Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So! Who wants to take advantage of the Yoreiq Isles?

Started by Anonymous, January 10, 2006, 08:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I'm terribly interested in a tropical setting.  Anyone else game?

Rhindeer

I'm game!

I just have to figure out a character first! XD

Anything you had in mind?
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Not really, it's just that I've written stuff centered around an Indonesian-style island chain and have wanted to RP in some similar setting ever since.  I'll pro'lly churn out a new character for it too, tho'--surely you've got something in mind for the place.

Anonymous

I'm game. I have to crank off a new charri though.

*Runs off to make new character*

Rhindeer

XD Well, lessee...I just made a new character yesterday, Yoren. I could see her visiting that type of setting to do research and stuff. She's anti-magic like any good Connlaothian, and she thinks magic and mages alike ought to be wiped out, but she's not paranoid about it; she has the same sort of fascination with it as one might have with, say, a highly venomous snake or bacteria under a microscope. So, indeed, she could outwardly get along well with mages if it was for research purposes, even while inwardly it would be purely business in her own mind, and even though, in truth, she would only be regarding said mage like any other specimen. XD

I have nothing in particular in mind for the islands. ^__^ Of course I'll be writing up stuff, and likely some of that stuff might be influenced by what occurs in role-play. So I say the sky's the limit. XD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Oh oh oh... that would be great to add in Randuil into since he is a MAGE... :p  but yeah I will like to tag in as well :D

Rhindeer

Bwahaha, that would be interesting! Of course, Yoren won't be telling anyone where she's really from, nor what her motives are. XD

So, yesh! I'm all ready and willing when everyone else is! ^__^

Anonymous

Liek wise Randuil is rareing to go... Oh and I jsut wonder what the first reaction Yoren is going to have of Randuil  :? *ponders*

Besides that Where do we GOOOOO????

Rhindeer

Muahaha, guess we'll just have to find out, eh? XP

And as to where to go...the Yoreiq Isles. We could either have our characters go to Ainu, or to Yoreiq itself. I'm fine with either board! ^__^

Anonymous

Heh since I am new here at the moment I will follow the lead in destination... anywhere is fine since Randuil is mainly out for hte persute of knowledge so he is wandering at the moment....  leaving home land behind

Anonymous

Anonymous

I've got the hot yang to play some sort of young noble who fancies him/herself an anthropologist.  I have no idea how this would fit into what everyone else is doing, but it burns, it burns!

Rhindeer

Oooh, that sounds like a fun character! Join him/her! Yoren would be pleased. XP

Anonymous

There!  I hope he's not wretchedly lame.  I almost wanted to make it a chick with Victorian sensibilities, but it just doesn't fit SotE's equivalent time frame.  Either way, the anthropologist is posted.

Anonymous

I have an odd character I'd like to play that could work in a jungle setting. Mind if I join in on this as well? He's essentially a giant with a village for a head... based off an old sketch by Wayne Douglas Barlowe (http://www.waynebarlowe.com/barlowe_pag ... e_home.htm). Might be something interesting for you characters do discover.

Rhindeer

Oooo, sounds interesting! XDD Yeah, hop on in! ^___^

Definitely a unique character concept!

Anonymous

When should we get this thing started, any preference for the whithers and hows?

Anonymous

Hm mwell since you started the thread Raidho Why not let you kick us off  :D Or do you want someone else to kick it off

oh and if ideas are needed why not start the place of meet in a good old tavern (man I wonder how many times that has been the starting point >_< )   in the town on the ilse at the Port of Ainu since that would fit nicely into the reason on how we all some how bumped into one another or if two of you want to enter the story as a group from the start would be sutiable as well.  

Hmm and the hole bases could go back to the big wide site plot of the virus and all of us meet in the troics to start looking for a cure or a means or any of hte type since it is rumored that tropical area have unique cures...  But of ocurse since it is a wide site plot we just find trouble that leads to the point where we forget about hte cure to save are own lives :D  well that is an idea that jsut popped into my head what do you think

Anonymous

I figure ours might be the only group isolated from the disease, at least for a time, or perhaps an unwitting carrier brings it to the isles and, oh no, devestation amongst native magic users!  But it has the potential to be one of the few places of refuge.  (granted, I have two characters already planned to toss on it's mercy and one to be otherwise involved.  If anyone else would like to put it into this story, I don't see why not, but I think the players should agree on it)

So!  We're meeting somewhere in Ainu.  'Cus it's the logical place to meet.  Unless anyone from the mainland wishes to be previously acquainted with anyone else, perhaps on the ship over?  I already give anyone permission to play off 'Nato in such a manner if they wish to.

Anonymous

Ok, I suppose I'll drop my character in a little later. It doesn't really make sense for an 80 foot tall, building-headed giant to be wandering around town. He'll be partially buried in the jungle somewhere.

Yeah it would make sense for the isles to be isolated from the virus. I'm not sure if Leader would count as a magic user. He has some odd abilites, but doesn't actually cast spells as such.