Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ehvren snorted and muttered, "Only thing that happened is your kingdom is gone and in ruins." He frowned. "At least you can remember it."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She flinched back as though the words were a physical blow, then jerked her face away in an effort to hide the welling of tears in her eyes.

"Why--" She gritted her teeth, hating the way her voice shook when she wanted it to hold firm, to be angry. "Why do you have to do that? Why do you have to say the cruelest thing you can think of--"

She cut herself off and turned to put her shoulder to him, dashing angrily at her eyes with the back of her hand. One breath, another, and she somehow managed to regain enough control of herself to say quietly, "Well, seeing as I have no other options available to me...I suppose I will be going to see if there was any truth to that theory. If that answers your question."

visualspice

He didn't like the way she made him feel. His insides felt wormy, sour and it reflected easily on his face. He was about to tell her he only spoke truth, but the feeling made him Ill again and he stilled his tongue.

He turned from her, burning in an unknown shame.
"Atleast you have memories." He muttered. He felt useless here and sadly, as confused as she. But part of him was actually jealous. she atleast had some semblance of memories.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ilona didn’t respond to that. She was still hurt, and grieving, and she knew if she tried to keep talking about this she was either going to start crying properly or say something cutting. And that was no behavior for a princess.

Even one without a kingdom.

“Do you think you can travel?” she asked quietly, sniffing a bit and swiping away another few trickling tears. “We should begin moving soon.”

visualspice

Ehvren bristled at the thought, frown deepening.

"Travel? Out there?" he asked, voice growing louder.

DragonSong

Ilona had to physically bite her tongue to keep from shouting.

"Yes," she said, forcing herself to speak slowly and calmly. "Because our other option is to starve to death in this cave. So, travel. Out there."

visualspice

He wasn't a fan of this idea, but what other choice did they have?
"Do you even know where we would be going?" He asked, still bristly.

DragonSong

Ilona sighed and started running her fingers through her hair, pulling the flaxen mass of it over one shoulder so she could begin braiding it loosely. "Vaguely? South. I know where the natural landmarks to guide us should be, but...clearly the world has changed."

She sighed again and glanced up at the small bit of light that filtered down through the hole they'd used to get down to the hot springs. "With any luck we will be able to find a town before too long, and I can acquire a proper map."

And maybe learn a bit about just what had happened in the time she'd been asleep.

visualspice

He didn't like it, but what other choice did they have?  And that strange creature that attacked them... if more lived near this place, the further from it ,he told himself, the safer he'd be.

"Fine. Whatever. Let's go while we have daylight." He'd rather not trudge in the cold, white ash in the dark. Who knew what monsters might be lurking beneath.

"We need to prepare anything... for travel?"

DragonSong

Ilona drew her bottom lip between her teeth, shaking her head. "Unless you have anything...no."

All she had was her tattered nightdress. She didn't even have shoes.

Damnit.

With a sharp sigh, she bent to rip a few more strips of fabric from her hem, then wrapped them as best she could around her feet. It would have to do.

As she straightened up, her eyes caught on the strange moss she'd used to help bandage Ehvren's arm. Her stomach dropped. In a matter of minutes, the moss had started to die.

I have to get out of here.

"We should hurry," she said, hoping she didn't sound as panicky as she felt. She tried to lock down her magic, but there was only so much she could do to contain the curse.

visualspice

It was only then that Ehvren really noticed (or cared) how poorly dressed she really was.
"Hey wait a minute..." He placed a hand to her shoulder to halt her. "We can't travel like this. " He gestured to her from.  "You'll freeze!" Atleast he had his armor and leathers underneath- he tensed. "You.. you dont have anything?" Akrhough it was obvious she did not, he sounded angry as he growled.  "Just.. hold up a second," and he began to work at removing the armored pieces along his arm, which caused the moss to fall completely off and reveal the wound had completely vanished.

DragonSong

Ilona flinched under his touch, then watched in mute bemusement  a he started to remove his armor.

What in the name of the heavens was he doing? They didn't have time for this!

"Ehvren, what--?" she started, but cut herself off quickly. Whatever he was doing, she'd grown wary enough of his temper not to try to argue with him.

visualspice

"Just look away", he grumbled, armor quickly dumping into a pile, leaving him in slim robes lined over leather that hugged tightly to his thick, muscled body. "Unless you're planning to glimpse me naked, " he added, mocking her as if she'd dared.  A second later he was half undressed and tossing some leather breeches and the top half of his robe her way.
"Put those on," he grumbled, redressing in what underclothes he had left. "Its not much but it better than nothing." He turned his back to her and reached for his armor.

DragonSong

She was momentarily tempted to point out that she had already seen him naked--inadvertent as it might have been--with their dip in the springs, but she again held her tongue.

When he tossed the pile of fabric at her she stared at it in confusion for a moment before his offer actually processed. She blinked.

"Oh. Thank...thank you."

As quickly as she could, she pulled the clothes on. They were too big, and smelled very distinctly of moss and sweat and something that she assumed was just Ehvren, but they were warm, and she didn't exactly have the opportunity to be picky.

"I'm ready," she murmured, offering him a small smile when he turned back again and repeating, "Thank you. Really. I mean it, thank you."

visualspice

Yeah.. sure. It was a nice thing that he'd done. But he wasn't prepared for the consequences. She kinda looked cute with his clothes half hanging off of her slimmer form. And then she was thanking him and he felt even more out of place, out of his skin.

He turned away with a scowl.
"We're just helping each other out," his words, sounded almost protesting. He readjusted his own clothing and armor, which was a lot less comfortable now without all of the layers yet-
Well...
Okay.. so he wasn't completely heartless. There was no way they would both survive the cold, let alone she- in just her night shift dress!

DragonSong

Ilona found herself smiling a bit, despite how close she still felt to tears, and she ducked her head to hide it.

Maybe...maybe he wasn't so bad.

"Alright. Ready to move?" She glanced up at their way out again and frowned. "I think...you may have to lift me out. And then I can help pull you up?"

visualspice

Ehvren blinked. He looked up to where they needed to go then back down to her.
"Don't take offense to it, Princess, but I doubt you could pull me up."

DragonSong

"Well...no, probably not," she admitted, frowning in thought. "But I could, um...fashion a rope? Use that."

Though the only thing she had to use for such a purpose was her already tattered nightgown... Still, it was better than nothing, and she didn't have to rip it apart to use it to help pull him up, right? She could always just...use it as an outer layer.

Gods. How had this become her life?

visualspice

Ehvren sighed, irritably.
"Look, you're obviously much weaker than I. I'll have to just carry you out of here," he said, as if it was an obvious answer. He looked for the best spot to climb as he was informing her of this great plan, before turning to her and tossing her over his back like a sack of potatoes.

"Just.. hold on," he said, and attempting the climb with one arm. Well, one arm and his elbow that was part of the arm holding onto her- occasionally he'd use that for purchase. But somehow he managed to move, climbing not unlike a spider- as if he were built to move and climb against such odds.

DragonSong

"Wait, wait, wait, hold on one sec--Ehvren!"

Ilona protested--loudly--but she knew better than to struggle once he'd started climbing. She had no idea how he was doing this, but she didn't want to wriggle and cause them both to fall.

That didn't stop her from sighing heavily and muttering reproachfully, "You could have asked you know, instead of just grabbing me."