Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Out of the Woods

Started by DragonSong, June 07, 2016, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She couldn't help it- she laughed. Dusk raised a hand to muffle the sound and slapped at Starhunter's whithers lightly in a rather weak reprimand.

"Stop that," she giggled softly. "Be nice." Her eyes were glinting as she glanced up at Ki'adan.

Lion

He heard something behind him.and glanced backwards.  "Is something funny?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

"Oh, um-" Once again she was blushing and dropping her eyes. "N-nothing, Starhunter was just joking around..."

Lion

He furrowed his brow.  "My horse...told you a joke?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

"Um..." Too late she realized the slip. A sheepish sort of smile and she shrugged. "Y-yes. I can...hear them." She tapped the side of her head. "In h-here, sort of."

Lion

Only then did Ki'adan realize just how much of a risk he took with allowing a stranger to travel with him.  Was this girl a kook?  Was she going to slit his throat when he was asleep?

Internally his eye widened, however outwardly he kept his cool.  "Oh, good to know?  And...what was my horse's joke?  Maybe I want to laugh too."

"Don't tell him," Starhunter grumbled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Ah- you wouldn't think it was f-funny," Dusk mumbled, throwing Starhunter a small wink. "Just...horse humor."

Lion

"My horse thinks himself a jester does he?  And why won't he entertain me?" he asked after a time.

"Because you're a sourpuss," the horse snorted and his knickering sounded like laughter.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk couldn't help but giggle again. "Stop it," she whispered, leaning over the horse's neck to his ear. "You're going to get us in trouble," she murmured playfully.

"D-don't worry about it," she said to Ki'adan, sitting back again. "He's j-just being silly."

Lion

"Hm, if you say so," Ki'adan murmured.

"I've never met anyone that could hear my mind before? Are you human?" Starhunter murmured.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"I'm not entirely sure," Dusk admitted, forgetting to keep her voice down. "I was abandoned in La'marri as a baby, I don't know who my people are."

Lion

Ki'adan swung around.  "I might be less confused if you stop talking to yourself."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk squeaked and clapped a hand to her mouth, eyes going wide. "S-s-s-sorry," she murmured into her palm. "I f-forget sometimes, I d-d-don't do it on purpose..."

Lion

The horse reached forward to nibble on Ki'adan's hair and knickered.  The distraction was enough to make him look ahead and laugh.  "Stop it, boy."  But he laughed and continued on.

"You're welcome," Starhunter said back, walking along.  He was starting to like this stranger, even if she was getting them both into trouble.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk smiled slightly, eyes downcast and hand stroking over the horse's neck. "Sh-should I get down to walk with you?" she asked after a few moments. "I feel k-kinda bad. Maybe Starhunter would l-l-like the rest."

Lion

"If you wish, certainly." Ki'adan said and stopped.  He helped Dusk from the saddle and Starhunter nudged her head with his nose.  "Even sitting can be exhausting."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Thanks," she murmured to both of them, reaching back with one hand to pat Starhunter's cheek. She gave Ki'adan a small smile and murmured, "You d-didn't have to help me though, I c-could've dismounted myself."

She certainly hadn't minded it though. It was a strangely gentile gesture out here in the middle of the woods.

Lion

"I don't mind.  You see, a hard fall from a beast such as Starhunter wouldn't make the rest of the journey very pleasant," he said.  He smiled.  "Now will you tell me what my horse said that was so funny?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Dusk blushed and ducked her eyes quickly. "He was just...t-teasing you," she murmured, casting Starhunter an apologetic look. She'd never been a very good liar, so she didn't even try.

Lion

"Hmmm," Ki'adan hummed.  "It's nice to learn my horse has such a hidden sense of humor."
He sniffed.  "You're... You're not a little weird in the head are you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn