoping to get away from the mordecai. The last thing he needed was another seizure. He had to find a sword and a horse.

Magyar

"Son of a bitch! It got away! Follow that bounty hunter!" Gwynne shouted, desperate to gain the upper hand. If he had nothing to show for this chaos, his status as a viable warrior could be on the line. However, his men had to calm the people. Grabbing two other men, he chased after the corpse like figure on foot. You cannot escape me, corpse! I know these roads, I will find you. he thought frantically, more as a consolation to himself than as a threat to Mortum.