Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Senate

Started by Anonymous, January 10, 2006, 11:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

An idea Me, David, and Rhi have been playing with. Pretty much, Vharzyym is going to unite all of la'raana in a group much like the UN. No, there is not war involved, and the kingdoms wont get screwed over. I feel it a nice way for venorik to gain a seat of power, as head chairman of the senate. Every area will be represented and bound in a treaty. This will, ultimately, keep peace among the nations as well as protect them all. Any who break the rules of the treaty will face the force of the rest of the senate. I'de like all the people who play leaders of kingdoms/ independent places to let be known their place on this idea. The areas with no ruler will be represented equally, but that will be worked out by the provisional multinational influence as the problem arises.

Anonymous

Why do I get the feeling that this new idea will somehow turn into the events that unfolded in the Star Wars movies? :P

Anonymous

Yer it does kinda sound like something out of star wars... Rip off  :twisted:  :lol:  jk

Anonymous

nah, nah..<_< >_>. lol. No, i'm serious about this one.

Anonymous

....knowing Drow... it would be really, really, -really- out of character for them to even suggest peace... >_>

I'm not buying it. XP

Rhindeer

Um...I think you and me were on different pages about this subject, Josh. ^_~

I think if you want to do something with Vharzyym, you SHOULD develop relations with other kingdoms and areas and the like because right now it really isn't known about at all. But I really don't think it would be realistic for Venorik to be running a UN type organization, nor do I think it would be realistic for any kingdoms or areas to really be interested in joining an organization created by someone they have never even heard of before and don't even know about--I know if I was running a country, I'd do deep research into who I was alliancing with and probably have prior relations with them to fall back on, and as far as I know, that's the way most leaders run their countries. ^__^

But like I said if you wanna try it, go have Venorik get audiences with various leaders and discuss stuff with them. Maybe they'll be interested, maybe not. If nothing else, it'll get Venorik known and possibly Vharzyym too, and Venorik and Vharzyym both *definitely* need to get known. And, like I said...you really need to develop Vharzyym more if you want them to be a key player in any big site events. I don't mean by building NPC cities and armies. I mean develop plots, get more actual PCs (Player Characters) involved, and tone down the NPCs. A few are fine. But when there are more NPCs than actual PCs...

I do think it'd be interesting for kingdoms to develop their own relationships and alliances with one another and surrounding villages, though. Of course, this is all up to the leaders themselves.

These are just suggestions. Don't take offense. XD When anyone poses a site-wide plot, and especially one of this scale, they will get questions and suggestions about it. Heck, I've posed ideas for site-wide plots before that either just didn't work or no one liked. These types of things just have to be worked with and worked on.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

oh dear jesus....

drow and peace is like adolf getting along with the jews....oi

Anonymous

you seriously don't undrstand Venorik. he likes power, and violence is normally just the best way to gain  that. But if he sees a chance, such as this, he is fine with peace if he gains power. And with the not being known thing, he is doing it under the title of Zantaric, not vharzyym, which everybody knows about. The city of Zantaric is they key negotiator, not vharzyym. The kingdoms should have no problem since they are not [utting all faith in Zantaric, it is an equal power organization. Zantairc would be just a liable to punishment from the senate as any other kingdom. Evrybody has to follow the rules of peace. I would like the leaders to tell me how they feel so i know how to best go about it IC.

Rhindeer

Vharzyym aside, I'm having trouble with the idea of all the areas agreeing to ANY sort of treaty with one another. I could see Serendipity and Adela alliancing with one another; they've had good relations for some time now. But the others? Um...lessee here...

Connlaoth = anti magic. I can NOT see Connlaoth going into any sort of treaty with a country or village or town or anything that allows magic. They hate magic. They kill mages. I can't see them striking any sort of agreement with Zantaric, a village of mages, or Serendipity, or Necromantia, or anything like that. Just off the sole basis that they allow magic and mages.

Necromantia = allows mages, is a country devoted to Necromancy. The people of Necromantia are only on an island to begin with because they were persecuted on the mainland for their beliefs and practices, which are unorthodox and disturbing to the mainlanders. Considering their religion is centered around Death and whatnot...I cannot see another mainland civilization wanting to have much to do with them, considering the Necromantians were already kicked off the mainland...and Necromantia itself stays pretty much to itself, and likely might even be derisive toward foreigners.

All the other places all have their own agendas and cultures and beliefs...

It's just...I really can't see these civilizations uniting with one another under any premises. And if they would, it would have to be REALLY good. Like...maybe "we will unite to save the world!" good, and possibly not even that (heck, look at our world today. Heh heh). XD Simply being promised safety is not always a good reason...some countries do not WANT safety or peace--they want others to stay out of their business and to fight their own battles.

Of course, like I said, you are still free to try. ^_~
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa